DIY Mid High Group Buy

Re: DIY Mid High Group Buy

The best way to do this, in my mind, is for Jason to ship to your freight forwarding company.

When the order is placed, there will be about a one month lead time, three weeks for manufacturing, one for delivery.
This is not a hard time line, but depends on what else is in the que, and other factors. (EG, Pro Light and Sound is coming up soon, and always seems to put a dent in things, even though it is the office that goes to the show, not (all of) the factory.) Even shipping can vary. My last order sat on the ground in France for ten days before it finally got over the pond.

Also, to all of you, remember that my fee is hard/fixed, but that Jason will have soft costs on top of that. Shipping materials, paypal fees, if you pay him that way, printing, even wire transfer, if he pays me that way. So make sure to pay for all of that, not just the shipping cost from him to you.

Regards, Jack

Hi Jack,

So if I understand correctly, Jason is placing the group buy via Assistance Audio (ie; you)? Would it make more sense to deal directly with you? (assuming my order could be tacked onto the group buy, at the same pricing).

I'm still a little unsure as to how the payment arrangement will work. I figure they need to be paid for in full, in advance. It just seems a little tricky when we have some unknown or not yet finalised costs. It would be really helpful to me to have a more accurate idea of the expected total cost.

Bare in mind that this is a hideously costly endeavour for me, by the time I add on near 50% for exchange rate, US freight, international freight, and potentially import taxes!).

Thanks, Boyd

Hi Jack,
So if I understand correctly, Jason is placing the group buy via Assistance Audio (ie; you)?

Yes,
Would it make more sense to deal directly with you? (assuming my order could be tacked onto the group buy, at the same pricing).

No, the order will be shipped as one piece to Jason.

I'm still a little unsure as to how the payment arrangement will work. I figure they need to be paid for in full, in advance. It just seems a little tricky when we have some unknown or not yet finalised costs. It would be really helpful to me to have a more accurate idea of the expected total cost.

Your cost of shipping to your freight forwarder, and them to you will be mostly fixed. You need to figure out in advance what this is, in order to know your fixed costs. Packaging will be about 20"x12"x12" and 15lbs. You can do quotes on shipping from 11236 to your forwarder. Insurance is up to you.

Regards, Jack

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the clarification and packaging estimate.

Hi Jason,

Are you in the best pricing bracket (18+ drivers)? It seems to me it would make most sense for you to use the freight options that work best for you from your location. What would you expect the freight to be to Hawthorne CA 90250 ? If possible, can you give me a quote including freight, with payment via paypal? I need to approve this with my business partner before I can confirm.

I'm new to group buys, so still getting a handle on it, thanks for you patience.

Cheers, Boyd

Hi Jack, How about replacement diaphragms? I can't find any info on BMS website. What do a set for the 4594 HE cost ? And would they be available in a group buy?
Hope i never need them :)
Thanks! Mark

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the clarification and packaging estimate.

Hi Jason,

Are you in the best pricing bracket (18+ drivers)? It seems to me it would make most sense for you to use the freight options that work best for you from your location. What would you expect the freight to be to Hawthorne CA 90250 ? If possible, can you give me a quote including freight, with payment via paypal? I need to approve this with my business partner before I can confirm.

I'm new to group buys, so still getting a handle on it, thanks for you patience.

Cheers, Boyd

I am hoping to have at least 18 to 20 confirmed orders in order to make best use of the buy. Right now we are at about 16 theoretical orders. If i were to say ill be ready to put in the order April 15th would everything who's name is listed be ready? Below is the current list.. (not including your order)

Jason Allen - 2 | 4594he-16
Jason Joseph - 8 | 4594he-16 + COs
Spenser Hamilton - 2 | 4594he-16
Spenser Hamilton - 2 | 4550
Mark Willkinson - 2 | 4594he-16

Best case price (if we hit at least 18 drivers) is $549.50+shipping. (+3% paypal if using that option) (insurance optional but suggested) +$3.00 for additional boxing

I can ship via USPS or UPS/FEDEX ground which ever you prefer cost of shipping to your zip code can easily be calculated using the Brooklyn NY, 11236 as the source..

As Jack (many thanks) mentioned the lead time is about a month or less to get to me. From there once picked up Ill begin shipping out immediately with confirmation numbers and tracking..

Again its up to the group when they will be ready to complete order. If that date works for everyone then I can begin the process in a few weeks. If more time is needed you can also let me know..

Mark great question but you can get any driver or option i just would need to know in advance..

Sadly I have to bow out of this of this one due to other more pressing financial allocations. Thanks Jack & Jason for your time and assistance. Hopefully everyone's builds will spur success that leads to another group buy sometime.

Jason Joseph - 8 | 4594he-16 + COs {confirmed 4/15/16}
Mark Willkinson - 2 | 4594he-16 {confirmed 4/15/16}

Good day everyone so far only one person has confirmed for the tentative April 15th start date.. Can everyone else evolved please confirm? Many thanks..

Good day everyone so far only one person has confirmed for the tentative April 15th start date.. Can everyone else evolved please confirm? Many thanks..

Hi Jason,
Is it too late to get in to the group buy? If not, put me down for two 4594he-16s.
Let me know how to get payment to you.
Thanks for doing this.

Don

Don Davis - 2 | 4594he-16 {confirmed 4/15/16}

Good day everyone above are the confirmed orders for the tentative April 15th start date.. Can everyone else evolved please confirm? Many thanks..

alright guys, confirming that I want in. 4 4594he + CO

i notice everyone is getting the 16 ohm drivers. any particular reason (other than lower hiss when nothings playing)?

if the 15th rolls around and we still havnt hit 18 drivers (or whats required) I might be down to throw the 2 4550-8 on there.

Don Davis - 2 | 4594he-16 {confirmed 4/15/16}
Sean Hennessey - 4 | 4594he-8 + COs {confirmed 4/15/16}
============================================
Sub-total | 16 drivers {confirmed 4/15/16}
--------------------------------------------------------
===========================================
Total | 22 drivers {un-confirmed}

Updated

Last edited:

alright guys, confirming that I want in. 4 4594he + CO

i notice everyone is getting the 16 ohm drivers. any particular reason (other than lower hiss when nothings playing)?

if the 15th rolls around and we still havnt hit 18 drivers (or whats required) I might be down to throw the 2 4550-8 on there.

Slightly better noise floor and ease of deployment for me..

yeah I understand that.

for use with my planned passive network though, I think 8 ohms would be better suited for my needs.

Could you change my reservation to 8 ohm 4594he?