X32 Discussion

X32 Compact

Just making sure, because I don't remember seeing it in any of the update readme's..

But, everyone else also noticed you can assign whatever you want to the right side bank on the X32 Compact, right?

Re: X32 Compact

Just making sure, because I don't remember seeing it in any of the update readme's..

But, everyone else also noticed you can assign whatever you want to the right side bank on the X32 Compact, right?

Yeah that very feature made a friend of mine wish he had gotten the compact instead of the full size. He still appreciates having the extra channels, but it was only having 8 input faders that really turned him off of it. I still would like to see custom layers, but don't really need them and won't care if it doesn't happen.

I was coming on here to ask a question. Any ETA on this new X-Mix iPad app that shows RTA? I've also experienced a drop in app speed when I jumped from 1.15 to 2.04. Out of all the versions I felt that version ran the best. I haven't really used any of the other features so I was bummed the RTA hadn't yet been installed into the app.

I'am somewhat concerned however, that increasing the amount of information being transferred over WiFi (I can only imagine RTA), may further degrade the performance of the app. Let's hope we can make it work.

I was coming on here to ask a question. Any ETA on this new X-Mix iPad app that shows RTA? I've also experienced a drop in app speed when I jumped from 1.15 to 2.04. Out of all the versions I felt that version ran the best. I haven't really used any of the other features so I was bummed the RTA hadn't yet been installed into the app.

I'am somewhat concerned however, that increasing the amount of information being transferred over WiFi (I can only imagine RTA), may further degrade the performance of the app. Let's hope we can make it work.

I had the same experience of "lame" app both on my x32 and x32rack. Slow response with 3 different routers. Everything worked like a charm befor updating to v2.x.

If you like to read in the original behringer forum thread:

http://forum.behringer.com/showthre...on-loss-and-lame-data-transfer&highlight=Lame

made a video, here it is

http://youtu.be/LYAlfVa416A

Anybody HERE has similar behavior?

Thx for chiming in,

Henry

I get that a lot, Henry. And, you're right ... the response was much quicker with v1.15.

I have found that if you touch the layer section a second time, it seems to "engage" quicker.

Or ... maybe that's just an exercise to kill time and it would have switched if I hadn't touched it again?

Re: X32 Discussion

Thank the coders for that. ;)

And thx Bob for the hint. Will give it a try tomorrow. Henry

I just tried everything I could throw at it and I am not seeing that layer delay. It snaps to the next layer before I can get my fat finger off the screen. Not sure what to tell you. Besides I was thinking Edit because the RTA isn't in Mix yet.

I just tried everything I could throw at it and I am not seeing that layer delay. It snaps to the next layer before I can get my fat finger off the screen. Not sure what to tell you. Besides I was thinking Edit because the RTA isn't in Mix yet.
Same here...works fast on my Rack...haven't upgraded my full size yet.

Producer and Mute Groups:

We recently got one, and I think it is a cute little mixer that will work well for little nooner park gigs in the sun. Lack of scribble strips is almost a virtue.

As we were racking it up and outfitting it for gigs, we couldn't figure out how to set Mute Groups from within the console. I have a full-size sitting in the shop, too, and the Producer definitely doesn't accomplish Mute Groups the same way as the full size.

TIA,
Dan

Producer and Mute Groups:

We recently got one, and I think it is a cute little mixer that will work well for little nooner park gigs in the sun. Lack of scribble strips is almost a virtue.

As we were racking it up and outfitting it for gigs, we couldn't figure out how to set Mute Groups from within the console. I have a full-size sitting in the shop, too, and the Producer definitely doesn't accomplish Mute Groups the same way as the full size.

TIA,
Dan

I can't figure out why the selection process isn't the same as it is for DCA assignment. It would be nice to hold the mute master down and than hit the select on the channels you want in there.

I can't figure out why the selection process isn't the same as it is for DCA assignment. It would be nice to hold the mute master down and than hit the select on the channels you want in there.

Agreed. Maybe the knobs (on the Producer) have some different dynamics than the buttons (on the full-size)?

