X32 Discussion

Re: 2.0

is this relevant with recalling scenes also?

All saving would be done via the X32?

would it create any issues if we went through the Core with the Cat 5 link so it was already wired in in worst case scenario?

Mike

is this relevant with recalling scenes also?

All saving would be done via the X32?

would it create any issues if we went through the Core with the Cat 5 link so it was already wired in in worst case scenario?Mike
Actually ( unless changed in v2 &not documented yet) it is a little more complex with the core as you cannot load a scene from the usb stick ONLY a show!
Therefore best is after initial set up and sound chk save as show to usb or pc.
Rehaving it go thru core - presume you mean s16 to core to x32
If this so then initial gain settings on inputs would be done on core but now with v2 you can now after that switch to trim control on x32 at Foh
But re the back-up not sure if having it connected already will make too much difference in fact not sure if the routing would need to be changed in this instance - from my phone so no console - best is just to mock up scenarios and see which works best for you.

Could someone with 2.01 installed post a scene file to compare with my 1.15 scene. I would love to be able to make the change to my file so i can load it tomorrow morning. I wont have access to the x32 until then.

Assuming the more sensible choice would be to go for the X32 Rack mount therefore meaning quick access to the menus in a situation, how would people suggest to set this up? ill probably think about having one of the s16 boxes in a rack with the X32 Rackmount, which will always be stage end, run a cat 5 from FOH through the x32 rack mount ( will this cause conflict issues if both have the same show on and should i just have a CAT 5 read to plug in from the S16 and bypass the Rackmount when running from the X32 full desk) then load the show Via USB pre guests so each console has a similar show on, in a failure of the main board, quick patch and grab the iPad and away we go... Next question, would you personally set up a router for each console or one at the desk end?

Mike

Assuming the more sensible choice would be to go for the X32 Rack mount therefore meaning quick access to the menus in a situation, how would people suggest to set this up? ill probably think about having one of the s16 boxes in a rack with the X32 Rackmount, which will always be stage end, run a cat 5 from FOH through the x32 rack mount ( will this cause conflict issues if both have the same show on and should i just have a CAT 5 read to plug in from the S16 and bypass the Rackmount when running from the X32 full desk) then load the show Via USB pre guests so each console has a similar show on, in a failure of the main board, quick patch and grab the iPad and away we go... Next question, would you personally set up a router for each console or one at the desk end?

Mike

how many channels are you running from the stage to the FOH ?
Are you proposing to use a digital snake? If so are you proposing to have 1,2 or 3(for redundancy) S16s?
(if all 32 I think you should be able to now use a single s16 and a rack as a stage box - as mentioned the initial gain would be set at the rack console and you can then switch to trim control to tweak it using the x32 FOH console).

Is it normal behavior that if you use FX 1-4 as an insert you still get audio back on the FX returns? I only see the audio on the meter and hear it on PFL. it's not send to the main, even if LR is activated for that channel. So you don't hear it but it seems to be strange when the fx is used as an insert. I'm running the 2.0 beta.

It would also be useful if you can easily switch off the RTA view. For example with the user buttons. Now you have to go to the RTA page on the meter section and turn the overlay to "off".

It appears that that changing header information allows 1.15 created scenes to be imported. However I would not trust the new firmware to be bug free until out of Beta. There is a thread named X32 V2 Bug Reports that is starting to log various reports of issues.
[h=1][/h]

Is it normal behavior that if you use FX 1-4 as an insert you still get audio back on the FX returns? I only see the audio on the meter and hear it on PFL. it's not send to the main, even if LR is activated for that channel. So you don't hear it but it seems to be strange when the fx is used as an insert. I'm running the 2.0 beta.

It would also be useful if you can easily switch off the RTA view. For example with the user buttons. Now you have to go to the RTA page on the meter section and turn the overlay to "off".
Yes, this is normal behavior for the x32

Re: NAMM

Any word/idea when Behringer might release an updated version of the (pc/mac/linux) remote software? Seems like with the new feature set and issues some are having with saved scenes no longer working, the old control software wouldn't be compatible with the new firmware.

Anyone else surprised the M32 didn't get a touchscreen?
The Pro 2 does not have a touch screen so why would this? Look at the price ($4999 US) and that will tell you why it does not have a touch screen.

And one question Steve Young didn't answered in this video (because nobody asked) is if the network compatibility was tested. In other words, will that be possible to use M32 as FOH connected to X32 at monitors position via AES50 (whether with S16s or using X32 as a stage box). I suspect firmware differences may impose some limits (better not!). May be John Di Nicola or other Behringer or MIDAS people can answer: did anybody actually tested this setup, M32 with X32, especially with different firmware versions.

Firmware differences might possibly prevent you from reliably remote controlling the preamp of another mixer, but the AES50 in itself is not influenced by the firmware version. Only requirement for everything to work is that all units are on the same sampling rate. The M32 is genetically a member of the X32 family (although it is adopted by a relative), and I can not imagine that MG, Midas or Behringer will want to piss off their customers by introducing incompatibilities down the line.
And if yes, will there be a new stage box similar to DL431 (where each physical input feeds three independently-controllable preamps, so the FOH and Monitor engineers can set up their gain independently). Something less fancy than 431, two preamps per input @48K.

