X32 Discussion

Re: Possible to SAVE only sections of a Scene? (forgive laziness)

Thanks, Tim. I found the sub-thread ("Cues and Scenes") between Dan and Jan Duwe, and it makes sense.

My hope was that each parameter would remember where it came from, so that when you saved, it would update either the Scene or the Snippet file, but in retrospect this seems unreasonable! :)

I guess I need to maintain a master Scene for everything, but then save out Snippets for the relevant vocal channel bits (set the filters on the Snippets page to "Preamp(HA)", "Config" and "EQ", and Channels 1-12) for each the four combinations, and then remember to re-save over the same corresponding Snippet (one of four) after refining one of them. Then I can make four Cues, each containing the shared master Scene, and the appropriate Snippet. Or just set the recall mode to Snippet and just recall the Snippets.

Screen-cap from X32-Edit v2.0 for saving the Snippets. I'll try to do it for real this evening on the console.

View attachment 10033

May I ask , how to save assignements, or channelsources ?
( to be able to overlay / load onto scenes )

Thanks

Klaus

Re: Safe Recall Bug in 2.04?

Now I tried to reupgrade to 2.04 and the gain safe recall bug seems to be gone.
The problem with my customers desk seems to be that because he´s remoting the desk with a MIDI pedal and when we did the upgrade and some other changes I couldn´t the MIDI working like I wanted so I put the first scene on place 0 and now I know that scene O overides any safe recall.

Recalling snippets with MIDI.

I want to recall snippets with MIDI but no matter what I do MIDI PC only change scenes.
I tried to change the Showcontrol settings in Global.

Any ideas??

Regards G

Now I tried to reupgrade to 2.04 and the gain safe recall bug seems to be gone.

I have a feeling that these "bugs" some of us are seeing are happening the first time the firmware is loaded, but once it "fixes itself", it no longer presents.My issues with the RTA not being displayed and the tap tempo button not working have been working fine. Even if I reinitialize.

Another strange issue that I've seen, is that my "forward or previous" scene recall doesn't work at all. I can only change scenes using the rotary encoders. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a new option I'm not aware of? One that disables that function?

Another strange issue that I've seen, is that my "forward or previous" scene recall doesn't work at all. I can only change scenes using the rotary encoders. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a new option I'm not aware of? One that disables that function?
I think these buttons now only apply to Cues - at least that's what I'm assuming. Haven't played with the new scene/cue/snippets yet.

Peter

Sent from my iPhone

Can you verify that your show control mode is set to "scenes"? I believe those settings are set on the "setup...home" tab. New to V2.x are cues and snippets each of which can be your preferred method of show control. The default is cues. IIRC the show control option determines what the next, previous, go buttons reference as well as the name of the configuration shown at the top of the display.

Can you verify that your show control mode is set to "scenes"? I believe those settings are set on the "setup...home" tab. New to V2.x are cues and snippets each of which can be your preferred method of show control. The default is cues. IIRC the show control option determines what the next, previous, go buttons reference as well as the name of the configuration shown at the top of the display.

Ah, hadn't seen that option. Need to watch the Scene Management webinar tomorrow night!

Sent from my iPhone

Re: FX1 keeps going mental

Bingo!

Right, have a look at these two files:

http://www.oakworthmethodists.org/Resources/X32/FX_Bug.zip (the show file)
http://www.oakworthmethodists.org/Resources/X32/X32_FX1_VintageRoom.wmv

Scene 90 of the Show File is my current setup.

The PC is playing through Aux 1/2, routed to Busses 1, 7 and 9.
Bus 9 is the source for both FX1 and FX2.

The video shows the issue occurring, then me showing all the routing and FX options I could think of that effected it - you will see part way through that the issue disappears just as I move away from the FX layer, but it reoccurred again 2 minutes after finishing the video, without me touching a thing.

As you will see, the issue occurs on FX1 but not FX2, despite both being configured/routed identically (I think...).

This happened about 25 minutes after I turned on the desk, and 15 minutes after I'd set the routing up exactly like that.

Peter

Can anyone else reproduce this issue using my show file on their desk before I talk to the CARE team?

You don't need anything actually going into FX1, just route a random channel through the bus. Set your meters screen to Aux/FX and you'll see FX1 spiking randomly, but maybe not straight away.

Peter

Sent from my iPhone

I think these buttons now only apply to Cues - at least that's what I'm assuming. Haven't played with the new scene/cue/snippets yet.

