X32 Discussion

Re: NAMM

So you don't want Behringer to supply reasonably well designed and built hardware, free and easy software upgrades, and constant and readily available service in convenient locations at minimal to no cost?

Sorry for so late answer - I was too busy to follow this thread.
Maybe I used wrong words (I'm not a native speaker - I'm really sorry for that), but all I wanted to say is I really like Behringer price policy as it is now. I think they pursued and are still pursuing their goal - providing music gear in at really good price point.
To the Apple - IMHO their products are overpriced. When I see MacBook for 8000PLN (I earn ~ 2000 PLN per month = $650; my work isn't related with music industry) I can't say it's in a reasonable price for me. From my point of view this is unacceptable.

I think it doesn't matter right now - Let's enjoy the NAMM!

Last edited:

Upgraded to V2 and forgot that I had an important scene on 1.15. Luckily, I had the scene already loaded on X32-Edit on one of my laptops (from when I last used it), so I quickly saved it. Connecting X32-Edit to the console I did a "PC -> Console", and sure enough it loaded the scene to the console. It did error out at around 80% saying transfer was corrupt, but I cant find anything that got messed up.

Quite possibly the most interesting Music Group announcement, I tested the BCF unit with an X32 and thought the concept fell just a little bit short.

I got a BCF2000 only recently, so this one's kind of annoying. That said, the X-TOUCH COMPACT doesn't really look that different. An extra fader, and 8 more knobs, but even less in terms of displayed feedback. I haven't tried anything beyond controlling DCAs with it. I'm still trying to decide between trying to borrow 16x8 100' snake to keep the X32 in the booth for my upcoming show, or leave the mixer backstage and remote it with X32-Edit and the BCF2000 (and a long Cat5).

Looks like the theater guys will be happy with the new 500 Cue feature. Snippets look useful, too. Still 100 Scenes, but Cues and Scenes interact somehow so it sounds like you get much more changeability.

Liking what I'm reading so far, and the X32 home page has a lot of great looking info on it that will bear further study.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Gain Splitting and Remote Control for FOH and Monitoring Applications
    • New Gain Split mode for separating the channel gain (Trim) from the head amp gain
    • When Gain Split is active the head amp gains can only be adjusted on the Setup/Preamps page,
      while input channels have digital trims only
    • After having set the head amp gains with reasonable headroom during soundcheck, the Gain Split
      can be engaged. During the show both, FOH and Monitoring consoles, will operate their local gain
      Trims independently

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is very big for me.

Thanks, Uli!!!!!

Last edited:

And Mono Bus Sends on Faders!

And level meters for DCA's!

And Sends on Fader button flash when activated!

Nothing about Recorder counter meaningfulness, or a snake system, though. Or an X48.

All in all, a good day.

And Mono Bus Sends on Faders!

And level meters for DCA's!

And Sends on Fader button flash when activated!

Nothing about Recorder counter meaningfulness, or a snake system, though. Or an X48.

All in all, a good day.

I think the presence of a rebadged X32 as the Midas M32 pretty much lays to rest any notion of a Behringer Badged X48. Maybe a Midas M48/64....

Last edited:

The description of all the changes is far better on the Midas M32 page , including pictures . Its a real shame Ive closed my business down :eek:( but then again I still have my X32 so time to go play again .

Kev

The description of all the changes is far better on the Midas M32 page , including pictures . Its a real shame Ive closed my business down :eek:( but then again I still have my X32 so time to go play again .

Kev

+1

Nice to see all of the new stuff in the FX rack like the new compressors (1176, Fairchild 670, Multiband), and the other additions which can be used for "character". This moves me closer to being able to mix creatively like I did with my favourite plugins on Venue consoles. The spectrograph/rta behind the EQ is also quite useful too.
Lots of my wishes were added, including some nice workflow improvements.

Thanks Behringer! I have not regretted owning the X32 for a second, in fact it has been one of my favorite purchases ever. It's been one of those rare cases where you get more than what you pay for!

Question is, as seemingly the M32 can use Midas DL151 or 251 I/O racks and with it also work @ 96kHz, whats the matter with X32? Back then Uli mentioned somewhere here that the X32 could work @96kHz.....
any info??

I think it could. But that is clearly not an option in marketing terms. Now the Midas M32 is here. Now for more important questions.. Could a M32 load X32 scenes? I would ask if i was at Namm but i am not..

Hi all. Haven't been in this forum for a while. I am really enjoying working with my X32. But inexperience is causing me to have problems setting up good effects for vocals on it. I know it can be done, I just don't have much experience in setting up effects for vocals. I wonder if a couple of you would be willing to help me know what effects and effect parameters you use for vocals on your X32. That would give me a good starting point to play with further.

Thanks .......... Rob

Your numbers are waaaay off and you are comparing apples to oranges. You need to compare three ways to three ways. Two KLA12 tops and one sub per side are 9800, not 15k. I have seen this rig out and use it myself. Well, I use more than one sub per side. We installed a KLA based system at the nation's premier Harley dealership in KC (three per side with six subs) and it rocks down to the neighboring car dealership. We could not get that distance with KW153s. That said, I prefer the sound of the 153s. I think it is the best box they make. The KLAs can get really raunchy quick with the wrong mics and sources.

That's nice to know, though what you describe is install job, what I meant were mobile DJ rigs. Set I described is typical GC showroom, each side being KLA181 with two KLA12 on the stick, six total. Your numbers are definitely higher, almost $20k. Mine are the best quote I could get from local GC. As for 153s, I've got all my HPR153i used for slightly over $600 each (mostly ex-church, gotta look for good deals), except for last one that happened to be new on clearance (somehow it wasn't on sale until now). I prefer an older HPRs, sounds better than KW and easier to load due to end caps with handles. SPL is about the same as KW, 134 vs 135.

Biker boys paying $20K and more for their Harleys are definitely a different crowd than struggling mobile DJs and weekend bands, so the Harley dealer has the money to spend. It's definitely not apples-to-apples comparison, from customer standpoint.

My subs are JBL SRX728s, dual 18" driven by QSC PLX3602 amps, one per each in bridge mode. Usually ground stacked along the stage, you get more dB this way. 728s cabs are tuned much lower than those of KLA181, to 27Hz, I think, so they are different kind of animals.

Last edited: