X32 Discussion

Re: Warning: Major Censorship on Behringer Forums

Joe, I can't speak for Jason but I want my X32 to cook breakfast and give shoulder/neck massages. Can we get that in V3? 8)~:cool:~:cool:

Gray market is a problem for all manufacturers, and you guys have to back up your global distributors. Ebay is awash in gray market goods and outright counterfeits and I'm sure the Amazon merchant program has its problem children, too. It's always wise for buyers to ask about a dealer's status and verify it with the manufacturer or importer/distributor.

Most X32s in North America are still under 3-year warranty. I bought mine used, about a year old, from a small soundco (that upgraded to SC48 to meet the riders). I had no problem getting a duplicate of original sales receipt from a dealer where they bought it from (also local). Should be no problem for a warranty claim if I need a service (works flawlessly so far).

As for peeling stickers, watch for temperature: metal left under bright summer sun gets hot like in oven, any sticker could peel off.

I would agree with Han. Any reputable dealer would help you get what you need from a product you bought from them. Tell us the Sweetwater story? Why didn't they help you and at least swap the console out for one with a serial number? There's something very smelly about this.

It's because the guy previously came at Behringer with a lawyer. The guy's not rational, customer support can't work with you if your answer to everything is nuclear warfare.

Jason - you're hardly behaving in a manner that would encourage any manufacturer or retailer to respond positively. I find it amazing you are slating the manufacturer. If your product does not have the correct ID information, then the obvious conclusion is that something is wrong - not with Behringer, but with whoever you bought it from. If you bought from Sweetwater, why then lambast Behringer - talk to who you bought from, which is also the person (at least it would be in the UK) who you have a contract and legal redress links. The other conclusion of course is your product is hot. With IDs now having barcodes and traceability, the lack of one is very worrying.

For what it's worth, I find the response from Joe (who helped me with a query over a year ago, when he didn't have to, being in a different country) very measured and thought through. Your answer simply barks at the person you wanted to help. If somebody spoke to me in person like you did on here, there is no way I'd be able to answer. Behringer won't let their people tell you to stuff it, which frankly, is what you deserve for posting negative rubbish over the net when your beef was with two dealers - NOT - the manufacturer. It was unnecessary and rather childish. I for one appreciate the way Behringer started their public face on the net, and your attitude might tarnish the good work and happy customers - one of which is me!

The only person looking bad is you.

I'm sure Jay has been adequately lectured guys. I'm also sure that Mr. Sanborn and Behringer are quite capable of defending themselves without the 'ringer army showing up for the fight.

I'm sure Jay has been adequately lectured guys. I'm also sure that Mr. Sanborn and Behringer are quite capable of defending themselves without the 'ringer army showing up for the fight.

I do think everything that needs to be said on the matter has been said. However, on your last point, I think it's important for customers to speak up occasionally, because if it's just a company trying to defend a position, it doesn't look good. Makes 'em look like politicians.

Moving on........

Would be handy I think to utilise the spare channel on the matrix page (matrix 1-6/main c) to be used for master fader if you change the master fader to solo. I frequently change this to avoid any inadvertent changing (especially when training others).

Just a a feature thought!

Uh oh!

Hello All,

It looks like we had an issue with one of our peps using accounts and creating accounts using my name (He was from a local university). It looks like from the tone of the e-mails I read to QSC, Behringer and Mackie that He was trying to force them to give him free loot or he would start flaming them. We have changed the passwords to all these accounts so no one else can access them now however we are still deciding what we can do to get ride of the bad PR for us.

Thanks,
Jason Finnigan
CMM Productions

Re: Uh oh!

Hello All,

It looks like we had an issue with one of our peps using accounts and creating accounts using my name (He was from a local university). It looks like from the tone of the e-mails I read to QSC, Behringer and Mackie that He was trying to force them to give him free loot or he would start flaming them. We have changed the passwords to all these accounts so no one else can access them now however we are still deciding what we can do to get ride of the bad PR for us.

Thanks,
Jason Finnigan
CMM Productions

WOW, this is lousy! If you are indeed the real Jason and those other posts weren't from you, I'm very sad to hear that your reputation has been unjustifiably besmirched as fully as it has been.

I hope you are pursuing this louse legally; it seems like in our modern age there is likely little penalty for behaving like this, but maybe someone was bullied enough to provide him with something and that will increase the seriousness of this to the point where law enforcement can get involved. That seems like a weird thing to hope for, because that means someone is out of pocket, so I'm not hoping too hard.

This should be another lesson for us in this internet age that people on the other end of a conversation aren't necessarily who they seem. Identity theft.

Re: X32 Discussion

Hi All,

Just got this question from a client and since I know almost nothing about the recording part of the console, am asking you:

"Do you know if i can play audio through the x32 card and record that audio back into my computer through the card at the same time?"

Thanks,
Dan

"Do you know if i can play audio through the x32 card and record that audio back into my computer through the card at the same time?"

I just did exactly this. Sound FX for a musical played from QLab into Aux 1/2 (inputs: Card 1/2) over FireWire from a MacBook Pro, and then sent back to the computer by routing Aux 1/2 to two of the P16 outputs, and then P16 outputs to the Card Outputs. I recorded 22 tracks, a mixture of direct channel ins, direct aux ins, FX returns, channel post-faders, and Main LR (for safety, and to get it in 24-bit), all in sync using Reaper on the same computer. Worked perfectly and no glitches.

I just did exactly this. Sound FX for a musical played from QLab into Aux 1/2 (inputs: Card 1/2) over FireWire from a MacBook Pro, and then sent back to the computer by routing Aux 1/2 to two of the P16 outputs, and then P16 outputs to the Card Outputs. I recorded 22 tracks, a mixture of direct channel ins, direct aux ins, FX returns, channel post-faders, and Main LR (for safety, and to get it in 24-bit), all in sync using Reaper on the same computer. Worked perfectly and no glitches.

Thanks, Simon, I've passed this on to the client.

What a great forum this is!

Thanks again,
Dan

V 2.04 Effects

Hi

Saw somewhere someone was posting a chart with V2 effects (including the old ones) - what was new and what would run on first 4 slots ... Layout like a spreadsheet

Anybody knows the link ??