The next/prev buttons worked fine for me last night when I implemented my conclusions from my other thread. They step through the list of either Cues, Scenes, or Snippets, depending what mode you have set. The candidate "next" item name comes up at the top of the screen, and the GO button works as expected to bring that item in (with the optional confirmation dialog).

May I ask, how to save assignements, or channelsources? (to be able to overlay / load onto scenes)

I set the Snippet filter to just the bits I wanted (Headamp, Config, EQ) and enabled it for my vocal channels (1-12) and then saved the Snippet. I then made four Cues, each of which loads the same master Scene (00) and the appropriate Snippet.

However, after then making changes elsewhere (routing and Matrix EQ), and forgetting to resave the master Scene, I then recalled a Cue to show my colleague, and lost those changes. After that I decided to just use Snippet recall and leave the rest live. At least while I'm still setting up. I might switch back once the dust settles.

Re: Recalling snippets with MIDI.

I want to recall snippets with MIDI but no matter what I do MIDI PC only change scenes.
I tried to change the Showcontrol settings in Global.

Any ideas??

Regards G

You need to transmit on Ch. 2 instead of Ch. 1.

Ch.1 = Scenes, as it was on FW 1.x
Ch.2 = Snippets
Ch.3 = Cues

Some FX that are suitable for insert use (such as the Combinator) cannot be loaded into racks 5-8 (that can be used only for insert FX). One should not have to give up a parallel reverb in racks 1-4 to be able to use an FX as an insert! WTF?

Some FX that are suitable for insert use (such as the Combinator) cannot be loaded into racks 5-8 (that can be used only for insert FX). One should not have to give up a parallel reverb in racks 1-4 to be able to use an FX as an insert! WTF?

The first four FX slots aren't reserved only for sidechannel, they're also reserved for FX that require more processing power from the CPU/DSP.

I watched the Webinar yesterday, and it confirmed the basics of what I had worked out for myself, so thanks for that. Unfortunately, the standalone GoToWebinar viewer app that ended up on my PC didn't seem to have any chat functionality to ask questions, so I couldn't, so here I am... :)

Could somebody please clarify the expected behaviour for Snippets in terms of how the "which bits to save" toggles and the Snippet name are expected to behave as you load and re-save and move between Snippets.

Also, clarification of exactly which parameters fall under the "config" toggle?

I tried to use Snippets last night to store FOUR sets of gains, labels, and EQs (JUST those and nothing else) for my show (two casts, most mics shared by two people) and managed to get myself in a pickle a couple of times and either didn't save the right thing (because the toggles changed as I moved to a different Snippet slot) or I ended up overwriting one Snippet with the name from another one (ending up with two with the same name), or trying to recall JUST the "config" section but having gains change too (maybe I dreamed up the last one, but I certainly lost some of my gains unexpectedly at one point and had to re-do them).

I want to use them so that I can have an underlying constant (but still tweakable and re-saveable) single scene for the rest of the config (non-vocal channels, monitors, matrices etc.) but easily tweak EACH set of vocal settings individually and re-save them individually under a consistent Snippet name, so that once everything's tweaked for all four, I can just recall Snippets through the show without anything else changing.

Thanks in advance!

I think it would be better to teach you how to fish rather than give you fish plus I can't exactly answer your permutation of a question which generically others can learn from. I recommend you download the OSC implementation file. That will more or less teach you how to read snippet and scene files. Then make a few snippets , export them to a text file and you will be able to see precisely what was saved in a snippet or scene. If you find that there are parameters being changed that you don't want you can always delete those afterward in the event that you cannot find a combination of buttons to hit only what you want.

BTW, my expectation is that the config settings are every parameter for a channel that has the word "config" in the path. You should be able to verify this.

I think it would be better to teach you how to fish rather than give you fish...

Good point. I'll look in there. I don't really want to have to export to file, move to computer, edit, and put back, but obviously that would be the ultimate solution. Problem is not WHAT to recall, but that I'm still tweaking the values and need to keep re-saving, and I'm not convinced that the save behaviour is consistent (or at least not convinced that it's intuitive!)

This is why I already made my own QLab/OSC/Python solution last summer for automating mutes, labels, and DCA assignments. The Snippets and Cues thing is a big step forward in flexibility, but it still takes way too many risky button-presses to maintain the right data in the right place, especially if it's still in flux. Such is the nature of complex dedicated UIs.

My expectation is that the config settings are every parameter for a channel that has the word "config" in the path. You should be able to verify this.

In other words, Name, Icon, Color and Source. That makes sense. I must have done something else to muck up my gains. Oh well. Serves me right for not experimenting with this way BEFORE Tech Week... ;)