X32 Discussion

DCA control

Coming from a DM1000 with a user assignable layer, I had to make some modifications in my way of working on the X32.

Last night I figured that a solution for me would be to assign some matrix outputs and the mono/center to a DCA. I just booted the console and was surprised that this is not possible. Why? Does anybody have a good reason for that?

Windows 8 app!?

According to my eldest son - people are now moving away from Ipads/ Iphones and android and the cool thing to have is a windows 8 phone or tab. So how about an app that will run on windows 8 - both PC and tablet,

Nick

Re: Namm 2013

This will be the most significant product roll out in our entire Company history and it would be wonderful to have you celebrate this event with us.

Uli

Thanks for the update, and for listening to our bottomless pit of needs, and quickly including updates!

Interesting that you say that, I'd venture to guess, if it's even bigger than the X32 release, than it must be the X16 (mackie dl1608 killer). Looking forward to that!

Re: Software Request - RTA, FFT, Transfer Function

If Behringer can include the transfer function along with an RTA I would be extremely happy. I love being able to play a reference sound source and then use a measurement mic to compare the original source to the sound system reproduction and see a graphical representation of the difference. It take a lot of guesswork out of tuning the system... at least for me, it's been both a time saver and an ear pleaser. It has been the only thing that gets my 24.4.2 out into the world. Here's what I'm talking about: PreSonus | Virtual StudioLive - Smaart

mmmm... are you sure that studiolive has a transfer function?
i had a little experience with it and i've seen just a 4 band parametric eq, and a delay finder tool (that imho didn't find the correct delays)

the real smaart is 100% a different beast, give it a try!

Re: Transfer Function and p16-m labels

mmmm... are you sure that studiolive has a transfer function?

Oh yeah, check out the latest version for studiolive, it is very well integrated, has a special helper built delays with a reference mic and also has a smaart spectrum mode availible for each channel in the software.

On the labels for the p16-m, I sure find that some simple white electrical tape and a sharp sharpie work great! None of the other personal monitor mixers availible from any of the manufacturers has a littlelight type light for them, and they seem to have sold a ton. Chances are, if they need a light, they can find thier own. It would be cool, but it would make it more expensive for those who don't need it, and there are many more of those folk out there.20130111_102029.jpg

Oh yeah, check out the latest version for studiolive, it is very well integrated, has a special helper built delays with a reference mic and also has a smaart spectrum mode availible for each channel in the software.
Nope, the studiolive doesn't have a transfer function. It uses pink noise for measurement. A transfer function uses normal audio and measures this against the measurement mic. This means that you can adjust your settings during a normal shw or soundcheck without the blasting noise.

Btw, A small 'feature' will let you blast that pink noise at full level at FoH if you're not careful.

Simple way to record to PC?

Is there a simple way to record just the Mains (L&R) output on the PC through the firewire? The Behringer control panel for the firewire/X32 only lists channels 1-32.

I did configure channels 31/32 on the board with a source of L&R but could not get any input going into my recording software (I'm using Sony Sound Forge). And for that matter channel's 31/32 did not show any metering while playing music.

I know SF does not do multi-track recording but in the audio preferences for it I can specify the input channel for L&R. So I set 31=L/32=R. But I still can't get anything coming into the PC.

Any help would certainly be appreciated!

Re: Simple way to record to PC?

Is there a simple way to record just the Mains (L&R) output on the PC through the firewire? The Behringer control panel for the firewire/X32 only lists channels 1-32.

I did configure channels 31/32 on the board with a source of L&R but could not get any input going into my recording software (I'm using Sony Sound Forge). And for that matter channel's 31/32 did not show any metering while playing music.

I know SF does not do multi-track recording but in the audio preferences for it I can specify the input channel for L&R. So I set 31=L/32=R. But I still can't get anything coming into the PC.

Any help would certainly be appreciated!

If you are not using the P16 system you could use that to send what you want to the card out.
In the routing tab assign your card out to P16 1-8 and then on the P16 tab assign the channels 1-8 to whichever source you want.

Re: Windows 8 app!?

Correct me if I'm wrong... but doesn't Xcontrol already run perfectly on win8 pc?

Yes - it does - and the screen touch isn't too bad - but due to the way that is currently implemented there is no means of re-sizing the whole screen ( or better still segments of it) , scrolling or zooming which would be very useful. In fact it is necessary to put the task bar on the side to fit the screen on. It would also be good if the scenes and libraries were available.

Workable but could be a little better!

Don't know if it will run on a windows surface / tab -

Re: Namm 2013

I'll be there Friday and Saturday... C-ya @ Namm folks !!!!

Dear all,

I hope you are enjoying the new XiControl and XiQ Apps. We do appreciate feedback and please post any issues or suggestions on our forum.

Forums

We plan to release another update very soon, which will incorporate some bug fixes, further improvements and perhaps some of your suggestions.

NAMM 2013

We would like to invite you to visit us at the NAMM show.

This will be the most significant product roll out in our entire Company history and it would be wonderful to have you celebrate this event with us.

We also have the amazing band ANVIL playing on our BUGERA booth.

Warm regards

Uli

Re: Windows 8 app!?

Don't know if it will run on a windows surface / tab -

Windows 8 should run XControl in compability mode.
Microsoft Surface RT (the cheaper one) has ARM processor and allow to run only special prepared and designed applications. Microsoft Surface Pro has Intel processor - here the XControl should work as on normal PC.

---

I hope that Behringer will upload NAMM 2013 reviews and presentations of new products on YouTube channel. I can't wait to see, what they created.

Nope, the studiolive doesn't have a transfer function. It uses pink noise for measurement. A transfer function uses normal audio and measures this against the measurement mic. This means that you can adjust your settings during a normal shw or soundcheck without the blasting noise.

Btw, A small 'feature' will let you blast that pink noise at full level at FoH if you're not careful.

Actually, a transfer function does not depend on the source IF that source has sufficient spectral content in the frequency range being measured. That said, most music does not have enough *consistent* broadband content to do a transfer function in real time. Some operators will check the transfer with audience in place by mixing in a little pink noise with the walk-in music or DJ. It doesn't take much and most of the audience doesn't even notice if you don't do it for very long.

But to claim that transfer function does not use pink noise is factually incorrect.

Actually, a transfer function does not depend on the source IF that source has sufficient spectral content in the frequency range being measured. That said, most music does not have enough *consistent* broadband content to do a transfer function in real time. Some operators will check the transfer with audience in place by mixing in a little pink noise with the walk-in music or DJ. It doesn't take much and most of the audience doesn't even notice if you don't do it for very long.

But to claim that transfer function does not use pink noise is factually incorrect.
You are correct. Re-reading what I wrote it seems that I choosed my wording badly...

I stand corrected. I was thinking of an iPad app I used with their own external I/O box I obviously need more sleep!

Still, would love to see Behringer's next move in that area.

You are correct. Re-reading what I wrote it seems that I choosed my wording badly...

Yeah, the presonus has a smaart spectrum mode. Works good. It runs off whatever you put through it, it does not "only work off pink noise". I think we understand what your getting at.

I remember someone from behringer or christian had mentioned that they will integrate a smaart spectrum analyzer into the X32. This would be much better than the presonus which requires a separate pc. Having it all in the console and also having it visible/controlling on ipad would be my clear preference.
Hope behrinhger is offering this soon.
What I really enjoy is to do my gigs with the X32 without a computer (with the presonus you need a firewire computer). I just connect my router to the x32 and I am ready to mix with my ipad. Btw I LOVE the new 2.0 version and really believe it is the best app compared to all other mixer companies.