X32 Discussion

Re: Using Waves Dugan with X-32

Is it possible to set the Direct Out of a channel to Post-Fader, and then route it to Card Out, so that it goes to the Waves Dugan plug-in Post-Fader? I'm not seeing how. That is surely what is needed, in order to use the Dugan in post-fader mode. How you get the Dugan signal back into the board is irrelevant if you can't do that.

Mick Berg.

Try channel Direct Out ( post-fader, yes its possible ) to P16 Out, P16 to Card Out.

Uwe

Re: X32 wiki

Dear Dan,

Great to hear your feedback on the X32 WIKI. Thanks for taking the time, we will implement your suggestions.
We are putting together a short instruction PDF for those willing to help with this project. We have an update we are implementing which will also make editing easier.

Thanks again, the X32 WIKI will be a great "living document" users can contribute to going forward.

Try channel Direct Out ( post-fader, yes its possible ) to P16 Out, P16 to Card Out.

Uwe

OK, thanks.
Unfortunately my demo period with Waves has run out, so I cant try this out, but I guess I could use Reaper to check the basic concept.
Mick Berg.

Re: X32 Discussion

Hi guys, from August 2012 I'm the happy owner of a Behringer X32... Great So far!! I have 2 questions:
First, has anyone seen any damage to the paint of the mixer as in the attached picture?? if so Any ideas to paint it without damaging the faders...
And Second, my mute groups are activating by themselves ( sticking) so like a live on Dominican Republic with no service center here and because I do have the expertise ( I changed de x32 lcd screen sent to me by Uli himself because it was damaged bringing it from USA a couple days after I bought the x32 on 2012 and after that never have a problem at church with it until now) if anyone from behringer can PM with info on how to fix those mute groups buttons I will appreciate all the help!!
Thanks for a wonderful product, I bought 2 S16 for church and they are great!!waiting for the official release of 2.0 firmware

!photo.jpg

Dear Jorge,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues. What you are sharing, such as the mute groups, is something experienced in earlier X32 console versions. If you send an email to [email protected] with these details, they will be able to assist you. Please let me know how else I may be able to help.

Hi guys, from August 2012 I'm the happy owner of a Behringer X32... Great So far!! I have 2 questions:
First, has anyone seen any damage to the paint of the mixer as in the attached picture?? if so Any ideas to paint it without damaging the faders...
And Second, my mute groups are activating by themselves ( sticking) so like a live on Dominican Republic with no service center here and because I do have the expertise ( I changed de x32 lcd screen sent to me by Uli himself because it was damaged bringing it from USA a couple days after I bought the x32 on 2012 and after that never have a problem at church with it until now) if anyone from behringer can PM with info on how to fix those mute groups buttons I will appreciate all the help!!
Thanks for a wonderful product, I bought 2 S16 for church and they are great!!waiting for the official release of 2.0 firmware

!View attachment 9497

Yes, I am having the same problem with my mixer, not as bad as your but still troubling..

Yes, I am having the same problem with my mixer, not as bad as your but still troubling..

We have an X32 from an early production run, and haven't had any problems with the finish in that area.

It's seen the back of a truck several times, but never in extreme cold or heat. Spends almost all of its time in a climate controlled room.

Eric H.

I noticed after removing artist tape (console tape) from the wrap around area below the faders that paint came up with the tape. From the area directly below the faders (a different paint and/or material) there was no such problem. I have not yet figured out what to do about it.
In a festival situation with quick change overs I will often use board tape when getting the patch called out to me from a stage hand because I can scrawl on that quicker than type in the scribble strip. I then will transfer to the scribble strip when the artist settles into their set.

Re: X32 Warranty Warning

It may be that the 3 Year Warranty offered by The Music Group tips the balance in deciding to buy the x32. BE WARNED - Read the small print !!!
In my naivety I assumed that in extending their one year limited warranty to three years, I would have the same cover for all three years as I had in the 1st year. WRONG !!!
Maybe I can be forgiven for this belief after reading of the millions spent on new factories, and to quote from their blurb: “As a result, we have one of the lowest product failure rates in the industry, and we confidently back it up with a generous 3-Year Warranty program.”
It seemed that they believed and so did I.
Maybe I shouldn’t complain as it’s all there written in the terms and conditions - Section 4. Warranty Limitations and Exclusions
I’ll not write it out here but in layman’s terms it’s more or less this:

As you look at your beloved x32 you see an impressive 7” screen, LCD scribble strips and meters, 25 faders, 27 encoders and knobs, 155 switches and various sockets totalling 88. As you would expect all of this is covered by the one year Limited Warranty. BUT,and this is where it gets really interesting. BUT, NONE of these things are covered in the second and third year of the warranty. Or to put it another way, nothing you can see is covered.
I went with the dream but then woke up. Was it nothing more than a marketing ploy?
Fair enough there’s bound to be something that’s covered but I just feel deflated and let down. I wanted it to be a success in all area’s (and still do).
Ah well, another one of life’s little disappointments.:(~:-(~:sad:

...Maybe I shouldn’t complain as it’s all there written in the terms and conditions - Section 4. Warranty Limitations and Exclusions
I’ll not write it out here but in layman’s terms it’s more or less this:

As you look at your beloved x32 you see an impressive 7” screen, LCD scribble strips and meters, 25 faders, 27 encoders and knobs, 155 switches and various sockets totalling 88. As you would expect all of this is covered by the one year Limited Warranty. BUT,and this is where it gets really interesting. BUT, NONE of these things are covered in the second and third year of the warranty. Or to put it another way, nothing you can see is covered....

