X32 Discussion

Re: cracling noise on recording and playback

Ok, next step would be to change the sample rate of the console and see how the noise is affected.

Double check that the samplerate at the computer is in sync. Don't trust xcontrol samplerate status. I've encountered a couple of times where it didn't show the correct rate.

Is there any difference between fiwi and usb? They are using different drivers so this could indicate if it's a driver problem.

Everything is running at 44.1KHz, and the sound is fine except for the crackle. It was fine with FiWi four weeks ago, and if my old laptop that has FiWi will actually come alive when i charge it, I'll give it a check tonight and also try the usb with this computer as well. The noise problem is exactly the same using a Core i3 equipped Laptop and an Atom equipped Netbook, so it doesn't seem to be processor related, and it would be strange that to so different computers had the same issue with driver.

I have encountered a few times in the past that if interface buffers were set too low OR TOO HIGH it could cause audible
distortion and I had to find the sweet spot.
I was suspecting a buffer problem and tried different settings, none seemed to help

High quality FLEXIBLE CAT-cable for X32 & P16

Can anyone share information of reasonable flexible CAT-cable, that can be laid flat on floor without tons of gaffer tape?

Rather bulk-cable, since I have tools to make custom lenght cables.

Most cables make "loops" on floor and make you trip - I have here one 8m ( 26ft ) cable, that is just fantastic, but unfortunately it has no markings whatsoever.

The cable that came with P16 is useless on stage. Way too stiff.

Perhaps Behringer would reach out to cableproviders and seek good cables for us - "UltraCat" :?:

So far I have contacted people in Finland, Germany, Neatherlands and Minneapolis MN USA with no results. Either they do not understand the question or do not hae anything to sell.

Re: High quality FLEXIBLE CAT-cable for X32 & P16

Can anyone share information of reasonable flexible CAT-cable, that can be laid flat on floor without tons of gaffer tape?

Rather bulk-cable, since I have tools to make custom lenght cables.

Most cables make "loops" on floor and make you trip - I have here one 8m ( 26ft ) cable, that is just fantastic, but unfortunately it has no markings whatsoever.

The cable that came with P16 is useless on stage. Way too stiff.

Perhaps Behringer would reach out to cableproviders and seek good cables for us - "UltraCat" :?:

So far I have contacted people in Finland, Germany, Neatherlands and Minneapolis MN USA with no results. Either they do not understand the question or do not hae anything to sell.

Have a look at the eurocable catalogue here (Linkitaly.com).
They've got flexible cat5 and cat6 cables, single- and multicore.
Maybe they can help you to find a distributor in your area.
hth
Joachim

FR: 'none' as input option for rack FX

Hello Behringer folks,
could you please add 'none' as input option for the FX in the FX rack (at least for the stereo delay)?
Why?
As it is now one has to sacrifice a mix bus channel to turn the stereo delay into a ping-pong delay.
(one input fed by muted dummy mix bus channel, the other input fed as usual)

Thanks in advance
Joachim

Last edited:
Re: Bug with xcontrol remote

At the moment I have only access to one computer so I can't verify this on other computers yet.

When I use xcontrol to save a scene onto the x32 console, the network connection to the x32 will drop and the scene won't save.

If I save it to the xcontrol everything is working ok.

When I use xcontrol to load a scene from the console then I can't see (and operate) the confirmation popup.

This is not a problem when using scenes selected from the xcontrol.
Ok, I've verified this to not happen on a second computer.

I will try to figure out why this so far only happens on my main daw computer.

Sync issue between xcontrol and icontrol

Since I can't fully trust my main computer due to suspicious behavioure, could someone else verify an issue I'm having?

If both my xcontrol and icontrol is connected to my x32, the operations on the xcontrol will be reflected in icontrol.

However, operations made on the icontrol isn't reflected in xcontrol.

Re: Sync issue between xcontrol and icontrol

Since I can't fully trust my main computer due to suspicious behavioure, could someone else verify an issue I'm having?

If both my xcontrol and icontrol is connected to my x32, the operations on the xcontrol will be reflected in icontrol.

However, operations made on the icontrol isn't reflected in xcontrol.

What ever you do on xcontrol / icontrol / x32 is reflected on the other two .
kev

Looks like a problem at your side :-(

what ever I did on my IPad was reflected on my laptop and x32. I also tested the laptop and x32 and no matter where I make a change it is reflected in the other two.

kev
Tnx...

Back to hardcore troubleshooting then. Perhaps an issue with my firewall or something.

At least the x32 is still hanging in there :))

Can you control gain on your busses ? I run 5.monitor mixes and I mix them foh through the bus groups.

Can you control gain on your busses ? I run 5.monitor mixes and I mix them foh through the bus groups.

If you are asking if the analogue outputs have got gain control, the answer is no. The output signal will be according to what you have got coming out of the mixbus, in other words +21dBu at 0dBFS. The only gain control you've got is the bus fader and the send levels from input channels. That should be enough to get by I think.

xcontrol and icontrol Without X32

Hello

Behringer people - please.

I have my only PC-laptop at home, where it stays most of the time... Since xControl does not run on Mac yet , my only way to work scenes at home and transport them to X32 would be with USB-stick, which I have not tried yet.

But I also have my iPad, which goes between "office" and home often.

Is following feasable?

Could it be possible to build a scene with pc at home - transfer it into iPad ( assuming iControl evolves to point it handles everything..) via home network and take iPad to work and transfer scene into X32 ?

Or simply make Mac-Version of xControl?

THX

p.s with my computer scills I am NOT going to make my MacBook run on Windows - FiWi recording with X32 works like charm.

I think Americans say: "If it works - don´t fix it" - so I´ll keep my pc a pc and my mac a mac...

Re: xcontrol and icontrol Without X32

I have my only PC-laptop at home, where it stays most of the time... Since xControl does not run on Mac yet , my only way to work scenes at home and transport them to X32 would be with USB-stick, which I have not tried yet.

No problem at all, export show from Xcontrol to the usb-stick and import show from usb-stick to the x32, no sweat.

OSC metering

Joe & Co,

I'm building my own metering application, as I've mentioned before.

Could you please check if the metering data is sampled peak during the 50mS time frame or if it's the actual metering snapshot at the very moment.

Also, the osc-addresses '/status', '/formatsubscribe', '/states/prefs', '/renew' isn't documented.

Tnx!

Re: xcontrol and icontrol Without X32

Ran our third show tonight getting familiar with the board. Noticed the monitors are not as loud as they used to be we maxed bus slider and the analog knob and they just weren't enough. I patched in eqs and didn't boost the gain to them should?