X32 Discussion

Re: Interesting bug in 2.04.

and we are perfectly decided ensuring the X32 will not suffer from over-engineered featuritis, one day..
:)~:)~:smile: :razz:

Hence, we applied 2 improvements to the function. First we introduced a sanity-check for measured tap times. Everything inside a +/-10% window will be counted into the running average. Moderate tempo changes will moderately be followed. Anything outside that window will start a new sequence, allowing to follow dramatic tempo changes quasi-immediately. The other improvement has to do with synchronizing the flashing LED with the tap moment, which intutively reassures the user that his "tap command" was "understood" correctly. So, the flashing light is on the down-beat now.
:thumbup: The light feels a lot better, a definitive improvement as it is (much) easier to read if the tap was in perfect time.
It seems a bit weird though that the sync of the light is on the downbeat/depression, and the timing of the interval is still on the upbeat/release. Not a problem if one is aware, but it does in a way make it more counter intuitive. I found that it really works well on a downbeat depression upbeat release and a downbeat/upbeat depression with backbeat release, but gets tougher when doing quarter beats.
Good tip earlier about the factor setting, allowing a leisurely downbeat-upbeat press and release and still achieving the quarter beat delay time.
Still, why not just give in and sync the time to the depression?

Overall, good work, me like :thumbup:

Re: X32 Discussion

Hi again Per,

Well... there's very little to go on isn't there!

Ok - Here come the questions....

I'd like to create a snippet that loads the truegraphic eq into effect slot 8, sets it's levels appropriately, chooses the correct analog outs (for the monitors I'm using) and.. ummm I think that's it for now.

What would the syntax for that be?

Thanks Thanks as always thanks.
Pauly

Unfortunately, the answer to that question is "In my head", so you just have to keep bothering me :razz:

I think this is about all there is: http://x32wiki.music-group.com/index.php?title=V2.0_Firmware:_Scene/Snippet/Cue_Management

Re: Firmware 2.05

This link doesn't work for rme - the others do.

I think that link has now been pulled and takes you to the Behringer home page - but new versions do not show (for me) on the downloads page yet.

Looking at v2.05 and updated xedit - a few minor bugs are there - perhaps they are going to tweak things and release a v2.06.

Just updated X 32 Rack....iPad app....Auxes,FX, Busses, Mtx-Main....faders are all grayed out and not functioning.

I apologize, John and Per and others,
my mistake posting the wrong url and not testing the ftp uploads before.

Please find the corrected download links below, and ONLY use these files, which will officially be linked from behringer.com as soon as the content server allows. That should solve your iPad issue, John. Sorry for any inconvenience.

To Per,
please note that the tap function actually responds to button-down, rather than release, for measuring the time. So, it is consistent with the flashing LED. I intensively tried small and radical tempo changes, and the new tap-routine with plausibility check seems to follow easily whatever I do. Let me know it feels more intuitive and reassuring for you as well. Happy tapping, everybody :D~:-D~:grin:

X32 Firmware 2.05: www.behringerdownload.de/X32/X32_Firmware_2.05.zip
Release notes 2.05 PDF: http://www.behringerdownload.de/X32/X32_Firmware_Update_V2.05_2014-05-27_Rev.1.pdf
X32-Edit PC: www.behringerdownload.de/X32/X32-Edit_V2.1_PC.zip
X32-Edit MAC: www.behringerdownload.de/X32/X32-Edit_V2.1_MAC.zip
X32-Edit Linux: www.behringerdownload.de/X32/X32-Edit_V2.1_LINUX.tar.gz

I apologize, John and Per and others,
my mistake posting the wrong url and not testing the ftp uploads before.

Please find the corrected download links below, and ONLY use these files, which will officially be linked from behringer.com as soon as the content server allows. That should solve your iPad issue, John. Sorry for any inconvenience.

To Per,
please note that the tap function actually responds to button-down, rather than release, for measuring the time. So, it is consistent with the flashing LED. I intensively tried small and radical tempo changes, and the new tap-routine with plausibility check seems to follow easily whatever I do. Let me know it feels more intuitive and reassuring for you as well. Happy tapping, everybody :D~:-D~:grin:

X32 Firmware 2.05: www.behringerdownload.de/X32/X32_Firmware_2.05.zip
Release notes 2.05 PDF: http://www.behringerdownload.de/X32/X32_Firmware_Update_V2.05_2014-05-27_Rev.1.pdf
X32-Edit PC: www.behringerdownload.de/X32/X32-Edit_V2.1_PC.zip
X32-Edit MAC: www.behringerdownload.de/X32/X32-Edit_V2.1_MAC.zip
X32-Edit Linux: www.behringerdownload.de/X32/X32-Edit_V2.1_LINUX.tar.gz

Hi Jan,

does this mean if we have already loaded from the previous links we should reload - both firmware and xedit,

Many thanks

Nick