X32 Discussion

No more firewire

Just found out that Behringer is not shipping the USB/firewire combo cards in their consoles anymore. I am baffled because I just bought 3 x32's. Two of them looked identical and had the USB ONLY card in there. The third had some visual differences (reverse highlight paint around the DAW Remote button etc) from the other consoles and had a combo card. I called the retailed I bought them from and they told me that if I want that combo card I should snatch up one soon ($70). Once stock is gone they are discontinuing them.

Re: No more firewire

Just found out that Behringer is not shipping the USB/firewire combo cards in their consoles anymore. I am baffled because I just bought 3 x32's. Two of them looked identical and had the USB ONLY card in there. The third had some visual differences (reverse highlight paint around the DAW Remote button etc) from the other consoles and had a combo card. I called the retailed I bought them from and they told me that if I want that combo card I should snatch up one soon ($70). Once stock is gone they are discontinuing them.

$70 ?????? Sure about that? That price is an absolute steal, price in Europe is $499 or thereabouts

DAW Remote with FW 2.2

HI All,

Can someone please confirm they have Remote DAW control with FW 2.2?

I cannot seem to get it working... FW 2.2, Cubase 7.5 64, Win 7..
Is there something changed as it used to work fine?

Thanks
Pauly

Re: DAW Remote with FW 2.2

HI All,

Can someone please confirm they have Remote DAW control with FW 2.2?

I cannot seem to get it working... FW 2.2, Cubase 7.5 64, Win 7..
Is there something changed as it used to work fine?

Thanks
Pauly
Fw is v2.02, not v2.2.

Remote daw works for me...

You need to check your midi settings. They were probably reset when you upgraded.

Thanks Robert,

Would you mind sharing your MIDI settings please?

Thanks
Under setup-remote I have 'remote button' enabled, protocol 'mackie ctrl' and interface 'card midi' (I'm assuming that you're not using the actual hardware midi inteface on your x32).

The midi control options on the right side is for controlling the x32 externally. Turn them off or make sure you don't get a midi-loop by misstake.

By the way. Here is an interesting note that I got from Jan:
When SoF is lighting permanently in DAW Remote mode, that refers to the quasi-touch sensitive faders when writing automation. You know that the group layer buttons are used for assigning specific Mackie Control functions to the MUTE buttons.In DAW Remote Mode:
> Matrix/Main C Layer (latching) offers transport functions
> Bus 9-16 layer (latching) offers DAW track Mutes
> Bus 1-8 layer (non-latching) allows setting DAW tracks 'record ready'
> Group DCA1-8 layer (non-latching) allows navigation of bank or channel shifts
> SoF button (latching) offers touch-sensitive switch from read to write automation

The new Fader information is tx/rx on MIDI CH01, Status 176 (xB0), CC# 0...79, 0/95/127. E.g. the Matrix faders have numbers #64-69 (x40...x45), Main C is #71 (x47). See 2.01-2.02 release notes for a rough reference. It sure should be uploaded to the wiki asap.

Re: "Next To Normal" opens tonight

So if this is pre room eq, it sounds like you have done a very good job eqing the individual mics.

Thank you, sir. I was pleasantly surprised too... :)

Countryman B6s for the family, MM-PSM-Ls for the boyfriend and doctor(s), all on the cheek 1" from the mouth, taped on with Transpore, and Sennheiser G3 systems.

(PS program scenes so you cant push up the wrong mic :))

I have never got my head around the scene system on the X32. With only six mics, I prefer to do it manually. I've made a new mistake every night this week, though. Hopefully that's all of them, and from tonight (real opening) it'll be perfect! :)

Cool thank for that! I'll try to have a look at that this evening and will let you know- also thanks for the other info. Who knew? ;-)

Pauly

Under setup-remote I have 'remote button' enabled, protocol 'mackie ctrl' and interface 'card midi' (I'm assuming that you're not using the actual hardware midi inteface on your x32).

The midi control options on the right side is for controlling the x32 externally. Turn them off or make sure you don't get a midi-loop by misstake.

Cool thank for that! I'll try to have a look at that this evening and will let you know- also thanks for the other info. Who knew? ;-)

Pauly

you can also set assingn buttons to control transport and Daw navigation - works even when the right bank of Faders not in remote mode..

Hi again Robert,

Thanks a heap - That was it .... The remote button was disabled - Interesting that I stared at that screen for a while and missed it .... Hope it's not a sign of things to come! :)

Anyway - once again this forum (and you sir) rocks!

Pauly

Re: No more firewire

I am reaching out to Vince at Allprosound to make sure I didnt' mishear him. I sent an email. I swear that is what I heard him say on the phone... but maybe he's hooking me up since I just bought 40000 of sound equipment from him.

Thank you, sir. I was pleasantly surprised too... :)

Countryman B6s for the family, MM-PSM-Ls for the boyfriend and doctor(s), all on the cheek 1" from the mouth, taped on with Transpore, and Sennheiser G3 systems.

I have never got my head around the scene system on the X32. With only six mics, I prefer to do it manually. I've made a new mistake every night this week, though. Hopefully that's all of them, and from tonight (real opening) it'll be perfect! :)

I am surprised you are using an omni in a theatre setting. Multiple mics open in close proximity ususally causes feeback. I much prefer directional headworn.

Regarding scenes... That's the whole idea - avoid those mistakes. Humans = error.

I am surprised you are using an omni in a theatre setting. Multiple mics open in close proximity ususally causes feeback. I much prefer directional headworn.

Regarding scenes... That's the whole idea - avoid those mistakes. Humans = error.

Omni capsules are very much the norm for theatre, especially since you're generally not after rock concert levels of GBF. Cardiod patterns aren't especially useful in a theatre anyway, because actors obviously walk around the stage, and the back of the capsule isn't necessarily pointed where you want it.

Really? I was always led to believe that directional mics were bad in that context. I've only ever used omnis (B6s, B3s, PSM-Ls, MKE2s). I usually put them in the hairline or further back over the ear, but I put them closer for this show as it's a loud one in a fairly small hard-walled room. Still no feedback until it's REALLY loud, though.

I know... I'm just usually dealing with community/kids theatre where you have to be ready for the actors to not necessarily always do exactly what's in the script, and so having it all automated would be a liability. Also, until I got my X32 I've never had a mixer with a proper scene system anyway, so I didn't have the choice. For slower-moving shows where more open mics are tolerable, I have regularly mixed up to 12-14 manually. This one I'm mixing line by line because of the volume and to avoid comb filtering.

Of course, last night I managed to accidentally duck possibly the most important line in the show (for those that know the show, the reveal by Natalie in the birthday-cake scene) which earned me a glare from the director, but I think she's already forgiven me and people at the back told me they heard it anyway! :)

No Master Faser in V2.02

Today I found that the master fader was having no effect in V2.02. The mute button worked.. I went back to V1.15 and all was fine. Is there some new option in V2 that effectively disables the master fader, that I have missed?

Thanks,
Mick Berg.