So is the only way to set the mutes via the menus in or near the Home screen for each channel, or on the Xmix or XEdit?

Thanks,
Dan

Agreed. Maybe the knobs (on the Producer) have some different dynamics than the buttons (on the full-size)?

So is the only way to set the mutes via the menus in or near the Home screen for each channel, or on the Xmix or XEdit?

Thanks,
Dan

I think so Dan. I recall having this conversation some time ago and that was the conclusion.

Interesting line of thought on the scribble strips. Why do you say that? This was one of the main reasons I didn't get a producer myself.

Interesting line of thought on the scribble strips. Why do you say that? This was one of the main reasons I didn't get a producer myself.

Hi Scott,

Because the shows I got it to do are not usually going to have more than 16 or at most 24 inputs, and the scribble strips are a little bit of a pain to see in the bright sunlight but tape and pen are easily visible. These shows don't really need DCA's, either, so the console can likely stay in 16 fader mode.

Tonight I did my first real show on a Producer, and it was quite fine with a mighty 12 inputs. It seems like the best way (so far) is going to be to have an iPad open to the Sends on Faders, and keep all the faders for inputs almost all the time. That was a pretty slick and fast work method.

The other winning feature about the Producer is its rack-mountability. I have evolved a hardware workflow over the years where I mount an SKB pop-up mixer case to the top of a 12 space SKB rack with a good caster board underneath with good casters, and a hole drilled between the two racks so cables can go between the mixer and outboard gear. You roll the case into the mix position, take off three covers, connect inputs and outputs and AC, and it's at the right height and ready to go. It started with Mackie 1604 VLZ's, and for the shows where that was a sufficient mixer, it worked real well.

When the APB House Rack came out, I built some using the EWI case that was easy to use, and was able to get to 40 inputs by connecting two together. They had many more features than the Mackies.

Now that I'm into the X32's, I miss all the features when going back to either analog solution. With the Producer I've got an S16 in the rack, too, so there's a possibility of more inputs when needed during the course of a little parks series, but can go to the full size when more inputs are consistently needed.

This form factor is just a real quick way to get a little gig set up, and an actual console will be more secure than iPads and a Rack, maybe, for the 16 or so input shows. These parks gigs are out in the middle of a field or parking lot, and it's nice to roll up a mixer and be done rather than piecing together iPads and a place to put them and figuring out security.

Sorry for being long-winded about it, but there you go. I'd post a picture but it's away at gigs for a few days.

Thanks for asking,
Dan

PS to Dirk: I'm hoping they're just busy, and since it's been so slow here lately maybe they're out of the habit?

Looks like Uli and his guys have lost interest here. :?~:-?~:???:
We are easing into the industrial vaccation so hopefully they are resting on a beach somewhere :D~:-D~:grin:

I also assume that the forthcomming m32 and this mysterious x-air due anytime soon is pulling the avaiable resources so I don't expect any miracles about the x32 during the coming weeks...

Q4 will probably have some nice goodies for us!

Just for fun and to update my earlier post regarding PoE on the p16m I have tested to connect two p16m's in parallell using some old isdn passive terminal splitter.

This worked out great and with the PoE I got a nice solution for my two p16m's without using the p16d.

I am assuming due to the slight impedance mismatch that the effective maximum length of the cable is reduced. However for shorter lengths there seems to be no issues.

Re: RTA screen freezing on X-edit

Does anybody have this problem, when I set the master eq page visible, I see the RTA. However after some time it becomes very slow, and freezes.
After switching to another tab and back, it does work again. (Maybe also every other one)

I saw this also with the master L-R meters in the right upper corner, the only way to make this work again is a restart of the x-edit program.
Also one time on the meters page.
It looks like the data from the X32 to the laptop is ok, because whenever I switch pages it's solved.

All software, firmware is last version.
It's a X32 rack and a dell D630 laptop, windows XP, and connected by wire through a Asus AC66 router.

Tested it last night again. Same thing, CPU usage was around 15 - 25%...
I made a small film of it, with my phone.