New Midas M32 Console

Re: Test results from PP mag are out

I was thinking the better warranty (full "bumper to bumper" 3 year vs 1 year on the X32 .... and then 3 years on the non-moving parts) along with the "MIDAS" sticker would be the main attractions ;) The faders SHOULD be more robust; however, that hasn't been the case with the few I have heard about so far on the forums.
Just curious, are you sure it is a full "bumper to bumper" 3 year warranty, Midas website says to refer to the manual and the manual refers to the standard Music-group warranty.

The improved name should be enough for many ;)~;-)~:wink:

As much as the name has change on what is essentially a pimped X32 has helped, the opposite applies the Pro series. Now because Midas = Behringer, people that were happy to give the Pro series ago even thought it was owned by Music Group are now walking away. The Pro series are great, I don't understand why MG marketing have not tried to protect the Pro series image while promoting the M32.

Hi Peter,

Nice to see you here again - I think I sold you your first PRO2 console when I worked in Australia!

As head of the Professional Division within the Music Group, representing the brands Midas, Klark Teknik and Turbosound, I can assure you that we are very mindful of brand value and our customers. While I understand that people have different opinions, Midas is not Behringer even though resources are shared. All brands belong to the Music Group and enjoy many shared resources but also many completely independent ones.

As mentioned earlier, the PRO Division in Music Group has completely different R&D, customer-facing support as well as Care/Service teams. Moreover, manufacturing is managed by dedicated British engineers.

There are many examples of successful Companies in almost all industries who share services as this is part of achieving higher efficiency.

Last but not least, Midas is enjoying all-time record sales this year with almost every console being on backorder.

Hi Peter,

Nice to see you here again - I think I sold you your first PRO2 console when I worked in Australia!

As head of the Professional Division within the Music Group, representing the brands Midas, Klark Teknik and Turbosound, I can assure you that we are very mindful of brand value and our customers. While I understand that people have different opinions, Midas is not Behringer even though resources are shared. All brands belong to the Music Group and enjoy many shared resources but also many completely independent ones.

As mentioned earlier, the PRO Division in Music Group has completely different R&D, customer-facing support as well as Care/Service teams. Moreover, manufacturing is managed by dedicated British engineers.

There are many examples of successful Companies in almost all industries who share services as this is part of achieving higher efficiency.

Last but not least, Midas is enjoying all-time record sales this year with almost every console being on backorder.

Yes you did … and it’s nice to hear from you … and don’t get me wrong, I love the Pro2, it’s a great mixing desk, probably the best mid-range board on the market at the moment; but the M32 marketing strategy has linked Midas and Behringer in many peoples minds, and that’s not good for the rider acceptance of its bigger brothers.

BTW I’m glad to see you have removed the Behringer badged plugins for the M32 from Midas’s page and replaced them with KT plugins .. +1

… and all the very best with your new job, it was always a pleasure doing business with you in Oz J

Just curious, are you sure it is a full "bumper to bumper" 3 year warranty, Midas website says to refer to the manual and the manual refers to the standard Music-group warranty.
No. I am not sure. I am repeating something I read before the mixer came out. I thought it was from a Music Group representative. It would be best to verify with them though since my memory now leaks something awful ;)

I don't think it's such a great upgrade from the X32 when you can't see the SEL or User Assign buttons outside in overcast sky. That's a serious design omission.

The back lit gel SELECT buttons on the X32 are significantly easier to see outside.

Must admit this has put me off upgrading - btw have the select buttons on the x32 changed from the ones on the original shipments - mine are hard plastic and can be a little difficult to see in bright light - but have ways to cope!

Must admit this has put me off upgrading - btw have the select buttons on the x32 changed from the ones on the original shipments - mine are hard plastic and can be a little difficult to see in bright light - but have ways to cope!

I have an older x32 with the hard plastic buttons. The one I just bought has the squishy rubbery ones. I haven't noticed caring one way or the other, but it has indeed changed.

