DIY Mid High Group Buy

Jeffrey Knorr

Honorary PhD
Jan 11, 2011
Berwick, PA 18603
jrklabs.com
Hi Guys,

I'm probably not going to be building these boxes now but I'm still willing to help coordinate the group buy for the drivers.

Speaking with Jack Arnott of Assistance Audio, the price discounts on the BMS drivers start at 12+ pieces. If we can get an order of ~18 or more of the BMS drivers that locks in our best deal (at ~30% discount).

I'm an RCF dealer and could coordinate a group purchase there as well but RCF's discounts are not as favorable as BMS. Either way, I'm more than willing to help fellow forum members get what they need. RCF USA does not seem to stock the 90 degree horn that we need but if there's enough interest, I'm sure that I can help to get that as well.

Let's say the cutoff for expressing interest is May 15th. If we receive enough volume to lock in the BMS discount, FULL payment will be needed by 5/22. If I don't receive enough paid orders to make the discounts, we'll cancel and refund everything. Payment via check, wire transfer, or electronic ACH would be preferred.

Thank you,

Jeff

Re: DIY Mid High Group Buy

Hi Guys,

I'm probably not going to be building these boxes now but I'm still willing to help coordinate the group buy for the drivers.

Speaking with Jack Arnott of Assistance Audio, the price discounts on the BMS drivers start at 12+ pieces. If we can get an order of ~18 or more of the BMS drivers that locks in our best deal (at ~30% discount).

I'm an RCF dealer and could coordinate a group purchase there as well but RCF's discounts are not as favorable as BMS. Either way, I'm more than willing to help fellow forum members get what they need. RCF USA does not seem to stock the 90 degree horn that we need but if there's enough interest, I'm sure that I can help to get that as well.

Let's say the cutoff for expressing interest is May 15th. If we receive enough volume to lock in the BMS discount, FULL payment will be needed by 5/22. If I don't receive enough paid orders to make the discounts, we'll cancel and refund everything. Payment via check, wire transfer, or electronic ACH would be preferred.

Thank you,

Jeff

Jeff, that's a very generous offer with your time. I must say the assistance with this project from everyone has been fantastic.

Not stocking the RCF HF950 horn is interesting. It’s probably one of the best 1.4 inch horns they have made, and the price is quite reasonable. That’s why RCF are using it in their new TT2a and TT5a - probably two of the best sounding boxes they have made.

I suspect part of the problem is that it’s too new and that people don’t understand the compromises if you make the horn too small.

Hi Jeff,
Thank you for offering to do this. I'm in for 2. If you can let me know the amount I'll get a check off to you. If you need to calculate shipping I'm at 92660.
Thanks again!
Don

Hi Guys,

Thank you,

Jeff

Hi Jeff, Yes, Very nice of you!
Pls put me in for 2 along with passive x-overs. I'm at 24121
I'll send a check immediately when you let me know amount due.
MANY THANKS,
Mark

If you want to calculate your own shipping, the package will be in the 11-15 lb range. Which is close enough for UPS.
Not sure if Jeff uses UPS. So you can calculate from 18603 to your zip, at 14 lbs and add the shipping costs. You will also have the option of adding insurance.
This will work out if you use passive crossovers or not. This assumes something less than a 15x15x15 box, with packaging materials.
Maybe put in a few extra dollars to cover those.

Hi Jeff,

I sent you a PM on Friday, but haven't heard back with your bank information so I can send you the money. Is this still a go?

Thanks,
Brandon

OK, sorry for the lack of communication. I was out of the country and traveling over the weekend. I believe that this is the current list of committed buyers:

Mark Wilkinson 24121 2+XO
Anonymous CA 2
Don Davis USA 2
Brandon Wright 61455 2
Simon Coffin?
Jeff Knorr?

That only has us in for 8-12 drivers... We need at least 12, preferably 18 or more to really maximize our discounts. Did I miss anyone? I'm willing to keep the list open for a few more days if anyone else would like to join us.

Worst case price (if we hit at least 12 drivers) is $667.25+shipping.
Best case price (if we hit at least 18 drivers) is $549.50+shipping.

Please let me know if you'd like to join us!

Thank you,

Jeff

Hi Guys,

I'm going to cancel the group buy or turn it over to someone else (if anyone would like to step up let me know). IMO, We didn't get enough support to really lock in the desired discounts. You're all welcome to contact Jack individually to make single purchases if you'd like to continue with the project.

Thank you,

Jeff

Hi Guys,

I'm going to cancel the group buy or turn it over to someone else (if anyone would like to step up let me know). IMO, We didn't get enough support to really lock in the desired discounts. You're all welcome to contact Jack individually to make single purchases if you'd like to continue with the project.

Thank you,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Disappointing, but certainly understandable.
Thank you very much for trying to put this together, and especially for continuing on with the effort, even after you decided not to build for yourself.

All the best, Mark

Hi Guys,

Thank you,

Jeff

Thanks Jeff for all your efforts, really appreciated.

Don

I just found out about this. Been gone for a few days.
Does anyone else want to pick this up?
Jack,
I might consider it but so far it doesn't sound like we'll meet the minimum order numbers. I'd like to get these on order since I have some events coming up where the boxes will come in handy.
Let me know whats involved.
Don

I just found out about this. Been gone for a few days.
Does anyone else want to pick this up?

Jack, I could conceivably entertain picking it it up,....... but at this point, I really don't see enough group interest to land the full discount, or even result in timely action for a lessor discount.
I'm in a similar boat to Don....need to access the drivers on the sooner sider.
Maybe, a group buy will form after a few more pioneers follow Peter.......

Is it safe to assume that this is dead in the water? I could commit to buying 4 if that would get us to 18. Otherwise, Jack, what is the regular cost on the 4594he? PM me uf you would prefer.

Thanks,
Brandon