X32 Discussion

How to restore desk setup into V2.01 firmware

Ok - I did it...

Upgraded to the latest firm ware..
Of course I saved all the desks routing etc beforehand... BUT
When I try to restore, the X32 promptly tells me 'WRONG FILE VERSION' and I cannot restore scenes, routing.. or anything!

Is there an answer that doesn't say 'Start from Scratch'?

Thanks
Pauly

Re: How to restore desk setup into V2.01 firmware

Ok - I did it...

Upgraded to the latest firm ware..
Of course I saved all the desks routing etc beforehand... BUT
When I try to restore, the X32 promptly tells me 'WRONG FILE VERSION' and I cannot restore scenes, routing.. or anything!

Is there an answer that doesn't say 'Start from Scratch'?

Thanks
Pauly
No, Not at this time...

If you're up to it you can probably edit the scene file(s) to some extent.

Re: How to restore desk setup into V2.01 firmware

Got it by comparing the 2 file formats and changing the header.... I 'ain't confident it'll all be right but at least the routing seems ok...
Have top go elsewhere now but will report later this weekend hopefully.

Thanks for the tip robert.

Pauly

Thanks Robert...

What a Pain...took hours to route this place.

Pauly
\:-(

Re: 2.0

Hi Antoon, goedemorgen,

Does this cable actually lock into the X32s IEC connector? I mean, are you really only able to pull it out when depressing the red safety-button?

- Martin

Yes. I use the same locking IEC cabels as well. They work with any standard IEC connect.
Highly recommended!

Last edited:
Re: 2.0

Hey,

I have been directed to this forum as I am having trouble with my X32. When I turn it on all the gates flash on and off, not just the LEDs it is actually turning all the gates on and off. I have to shut down my desk and start it up numerous times to final get it in a working state.

This happens when the S16 is attached and when its not and when I sync locally and sync to the S16

Any help?

Re: NAMM

one would be tempted to believe that with the exception of some features unique to the M32 (mainly the assignments for the second card slot), the two desks would speak the same language.

As for 96 kHz, when it get implemented for M32, it should be easy to do it for the X32 as well except that the i/o will have to be treated differently. Will they do it? Probably not, as anyone absolutely needing 96 kHz should be willing to pay the extra money for a M32.

Indeed. And we don't even know how much processing power the X32 uses. Modern DSP are very efficient.

Re: NAMM

Any word/idea when Behringer might release an updated version of the (pc/mac/linux) remote software? Seems like with the new feature set and issues some are having with saved scenes no longer working, the old control software wouldn't be compatible with the new firmware.

Anyone else surprised the M32 didn't get a touchscreen?