New Midas M32 Console

Re: New Midas M32 Console

Hello everyone, we got the x32 back in June, waiting for the M32. In the meanwhile I also got two Midas DL153 stage boxes. Learned the x32 trial by fire during the summer. Now I'm hooking up the stage Boxes. Question(s)
1) Will main L/R outputs be 7&8 on the second 153.....15&16 from the x32.
2) Do I just run one cat 5 (shielded) from FOH to stage, and jump the two 153's together? Top one being 1-16, bottom 17-32.

I'm a dial tone guy in a touch tone world.
Thank you all for your time and input!
Joel

thechickenbox.com

For those of you waiting on these with baited breath, I just received an e-mail from proaudiostar.com telling me that they have them in stock. I did go on-line and confirmed that with them through a chat session.

Art

Hello everyone, we got the x32 back in June, waiting for the M32. In the meanwhile I also got two Midas DL153 stage boxes. Learned the x32 trial by fire during the summer. Now I'm hooking up the stage Boxes. Question(s)
1) Will main L/R outputs be 7&8 on the second 153.....15&16 from the x32.
2) Do I just run one cat 5 (shielded) from FOH to stage, and jump the two 153's together? Top one being 1-16, bottom 17-32.

Good questions, unfortunately you might not like the answers.

Before you can do anything, you need to switch to 48KHz operation, and unless there is a secret firmware update somewhere, you might already be out of luck at the outset.

There is also the question of whether a firmware update will allow 48 AES50 channels, so you might have to run two cables even if the 48KHz samplerate is available.

As for the routing question, that's hard to speculate on until someone has actually got their hands on a firmware update.

Thanks Per! I was informed by my music supplier the the new DL153's, which I got, are able to switch to 48k via the menu options. I believe I have to be connected to the x32 before the DL153's will recognise this, then the menu will let me switch.
I have the latest firmware update for the x32. Going to try one cat 5 from FOH to one stage box, jump that to the other box and see what happens.
Thanks Man!

O.K, now that these are out in the wild, is there ANYTHING different about the software other than the logo on the boot screen? Are all of the menus and things the same? Obviously there are differences in the hardware on the desk, but did they make any changes to software worth noting?

O.K, now that these are out in the wild, is there ANYTHING different about the software other than the logo on the boot screen? Are all of the menus and things the same? Obviously there are differences in the hardware on the desk, but did they make any changes to software worth noting?
Very much doubt it, because inspection of the 2.06 update file for the X32 reveals that it is also as far as I can figure out (it's got the M32logo.BMP and the M32.init call, just like the X32, the Compact, the Producer and the Rack), the update file for the M32.
Then again the M32 is on 2.07 isn't it, so there could be a small update that hasn't yet been shared with the rest of us.

Last edited:

Can someone with a desk tell how the gain works? How are the steps 0.1db, 0.5db or 1 db. Also is there button for trim?

thanks

Thanks Per! I was informed by my music supplier the the new DL153's, which I got, are able to switch to 48k via the menu options. I believe I have to be connected to the x32 before the DL153's will recognise this, then the menu will let me switch.
I have the latest firmware update for the x32. Going to try one cat 5 from FOH to one stage box, jump that to the other box and see what happens.
Thanks Man!

Joel,
A few months ago I returned a DL153 because there was no way to set it to 48k. Maybe they have updated the DL firmware. Please let us know how you make out.
-JP

Joel,
A few months ago I returned a DL153 because there was no way to set it to 48k. Maybe they have updated the DL firmware. Please let us know how you make out.
-JP
Last we heard, only the DL251 can interface with X32, and only with one specific older firmware for the DL251.

The DL153 should have 48kHz capability sometime early next year. They won't work together currently.

The 251 will work with the B and M. on the front is a button you press that swap's it from 96 to 48.
The 15- with firmware 1.0? takes the IO back to 48K.
How to get that old ver? i have no idea. Maybe when the FTP site comes back up.
with the next three months as busy as they are for me, I will be rolling with a PRO-1 in 4 days. I just got tired of all these limits and got the desk. I feel great about that decision even if it was more money.

Last we heard, only the DL251 can interface with X32, and only with one specific older firmware for the DL251.

The DL153 should have 48kHz capability sometime early next year. They won't work together currently.

I have a DL251 that I use with an X32. The firmware has to be v2.05.04 for the 251 to work the X32. In my eyes Behringer/Midas has to stop over promising and under delivering. In October or Novemeber of 2013 they said the DL15x series would be switchable between 48-96k. I was really looking forward to purchasing an M32 but with delay after delay, I've purchased a Yamaha QL1 instead. Maybe next year!

-JP

Last edited:
They're Coming ...

For those of you waiting on these with baited breath, I just received an e-mail from proaudiostar.com telling me that they have them in stock. I did go on-line and confirmed that with them through a chat session.

Art

Full Compass has 20 arriving. With any luck, one of them has my name on it.

Re: They're Coming ...

How about QSC toucmix mixer, never ship for one year. Many manufacturer are late and why always complian behringer/midas?

Re: They're Coming ...

Full Compass has 20 arriving. With any luck, one of them has my name on it.

I talked with Northern Sound & Light yesterday and they had 3 in stock. They were charging a $250 premium over their regular price to cover the air freight to get them there quickly, but the final price was still very good.