Okay, I'll bite.

Here's the actual text:

4.3 Where applicable, MUSIC Group warrants the following items contained in or with the product to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from date of purchase:​

• [*=1]Digital Displays / LCDs
    [*=1]Meters
    [*=1]Switches / Sensors
    [*=1]VRS / Potentiometers
    [*=1]Loudspeaker drivers or diaphragm assemblies
    [*=1]All faders including cross-faders and motorized faders
    [*=1]Any mechanical component that may be affected by externally applied force
If upon inspection by a MUSIC Group Service Depot or its authorized agent, drivers or diaphragm assemblies are found to have burnt voice coils as a result of over / under driving, or due to a surge from a power amplifier, they will be excluded from warranty coverage.​

Wouldn't the act of changing the warranty from 1 year to 3 years update this section from the stated 1 year before warranty extension to 3 years total after warranty extension?

Did someone at Behringer Service tell you that what you are saying is the deal, and not what I'm assuming is true? I'm not a lawyer, are you?

Signed,
Confused

You will also notice that they also do not honor transfer of warranty. Meaning if you purchase a used unit, even if it's only a week old, the warranty immediately expires.

Their generous 3 year warranty 'program' as they have it listed on the website does a good job of not disclosing the fact that the warranty is not complete coverage, especially when the items most likely to fail are excluded from the program.

I guess that's how you keep prices low.

You will also notice that they also do not honor transfer of warranty. Meaning if you purchase a used unit, even if it's only a week old, the warranty immediately expires.

Their generous 3 year warranty 'program' as they have it listed on the website does a good job of not disclosing the fact that the warranty is not complete coverage, especially when the items most likely to fail are excluded from the program.

I guess that's how you keep prices low.
I thought this as well, but then again, it would be quite normal to find that the warranty marketing over states the reality.

GM says that they have a 100,000 powertrain warranty. What they don't say is that today, pretty much anything that isn't a big piece of metal is no longer covered beyond the bumper to bumper 36,000 miles..... so Behringer is most surely not alone.

This was one of the reasons I went with the X32 Rack. The faders are covered for the life of the product ;)

Mine has a white spot on the side. I don't mind. Like my motorbikes it's not a shame when you can see equipment is used. X32 is not to look at, but to listen to.

Mine is also showing some paint damage in that area, and it seems the paint doesn't stick that well.

Not not a huge issue, I'll cover with plasti-dip or gaffa if it gets too bad. But with that being a high-impact area, I would have thought better paint may have been used.

I'm pretty sure that there is no post-fader insert on the A&H GL or Yamaha MG series, and I think the same goes for the A&H ML-series and Yamaha PM series, although you can use inserts on groups and matrixes, and if you have enough of them, you can do it that way.
There might be analog stuff out there that actually have post-fader inserts, but I can't think of any mixer I've come across that has it without some internal reworking.
I assume that most cases where post fader equipment is inserted, one uses the direct out in post-fader mode if that's available, and sum the returns somewhere else.

I could be wrong of course.

Edit:
When you say "All analog mixer manuals I have seen have them.", you are referring to flow diagrams, not post fader inserts?

Yes, flow diagrams. They will tell you what the choices, if any, are for inserts.
And, yes, I could have been clearer.

Sent from my iPad HD

Okay, I'll bite.

Here's the actual text:

4.3 Where applicable, MUSIC Group warrants the following items contained in or with the product to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from date of purchase:​

• [*=1]Digital Displays / LCDs
    [*=1]Meters
    [*=1]Switches / Sensors
    [*=1]VRS / Potentiometers
    [*=1]Loudspeaker drivers or diaphragm assemblies
    [*=1]All faders including cross-faders and motorized faders
    [*=1]Any mechanical component that may be affected by externally applied force
If upon inspection by a MUSIC Group Service Depot or its authorized agent, drivers or diaphragm assemblies are found to have burnt voice coils as a result of over / under driving, or due to a surge from a power amplifier, they will be excluded from warranty coverage.​

Wouldn't the act of changing the warranty from 1 year to 3 years update this section from the stated 1 year before warranty extension to 3 years total after warranty extension?

Did someone at Behringer Service tell you that what you are saying is the deal, and not what I'm assuming is true? I'm not a lawyer, are you?

Signed,
Confused
Yes I thought the same as you. I had a faulty encoder. The desk is over one year old and the reply from [email protected] was:
"Unfortunately, the purchase date of your equipment indicated in the information you have supplied to us shows that the encoders are no longer covered under the limited warranty terms. These parts are only covered for one year from the date of purchase therefore we will not be able to cover diagnosis and repair of this unit under the terms of the manufacturer's warranty. However, we do appreciate you as a customer and are here to assist should you have any questions or concerns. Listed below you will find your nearest factory authorized service center:"
They did offer to fix it at a cost.
As I had registered the desk and was therefore eligible for the 3 year extension, I did query this and was asked to read section 4.3 (as above).

So the question is: I just got 2 new x32's for our church. They have 1.15 FW in them. Since we haven't programmed anything and we are starting out from scratch would you install the 2.0 BETA FW now to get the jump on the new layout and functions?

I thought that an encoder would be, " Any mechanical component that may be affected by externally applied force ".