X32 Discussion

Re: X32 Discussion

I just instal TRACTION 4 SOFTWARE with redemption code from Behringer, but when program is started I saw that is demo version, and I must enter username and password to authorize the software.
i think that with redemption code I have full program, but it's just demo version.
what to do?

I just instal TRACTION 4 SOFTWARE with redemption code from Behringer, but when program is started I saw that is demo version, and I must enter username and password to authorize the software.
i think that with redemption code I have full program, but it's just demo version.
what to do?

Probably your Traction Username and password that you created on the Traction site.

So my x32, presently running 2.04 cause it's a house console, plays fine over the USB link from my Macbook Pro running Qlab 2 on OS/X 10.10...

But when I record or play over that link using Audacity, there is about a one second delay during which, on playback Audacity's meters show audio's being sent but it doesn't come out, and on record, no audio is recorded and then there is a full-scale click and the recording starts, again after a second.

Anyone ever seen that?

48k, rates matched, console is master, 16/16

X32 rack won't boot from usb to update firmware

The solution is probably somewhere in the previous 530+ pages but I can't find it.

please, step by step instruction to update to firmware 2.1 from 1.5. Starting the console (x32 rack) stops at "waiting for usb".

--Kevin

Re: X32 rack won't boot from usb to update firmware

The solution is probably somewhere in the previous 530+ pages but I can't find it.

please, step by step instruction to update to firmware 2.1 from 1.5. Starting the console (x32 rack) stops at "waiting for usb".

--Kevin

Save your scenes before you do anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q-Pqk21ALM

no problem - that's done.

I've tried two different fat32 formatted thumb drives. I tried leaving the zip file in the root and also unpacking and just having the update file in the root. I have held the usb button and I have not held the usb button.

What is the magic way to do this?

Depends on the age of your board, but since you have seen the "waiting for usb"-message, one must assume that it is a newer board and you have gotten that part right. (Hold USB-View button until the message appears when powering up). You should have the dcp_corefs_2.10.update file in the root, then just plug in when the console is waiting (not holding the view-button). Only have one update file in the root.

no problem - that's done.

I've tried two different fat32 formatted thumb drives. I tried leaving the zip file in the root and also unpacking and just having the update file in the root. I have held the usb button and I have not held the usb button.

What is the magic way to do this?
I've pressed the USB button again while "waiting for USB "... Try that

Depends on the age of your board, but since you have seen the "waiting for usb"-message, one must assume that it is a newer board and you have gotten that part right. (Hold USB-View button until the message appears when powering up). You should have the dcp_corefs_2.10.update file in the root, then just plug in when the console is waiting (not holding the view-button). Only have one update file in the root.

You sir, win the prize. I was booting with the usb plugged in. What was needed was to boot with the usb button down, THEN plug in the usb drive.

It has updated to 2.10 and I should be all set.

Many thanks.

--Kevin

Behringer x32 limiter

What's the best way to configure the x32 limiter so that it's absolutely the last thing in the audio chain before analog master output?

Basicly sometimes I'm using x32 in environments where multiple people can/might play with the desk, so I'd like to make sure accidental master-fader (or any other fader/knob) tweaking doesn't result in huge audio volume peaks.. so I'd like to have the x32 limiter as the absolutely *last* effect in the audio chain, right before analog output (so after all the physical faders/knobs of the desk).

Thanks for any tips!

Re: Behringer x32 limiter

What's the best way to configure the x32 limiter so that it's absolutely the last thing in the audio chain before analog master output?

Basicly sometimes I'm using x32 in environments where multiple people can/might play with the desk, so I'd like to make sure accidental master-fader (or any other fader/knob) tweaking doesn't result in huge audio volume peaks.. so I'd like to have the x32 limiter as the absolutely *last* effect in the audio chain, right before analog output (so after all the physical faders/knobs of the desk).

Thanks for any tips!
Insert the limiter on a mixbus and route your LR to that mixbus.

You don't need to use the limiter. Set the compressor on the matrix using a high ratio and a threshold to taste. This will act as a limiter. Using a soft knee you can get a really smooth limiter...

Re: Behringer x32 limiter

Set the compressor on the matrix using a high ratio and a threshold to taste. This will act as a limiter. Using a soft knee you can get a really smooth limiter...

I do that all the time, even key it to a low pass filter to get excursion limiting on the subs etc. By sourcing the output pre-fader on the matrix, you can prevent the matrix fader from having any influence as well.

Last edited:

Setting Up Graphic EQ's in Effects Slots 1-4

A friend of mine is at a gig RIGHT NOW and is trying to get 10 monitor mixes set up on his console, which was just updated to 2.10.

FX slots 5-8 are behaving normally (insert button on right to activate inserted graphics).

FX slots 1-4 allow him to select a graphic and select its source (bus 1 for example). The graphic meters as if signal is going through it, but it has no affect on the sound of his monitors when he adjusts the EQ level. There are no insert buttons showing to allow the graphic to be inserted into bus 1.

Any ideas how to get this working for him?

TIA.

EDIT: He just called back (3 seconds after I hit POST) and said that scrolling past the Buses generates a Bus x INSERT list.

So never mind.

Hey Dan -

I assumed he had already assigned his bus to the chosen eq and wasn't getting signal... once you have chosen the bus for the eq you must activate "insert", either on the home screen of the selected bus or on the fx screen of the graphic, on the upper right above the faders. If you try to activate the insert before you assign something to it, you will lose signal.

He needs to make sure he has chosen a "dual" eq and not stereo if he's using each bus as a monitor channel. Good to hear he's had success.

-Tim T