X32 Discussion

Re: X32 Checked Bag

Does anyone carry their X32 Compact as a checked bag? What case do you use to keep it under the 50lb limit? I have a couple of possible fly in shows and wanted to bring a console. I have looked at the Producer, which I could easily find a case for, but would prefer the larger work surface of the Compact for local shows. Buying both isn't in the budget right now!

Thanks,
Nathan

Does anyone carry their X32 Compact as a checked bag? What case do you use to keep it under the 50lb limit? I have a couple of possible fly in shows and wanted to bring a console. I have looked at the Producer, which I could easily find a case for, but would prefer the larger work surface of the Compact for local shows. Buying both isn't in the budget right now!

Thanks,
Nathan

I have not tried to travel check an X32-Compact. Having said shat, I have found that Dave Phipps (Opti-Case, Henderson, TX) could possibly custom make a case to meet your weight restrictions. The case would need to be less that 15 lbs (website says that X32-Compact weight 33.9 lbs but I do not know if that is shipping weight or net weight of the console itself). Probably would not want to add castors. Dave has a special-made 1/4" Baltic birch laminate that he claims is tougher than anyone else's 1/2" baltic ply. I use his cases exclusively. BTW, he is perhaps one of the few case manufacturers whose cases are ATA & military spec cases.

Lots of Luck,
Tony Martin

Tony Martin

Interesting. I will check him out. That definitely seems like an option. To be honest, the case doesn't need to provide a ton of protection. It will be moved locally in an ATA style case. I just met a guy on the road with a QU-16 in a Gator case that just fit under the 50lb limit. That console is around 10lbs less though. I'd go with that console but prefer the X32 interface and ability to expand easily.

Thanks,
Nathan

Dave cases fully meet ATA specifications. They are not simply "ATA-style" cases. There really is a difference. Gator cases will not meet ATA specifications--they just look a bit like what we know the ATA-spec cases look like. Google his website and take a look at his client list.

Tony

MADI Card installation

I'll be installing a MADI card in my X-32 this week so I can send 32 direct outs to the recording facility. Is there anything I need to know? I have searched a bit but haven't found much.
Thanks,
Mick Berg.

Turbosound IQ Speakers

Hi all,

Just a a quick piece of info - email from Nick at Turbosound received today......it's been a long time coming!

"Hi Mark
I hope your well.
Just a quick one to say the Turbosound IQ series will be available in the UK from next week.
So please contact one of our dealers.
Electrovision
AC Entertainment
HBL
Crystal Pro Audio
Batmink"

Last edited:
Re: Turbosound IQ Speakers

Hi all,

Just a a quick piece of info - email from Nick at Turbosound received today......it's been a long time coming!

"Hi Mark
I hope your well.
Just a quick one to say the Turbosound IQ series will be available in the UK from next week.
So please contact one of our dealers.
Electrovision
AC Entertainment
HBL
Crystal Pro Audio
Batmink"

AFAIK Electrovision etc are a wholesalers supplying retail stores like DV and studiospares

Last edited:
Re: MADI Card installation

I'll be installing a MADI card in my X-32 this week so I can send 32 direct outs to the recording facility. Is there anything I need to know? I have searched a bit but haven't found much.
Thanks,
Mick Berg.

You have your answers in the Behringer forum.
Generally, for all cards, there are two places in the menus: SETUP-card and ROUTING-card out, the routing bit is the same no matter what card is being used.

Help X32 won't boot-up

Hi guys, big problem today doing a tech run for tonight's show power up desk the lights come on the home buttons etc on the right side of the screen but desk does not boot-up. The desk is two and half years old and has been brilliant until today, has any of you had this problem? I did sign up for the 3 year warranty so we shall see how good it is. I've had to borrow a friends x32 for the show but had issues because it's running v1.15 not 2. Any thoughts thanks :(~:-(~:sad:

Re: Help X32 won't boot-up

Hi guys, big problem today doing a tech run for tonight's show power up desk the lights come on the home buttons etc on the right side of the screen but desk does not boot-up. The desk is two and half years old and has been brilliant until today, has any of you had this problem? I did sign up for the 3 year warranty so we shall see how good it is. I've had to borrow a friends x32 for the show but had issues because it's running v1.15 not 2. Any thoughts thanks :(~:-(~:sad:

Sounds like it may be a power supply problem.

Inserts

I had a problem getting the inserts set up last night , when I looked at the insert assignment there were square brackets on inserts 1&2 like this - [Aux 1] - The insert would not work. Finally I found that the auxes were assigned to Omni Outs. But what is the official meaning of the square brackets?
Thanks,
Mick Berg.

Re: Help X32 won't boot-up

Thanks Anthony, I took your advise,put it to v 2.10 for my gig then back to 1.15 before returning it back to my friend. All I need to do now is get my X32 repaired. Wish me luck.