If MIDAS is serious about bumping M32 to 96K in the future, it would be nice to have full compatibility with MIDAS Pro stageboxes (251, 351, 431, 451)

I guess that with the introduction of the M32, the stage boxes that are not yet 48K compatible will be so soon. However, the M32/X32 way of doing a split is to separate the HA gain from the input trim of each console, and while this is not the same as having separate preamps, at the level that one would be using the M32, a perfectly acceptable method.
Still, Midas customers will probably want to combine with the PRO series, so one never knows if Midas will yield to the pressure and introduce an update, it would make sense.

The AES50 implementation used by the x32 is actually supermac, this is AES50 with control information on top. The supermac control information is standardised and means that any console that supports supermac with be able to control the preamps on any supermac devices. It is the version of AES50 implemented rather than the firmware/software of the consoles that affects what it can control.

The Pro 2 does not have a touch screen so why would this? Look at the price ($4999 US) and that will tell you why it does not have a touch screen.

The A&H QU16 costs significantly less but still has a touchscreen - they're so ubiquitous these days, I don't think cost is a significant factor. What is significant is that the user interface has to be designed from the ground up to be able to utilise a touchscreen effectively; as the X32 software wasn't designed for that, the M32 is in the same boat.

Re: How to restore desk setup into V2.01 firmware

i just loaded all my show files
[only a dozen+...] on to 2.01b

-with no apparent errors

what i did:

flash desk
reset network settings
connect xedit pc to console
*do not synchronize*
load each scene and save

main caveat: you have to use the desk to save the file on the desk

x-edit cant write to the desk scene save
[remember spinning encoder labeling?...]

obviously if you want to xfer
a hundred scenes or a showfile this is not happening

but if you are like me and have a few generic start scenes
and a few client's shows saved it works if you want to try out the
new stuff on a familiar file

i'l wait on the updated edit program to do the core...

fwiw

Re: New Products/Namm 2014

View attachment 8184

Dear all,

we are currently in the final testing stage of the X32 Dante, Madi and ADAT expansion cards for the upcoming production and shipment later this year.

We are also working on a 32-channel Direct-to-HD recording card for release early next year. More expansion cards are planned and will be announced at a later stage.

Next month, we will also be releasing an update to the KLARK TEKNIK DN9650 to operate with the X32 series. This will allow you to connect the X32 via AES50 to the DN9650 as a bridge to Madi, Dante, A-Net, CobraNet, Digigram Ethersound, and give the X32 external word clock sync. You can use any of these protocols via DN9650 expansion cards AND at the same time the X32's card slot for recording 32x32 to your DAW or as 32 inserts with Waves MultiRack or other low latency “Live Host” applications.

The X32 will also be compatible with the new flexible and affordable line of MIDAS stage boxes announced at WFX this week. They all feature MIDAS XL4 mic preamps and can be stacked in any configuration needed via AES50; all models are $1499 US MAP.
There will be four models, (DL151 = 24 in), (DL152 = 24 out), (DL153 = 16 in x 8 out), and (DL154 = 16 out x 8 in).

As mentioned earlier, the X32 is the heart of a large and continuously growing eco-system; at Namm 2014 we will be showing very exciting new members of the X32 family.

Warm regards

Uli

I have just purchased two Midas DL153's and they do not work with the x32!? All I get i some white noise on all channels. I cant control the gains or the phantom power. I have also tried to update the x32's firmware to v2 but that doesn't solve the problem. I am not 100% sure that the DL153 is set to 48kHz but there is no way of changing the sample rate?? I looks like they are in sync though both on the x32 and on the DL153.
Is there another firmware update coming or is there a trick how to make it work?
Best
Peter Lehmann

Re: How to restore desk setup into V2.01 firmware

i just loaded all my show files
[only a dozen+...] on to 2.01b

-with no apparent errors

what i did:

flash desk
reset network settings
connect xedit pc to console
*do not synchronize*
load each scene and save

main caveat: you have to use the desk to save the file on the desk

x-edit cant write to the desk scene save
[remember spinning encoder labeling?...]

obviously if you want to xfer
a hundred scenes or a showfile this is not happening

but if you are like me and have a few generic start scenes
and a few client's shows saved it works if you want to try out the
new stuff on a familiar file

i'l wait on the updated edit program to do the core...

fwiw

Thanks for that, Mike.
Mick Berg.

Re: Dugan automixer

The easiest way to incorporate it would be to send the Local1-8 etc. (or AES50 if usingS16) to the card in the card tab, then in the home tab, selecting card as input. The Dugan will then be inserted into the path of every input but you sill have processing etc on the X32.
More ideal, I believe, would be if we get the card as insert position in V2, then the automix can be post processing.

Thanks Per.
Apologies for the late acknowledgement.
Mick.