X32 Discussion

Re: X32 Discussion - new firmware

In snippets if I want to save changes to the DCV assignments what parameters need to be selected? I want different DCA assignments for different snippets.

Dear Kevin,
You will need to select the "Groups" parameter filter and then choose the channels you wish to include. Note that this will also include Mute Group assignments. Hope it helps!

Dear Kevin,
You will need to select the "Groups" parameter filter and then choose the channels you wish to include. Note that this will also include Mute Group assignments. Hope it helps!

Thank you. That worked, I thought I had tried that combination but I guess I was doing something wrong.

I don’t know if you have seen some of my recent post on here in other threads. I am playing around with an X32 (installing it in a church youth room tomorrow) and a BCF2000 and also trying out Palladium (a show control) software. I have written a mixer file for the X32 for Palladium software and will be forwarding it to them. This combination really expands what I can do with the X32. Now I just need to figure out if I can talk the sound company owner I am doing these musicals for into buying an X32 or an M32, and stop renting the expensive consoles for these shows.

And again thank you for taking the time to demonstrate it to me a while ago.

John, any news regarding an android app from you guys? Altought mixing station is working great with the X32 I was wondering if you guys are working with something for android user regarding that Manner?

I saw in a FB thread that someone could make it to work the M32 iPad app with an X32, is that possible? And he was controlling and changing each app and it could work... Do you know anything about it too? Thanks for produced and make a wonderful product btw

I hate to be that guy, but I'm looking for a quick answer and don't have time to read all 512 pages of this thread. I am starting from page 1 to catch up though.

Looking to set up our church with an X32 and S16. In my mind I would have 48 channels I could assign and would be able to control 32 at a time. Is that correct?

Thank you in advance.
Jeff

Re: X32 Discussion

Your welcome. Nothing stopping you having all 48 connected at once, and having scenes that recall input configurations.

My Church only uses 6 channels most weeks, so I have a scene that presents those into channels 1-6, even though they're connected to 17-20, 6 and 8.

For bigger events, 17-20 are presented onto channels 17-20 with the other radio mics, leaving 1-8 free for stand mics and instruments. I don't re patch anything though - just recall different scene.

I hate to be that guy, but I'm looking for a quick answer and don't have time to read all 512 pages of this thread. I am starting from page 1 to catch up though.

Looking to set up our church with an X32 and S16. In my mind I would have 48 channels I could assign and would be able to control 32 at a time. Is that correct?

Thank you in advance.
Jeff

Sort of.

You have to assign input capability in blocks of 8 channels (1-8, 9-16, 17-24, etc). What this means is that the mixer will access the assigned block of inputs and allow you, on a channel-by-channel basis, to pick where a channel's input comes from. Note that the assignment of blocks of 8 inputs, however, is inviolate. Even if you don't use all of them, you're still stuck with those 8 inputs being a part of the available inputs.

The "AUX INPUTS" are mono or linkable for stereo, except for AUX 7-8, which are dedicated to the USB playback of the mixer and cannot be re-mapped. There is an AUX In REMAP in the Routing > HOME tab.

Spend a little bit of time in front of the mixer and you'll see the limitations and flexibility of this method.

So to answer your last question, the answer is "Sort of... not on a granular level..... no.... .yes..." It depends on exactly where you need to connect mics & DIs to physical inputs and then have those show up on the desk. In theory you can have multiple S16s and switch between inputs in banks of 8 via scene automation (Routing > HOME > Inputs).

To pick where a mixer input gets it's signal, go to the Home > CONFIG tab and find the Source window. Note how this interacts with the physical inputs chosen in the Routing > Home tab.

Last edited:

Thank you in advance.
Jeff
including the 6 aux ins, you can control 38 inputs. The aus ins are just like the XLR ins but lack the compressor and gate on their channel strip.

Re: X32 Discussion

Dear all,

I also like to take this opportunity to thank Christian and the wonderful people here who have tremendously contributed to make the X32 become the world's most successful digital console. Your suggestions and ideas continue to be an immensely valuable source of inspiration for our engineers.

Christian has not only become a great friend of our German R&D team - he is considered "family" and enjoys access to our secret R&D vault.

My gratitude goes especially out to our amazing engineers in Germany, UK, US, China and Philippines who collectively designed this Game Changer. I am extremely proud of the team.

However, the X32 journey has just begun. What we will be rolling out in September, will be fundamentally changing the audio industry.

Warm regards

Uli

P.S. Herzlichen Dank Christian, wir haben Dir viel zu verdanken.

Does anyone have any idea when this announcement will be made, is there some expo coming up that it is likely to happen at?

Re: X32 Discussion FW version 2.08!!!(M32)

2.08 (2014-09-12)
improvements:
- Xedit bug fixed when changing fx type
- xlr out routing added to routing snippet
- p16 and aes/ebu routing added to out patch snippet
- jitter when syncing to adat/word clock/madi reduced
- sporadic noise when switching between special combinations of fx types removed
- sporadic click at end of usb playback removed
- sporadic reboot when using too complex osc subscriptions (old X32-mix on iPad 1) fixed
- sporadic loss of meter information (osc clients) fixed; osc server version 2.05
new features:
- support for DN32-MADI, DN32-DANTE, DN32-ADAT
- support for DL15X and DL25X stage box series
- iQ control via stage box P16 port (requires fw >= 2.0 on S16/DL16)

2.07 (2014-06-26)
improvements:
new features:
- support for DL16
- M32 support

Loads on the x32!

Re: X32 Discussion M32 Rack and core

For those who want to upgrade their x32 rack or x32 core to a "M32" rack or core - just down load the M32 edit for PC and the Ipad app for the m32 (& gaffer over the behringer logos on the H/W):lol:!

Re: X32 Discussion FW version 2.08!!!(M32)

2.08 (2014-09-12)
improvements:
- Xedit bug fixed when changing fx type
- xlr out routing added to routing snippet
- p16 and aes/ebu routing added to out patch snippet
- jitter when syncing to adat/word clock/madi reduced
- sporadic noise when switching between special combinations of fx types removed
- sporadic click at end of usb playback removed
- sporadic reboot when using too complex osc subscriptions (old X32-mix on iPad 1) fixed
- sporadic loss of meter information (osc clients) fixed; osc server version 2.05
new features:
- support for DN32-MADI, DN32-DANTE, DN32-ADAT
- support for DL15X and DL25X stage box series
- iQ control via stage box P16 port (requires fw >= 2.0 on S16/DL16)

2.07 (2014-06-26)
improvements:
new features:
- support for DL16
- M32 support

Loads on the x32!

Official x32 FW 2.08 now available ( as well!)