X32 Discussion

Re: Using mono-bus > matrix with FX2 ( inserted )

Will v2 be able to route matrix back to mains, or FX returns independently back to mains or bus ?,
or have even more routing / assigning ?

I dont think this would be a good idea because it will add the possibility to create interal loops too easy. Now the signal flow is simple. Starting with the inputs, the channels, the busses, the matrix an the outputs with some shortcuts. Potential loops are extreme dangerous especially for all those users which are new an unexperienced to digital mixers.

I dont think this would be a good idea because it will add the possibility to create interal loops too easy. Now the signal flow is simple. Starting with the inputs, the channels, the busses, the matrix an the outputs with some shortcuts. Potential loops are extreme dangerous especially for all those users which are new an unexperienced to digital mixers.
We can already create internal feedback loops so one more way is not that big deal.

If they are new and unexperienced they'll learn quickly what not to do ;-) I'd say, do not constrain it for that single reason...

We can already create internal feedback loops so one more way is not that big deal.

If they are new and unexperienced they'll learn quickly what not to do ;-) I'd say, do not constrain it for that single reason...

...Exactly 8)~:cool:~:cool:

Why can't we have channels to matrix ? And matrix to L/R or M/C?

The X32 series are advertised as 25 bus..., not ? :roll:

Klaus

Re: Ducking pre or post?

Per, if you have a moment please verify that my findings are correct. Or anyone else for that matter.

Thanks,
Mick Berg.

X32 Webinars for 2014

Dear All,
We have some exciting new X32 Webinars in the coming weeks. Our first event is “X32 Version 2.0”, is this Thursday at 12PM PST. We will give a comprehensive review of the new feature set of the Version 2.0 firmware, as well as time for a live question and answer period with us. You can sign up and find the most up-to-date information on all of our Webinars at this link: BEHRINGER Webinars - Feb / March 2014

Re: X32 Webinars for 2014

Dear All,
We have some exciting new X32 Webinars in the coming weeks. Our first event is “X32 Version 2.0”, is this Thursday at 12PM PST. We will give a comprehensive review of the new feature set of the Version 2.0 firmware, as well as time for a live question and answer period with us. You can sign up and find the most up-to-date information on all of our Webinars at this link: BEHRINGER Webinars - Feb / March 2014

Is this going to be on the webinar youtube channel ?

Thanks

Klaus

Re: iPad solo listening

Timo--

Of course it can be done, how much are you willing to pay for it? (with thanks to Dr. Studer).

Hello

That is a really good question - honest answer is " I do not Know..." - I suppose that I was just tossing the idea into ballpark for everyone to see - naturally I understand, that nobody works his camel ( or was it an a... ) to get me a free toy, which I may or may not ever use !!!

But with so many other fantastic free updates, that have come since day one - remember I was on frontline getting both X32 and X32R - I felt I could toss the idea. I admit, that even if there were no other updates, than possible bug fixes and drivers for new OS ( WIN9 next year ??? ) I would be perfectly satisfied with what I put my money into - thanks Behringer folks and everybody on this forum, that helped me to make up my mind and get one... !!! THANK YOU ALL

As of Studer - when I was young, I spent my own money to buy first portable stereo reel-to-reel A67VU and next year console model of B67VU - next investment was 10/2 mixer 169 - of course I had ReVox stereo at home... ( I still have ! ) That stuff cost me about four years salary of my daytime job - so I wish NOT to talk about ROI - but I was young and eager and worked a lot outside day job - suppose I made ends meet eventually...

Today I have more Studer-stuff than ever - everything second hand - A80 tape machines - 169 - 962 - D19 - no way I could have brand new 980 in my living room, but as it is, I have one used - my lifelong dream to have BIG Studer console - now I have had it for some years and it is time to let go of it - someone else is going to get his/hers dream come true one of these months...

NO REGRETS on any of this equipment - great stuff Studer - Great stuff Behringer - Great discussions Soundforums.net

Re: Ducking pre or post?

Per, if you have a moment please verify that my findings are correct. Or anyone else for that matter.

Thanks,
Mick Berg.

Yeah, sorry, it was one of the things I was going to check out today, but I got tangled up with the bus send issues and more or less gave up on the whole V2.0 thing.
Part of it is such a mess that it is extremely hard to describe properly, thus one feels that it is a waste of one's time to do bug hunting with the present version.
Maybe I'll have another look.

To expand, it isn't hard to do but to get the latency down to where it might be usable could cost a bunch.

I suppose it wouldn't be beyond the capabilities of the MCU to provide a stream on the LAN, but would one really want to give that stream high enough priority and risk sluggish response from the remote apps?

I use a wireless IEM for this purpose.

Would it be possible, that X32 streams soloed channel via Wifi to iPad - so one could have headphones connected into iPad and listen a solo channel while remotely controlling the mix ?

I’ve toyed around with streaming over WiFi. One problem I had was, when there was a momentary "blip" in the WiFi, the audio will be forever delayed until the connection was cycled.

It’s a concept that should work, but in reality is much more difficult to make reliable.

Could it be made to work? Probably. The technology is there.

That said, right now, a decent wireless IEM would probably be the best solution, IMO.

Eric H.

Last edited:
Re: X32 Discussion stereo EQ presets

Hi all, I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked.
With the new v2.0 release, is it now possible to save a single 31 band EQ curve, and recall same, without being forced to save and recall it as a stereo pair? Until now, one could only save both sides of a dual 31 band EQ, without the ability to only recall or save it without overwriting whatever curve is on the other side of the pair. I don't use stereo curves on my monitor sends, I use 8 individual curves for different mixes. I only use stereo curves on the mains. I have found this shortcoming to be extremely annoying and inconvenient.
Thanks for the help.

New scene system in 2.0

Although I don't do many shows with scenes, I'd like to understand the new scene system, with its snippets, in V2.0. I have been fooling with it but not getting far. I'm not understanding what a snippet actually consists of.

Are there any tutorials out there? Or does anyone feel like writing one?

Thanks,
Mick Berg.

Re: New scene system in 2.0

A quick question for those playing around with V2 - have they sorted the mute group behaviour yet? i.e. added an option where a channel mute will always override a mute group, rather than the current version where a mute group always takes priority?

This is the single biggest PITA for me using an X-32.

Re: New scene system in 2.0

Forgive me for my laziness, but a question arises. I want to route the aux in 3&4 inputs to channel 13 & 14, & the aux 5&6 inputs to Channels 15 & 16. How might I accomplish this?