X32 Discussion

Re: Dante card - Any pointers?

Ben-

The lack of a flashing light on both the S16 and console means neither is aware the other is there.

You didn't wiggle cables in the video; you should do that. If it hadn't worked once, I'd say it was the cable. I'd still maybe say that you have several bad cables, but the most likely explanation might be that there is a problem in the S16 or maybe one of the AES50 ports.

Did you connect your Rack in S16 emulation mode to the Producer to see if that worked?

That means:

Producer and Rack set to same sampling rate;

Connected together via AES50A, although I think with the right changes to settings below you could choose either port on either device. (The S16 is mostly AES50A only for interconnections to consoles, although you can find in this thread circumstances where AES50B can work, too, to connect to a console if there is another console already connected to A.)

Producer set to Internal Sync, Rack to AES50A sync;

Producer Routing set to AES50A 1-8 for inputs 1-8;

Rack Routing AES50A outputs set to Local 1-8;

Same for 9-16 if you are using those.

That's it, green lights should light up. I just tried it here and this works fine unless I forgot to tell you something.

If this doesn't work either your AES50A port on the Rack isn't working (did you try B?), or your cables are no good.

It's always good to have more than one of each device so you can see if the one that isn't working isn't working because it's broken or if something else is wrong and the one you've been testing actually works just fine.

Good luck!

Last edited:

I have X32 rack. When I record music directly on mixer to USB, there is one or two interruption periods od recorded file.
For example, if recorded file is 8 minutes and 32 seconds, I noted missing 2 seconds on 3 minutes and 46 seconds.
the USB STICK is 4 GB.
Second problem is if I record more than one hour and click stop, mixer is blocked and I automaticly restart

I have X32 rack. When I record music directly on mixer to USB, there is one or two interruption periods od recorded file.
For example, if recorded file is 8 minutes and 32 seconds, I noted missing 2 seconds on 3 minutes and 46 seconds.
the USB STICK is 4 GB.
Second problem is if I record more than one hour and click stop, mixer is blocked and I automaticly restart

Almost certainly the USB stick. Get a good fast one and you should have no problems. I had this issue with a cheep stick myself.

Almost certainly the USB stick. Get a good fast one and you should have no problems.
I'm not sure that speed is the key factor here - stereo recording only needs around 2Mbit/s which even USB1 could cope with. If you format the stick on the desk and avoid using it for jobs other than recording on that desk, you may see better results.

I'm not sure that speed is the key factor here - stereo recording only needs around 2Mbit/s which even USB1 could cope with. If you format the stick on the desk and avoid using it for jobs other than recording on that desk, you may see better results.

It's not the speed of the interface, but the actual speed at which the memory can be written to that matters.

Ben -

The video is a good asset for anyone using this system, especially as a self-check. It can be of great value for those who might have setup issues or simply work better from visual instruction than print medium. I would suspect at least hundreds of people reading this forum have had the opportunity to view the vid.

You found your problem yet?

Regards,

-Tim T

It's not the speed of the interface, but the actual speed at which the memory can be written to that matters.

And of course that is very much dictated by how busy the computer is.
I'm recording 32 channels with an Intel Atom based XT mini laptop using Reaper, but to do that reliably I have dedicated the computer to that task, including turning off every process that is not specifically needed. That means no other connection activated, no antivirus and so on.

Well found Per may be interesting once known about and the proliferation of M32's and the new cheaper ranges of Turbosound

But you cannot register yet - I note it does not(yet) cover Behringer & therefore the x32
They are still trying to iron out some odd issues from the migration and hopfully it will be in full operation within a day or so...

Re: X32 Discussion

Oh, for the love of god. They're going to move the forums and break all the URL's listed inside messages and in search engines AGAIN????

YOU HAD ONE RULE.

I believe you've misunderstood my complaint, Glenn.

The First Rule of the web is "Never break the URLs".

If they're replacing their forum engine, the odds are 99.999% they've violated that rule.

I believe you've misunderstood my complaint, Glenn.

The First Rule of the web is "Never break the URLs".

If they're replacing their forum engine, the odds are 99.999% they've violated that rule.
OK - looks like you are right.
I was in yesterday, but today everything is hosed now. PC worked yesterday, the iPad log on sent me right to the MG page. Today both go nowhere.
I can read posts OK on the PC, but the iPad comments are all over the place, no real formatting.

v2.10 Bug??

Just updated my Firmware to 2.10 and I had enabled the "Hard Mutes" option within setup. I noticed that when I would activate a mute group from my iPad, the mute group was lit, but none of the channels associated with the mute group were flagged as muted. But if I look at the board, I can visually see that the correct channels are muted. If I disable the "Hard Mutes" option, and disengage and reengage the mute groups, the channels where showing as being muted correctly within the app. This is the x32 Mix app for the iPad.

Has anyone else experienced this? It this the best place to report these issues?

Thanks Everyone.

Te current version of the ipad app was released before the latest firmware update withe hard mute function. So it do not support the new feature.