... have the select buttons on the x32 changed from the ones on the original shipments - mine are hard plastic and can be a little difficult to see in bright light - but have ways to cope!

Like Eric, I just purchased another X32 and the buttons are different than on my first X32. I like the feel and appearance of them. I never had any problem viewing the original buttons outside.

The fader caps are slightly different on the newer ones. Wasn't there some speculation that the faders themselves might be different or improved ? I can't recall the details. However, the screw pattern below the faders, on the lower surface of the mixer, is new and possibly suggests different faders inside.

I don't think it's such a great upgrade from the X32 when you can't see the SEL or User Assign buttons outside in overcast sky. That's a serious design omission.

The back lit gel SELECT buttons on the X32 are significantly easier to see outside.

Thats a deal breaker on my book, with 75% of my shows being outdoor, visibility is high up on my list. So far the X32 has been ok in that respect.

Hi Folks,

I've read all 46 pages and found only 1 post about side-by-side comparison of M vs X

Could you please tell me guys:

1. Sound wise, if choose between X, M and PRO1, how big is the difference? Let's forget a 48/96k difference between PRO and M, personally I can't hear it, maybe somebody can, so my respect to such person :)

Let's forget about faders, Bentley design, and other bells and whistles, does an M Sound cost additional $2000? If no, how much in your opinion?

2. Faders. I tried X on InfoComm, and one of faders dead right when I tried one of Compacts :). Several more fader knobs jumped from faders on layer change. I've worked with PRO2C before as well, no problems with faders. Are M faders in did same as on PRO?

3. Does somebody know a price of DL's?

Thank you folks!

Re: New Midas M32 Console

We tested X, M, and Pro. Sound quality, X to M was noticably better, so was M to Pro but not by much, very close.

An M is a more reliable X, but not a "real" Midas in our book.

We have pricing at work for the new DL's I believe, but they won't be shipping for a while. Midas recommends DL251 with M32 for now.

so was M to Pro but not by much, very close

Thank you Caleb,

So let's say money-wise does this sound difference between an M and a PRO cost $3000?

In my case even a little bit more, since I required multitrack, so I'll need to buy a Dante for PRO.

And about DL251 - does it work with M/X right from the box, or need some "Dancing with tambourine" to make it alive? :)

Thank you :)

An M is a more reliable X, but not a "real" Midas in our book.

Woah ... not so fast. What data suggests that it is more reliable ?

I had my M32 for 1 gig. Three faders failed to reposition when changing layers. So much for the 1 million life cycle !

Notice I said "had".

Woah ... not so fast. What data suggests that it is more reliable ?

I had my M32 for 1 gig. Three faders failed to reposition when changing layers. So much for the 1 million life cycle !

Notice I said "had".
Data is limited to them saying they learned about, and specifically addressed, known issues. Faders and the physical AES50 jacks were the big ones for us. I hope since the faders were addressed, it means they were fixed, and yours was the exception. Time will tell.

Thank you Caleb,

So let's say money-wise does this sound difference between an M and a PRO cost $3000?

In my case even a little bit more, since I required multitrack, so I'll need to buy a Dante for PRO.

And about DL251 - does it work with M/X right from the box, or need some "Dancing with tambourine" to make it alive? :)

Thank you :)
The difference between M and Pro, and whether it's worth the money difference, isn't a sound quality debate. If the only difference was sound quality, then no, as they are very close. The real differences are: extra AES50 ports, routing flexibility, much better laid out surface and work flow, designed by Midas rather than band-aided by Midas, etc. These are very much worth the cost difference.

The one area they failed- putting the Midas badge on a Behringer product, in my personal opinion. I still love the Pro2/2c, but the X/M32? Should have been called the X32 gen 2, rather than weaken the Midas name.

The difference between M and Pro, and whether it's worth the money difference, isn't a sound quality debate. If the only difference was sound quality, then no, as they are very close. The real differences are: extra AES50 ports, routing flexibility....

i wasn't aware there were any AES50 or routing differences between the two. What did they add on the M32?