X32 Discussion

New Stage Boxes

So is anyone else rather disappointed that the new SD16 is only going to be $100 (street) less than the old S16. I really thought $799 was going to be the MSRP and the street price would be lower.

Sure, it's a bit smaller and doesn't need a rack, but that $100 seems a poor saving for all the lost functionality (UI, headphones, ADAT, MIDI).

As I said in the NAMM thread, given that I have an old ADA8000 lying around, I think I'd rather have a fully-featured 16x16 system in a bigger box.

I do hope they don't discontinue the older one before I have a real excuse to get one... :\

Re: New Stage Boxes

So is anyone else rather disappointed that the new SD16 is only going to be $100 (street) less than the old S16. I really thought $799 was going to be the MSRP and the street price would be lower.

Sure, it's a bit smaller and doesn't need a rack, but that $100 seems a poor saving for all the lost functionality (UI, headphones, ADAT, MIDI).

As I said in the NAMM thread, given that I have an old ADA8000 lying around, I think I'd rather have a fully-featured 16x16 system in a bigger box.

I do hope they don't discontinue the older one before I have a real excuse to get one... :\

I'm not disappointed at all! Essentially, it places the 16 inputs & 8 Outputs on the stage in a much more rugged chassis AND adds an Ultranet hub with 4 Ultranet ports there as well. Other than thru software or via a connected X32, to access or change preamp gain so it cannot really be seen as a direct replacement for the S16. Seems like an effective, cost-friendly way of getting inputs & outputs to and from the stage.

I doubt if Behringer stops production of the S16--it's their single means of making a digital snake for use by other consoles. I am probably opt for replacing my S16s with DL16s--just waiting to ensure that there are no problems with using the Midas DL-series devices with the X32 family.

Re: X32 Output Card Options

Aaah. Good to know. I love learning things! Sooo.. Essentially, no - that card isn't going to do me any good at all.

Hello

Anthony pointed out most of the good things - here is one more.

All inputs seem to be XLR/jack-combos - so keyboards etc can be directly plugged in without di-boxes

Hello

Anthony pointed out most of the good things - here is one more.

All inputs seem to be XLR/jack-combos - so keyboards etc can be directly plugged in without di-boxes

True and the x32 pres will cope with both mic and line inputs - but curiously even the behringer guys early on seemed to recommend using a di box for line inputs - perhaps being over cautious? - but I always do as a matter of course - old habits I suppose!

True and the x32 pres will cope with both mic and line inputs - but curiously even the behringer guys early on seemed to recommend using a di box for line inputs - perhaps being over cautious? - but I always do as a matter of course - old habits I suppose!

I suspect it has more to do with mitigating potential ground loop issues than anything else.

Hi, guys. I'm quite certain that this has been answered before. I'm an old dog at both of these forums and I know all about searching for answers and I'd really rather search for an answer than to wreck someone's day with a question that has been answered before. But as long as I've been around and as many questions as I've answered over the years, frankly, I think I've earned a couple of repeats, so here goes...:eek:))

I'm quite familiar with the X32 and I just bought my very own X32 for my band use (self-contained, all IEMs, hand the sound co a fan-out, etc). I've just delved into Reaper using a MacBook Pro. I see the Windows drivers for the Firewire and the USB cards, but I don't see Mac versions. Is there a need for Mac drivers?

Thanx for any help,
Geri O