X32 Discussion

Re: X32 Discussion

OK. Drive is empty. When you say the root, I'm not sure what you mean. I loaded the files on the drive, but the x32 didn't appear to see them. I'm guessing I didn't get them in the root....

Re: Firmware v1.10 Release Notes

"Direct control of all mic preamps independent from their channel assignment to allow inline
recording mode and live card inserts:
- route local or AES50 inputs to card,
- route card returns to console input channels"

Can anyone enlighten me on this? Am I being over-optimistic in interpreting this as allowing the console to act as a mic splitter with separate gain controls for recording!! If so WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW hope that the next Uli's announced "new level" will enhance the console into also acting "studio" mixing console i.e with full/some dynamic automation to utilise the onboard dynamics EQ and effects processing!

Actually this is the way to use the card returns as digital inserts! So you can send your console inputs to a Daw, put some plugins ins on them and route them back into the x32. If you need to do changes in the mic pre gain, you can do that on this new dedicated page. I'm really excited about this new feature, now I can use my favourite plugins in live enviroment
:)

OK. Drive is empty. When you say the root, I'm not sure what you mean. I loaded the files on the drive, but the x32 didn't appear to see them. I'm guessing I didn't get them in the root....

The "root directory" is the highest level in the file structure. In computer-speak that would be like C:\frmware.bin

Note that consoles _usually_ cannot handle ZIP or SFT files. UnZIP or unStuff or "extract" them; usually the utility that does that lets you specify where you want the final file to go. If you have any doubts, unZip the file and then copy it to the thumb drive. It cannot be in a folder.

I suggest Wikipedia or a web search if this doesn't make sense...

FAT32 should work just fine. That said, if you've ever used the stick before, it's probably formatted and most likely doesn't need reformatted. In fact, most sticks come formatted FAT32 in the package.

I usually shy away from having people format drives because it's VERY SIMPLY to format the wrong drive, and end up with a blank system drive, or data drive, or such.

Kind of like an Apple user dragging his system drive icon to the trash... Not sure if that still works, but many moons ago you could literally trash your system that way. I'd imagine it's still possible with Windoze.

Hi!
When I tried to upgrade it didn´t work first. But when I removed the old version from my USB memory it upgraded.

Thanx for the Deessers!! Now I´m waiting for more MIDI implementation and MIDI tempo delay!!

Regards from a snowy Sweden

Re: S16

My S16's are on their way - just reading the S16 quick start guide (can find no manual) - a quick question if anyone knows

- the quick start guide shows how to set the gain for each input channel on the S16 - I had thought that this could be set remotely from the X32 - but the guide doesn't seem to mention this - is my original assumption re also being able to set the gain from the X32 correct?

Re: S16

My S16's are on their way - just reading the S16 quick start guide (can find no manual) - a quick question if anyone knows

- the quick start guide shows how to set the gain for each input channel on the S16 - I had thought that this could be set remotely from the X32 - but the guide doesn't seem to mention this - is my original assumption re also being able to set the gain from the X32 correct?

Yes, the gain control on the board switches to control the gain of whichever input is selected for that channel. So if one of the s16's inputs is selected for that channel then it will control the gain remotely on the s16

Channel 17 Red Fader

Just noticed that under Meters/Channel Number 17 is red, any reason why? Didn't notice that before, so I am not sure if it was the same before 1.10. Looking at the channel setting I see nothing different than on other channels?

Photo attached

Attachments

• 20121206_124047.jpg
    20121206_124047.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 0
Re: Channel 17 Red Fader

Just noticed that under Meters/Channel Number 17 is red, any reason why? Didn't notice that before, so I am not sure if it was the same before 1.10. Looking at the channel setting I see nothing different than on other channels?

Photo attached

It is indicating that channel 17 is muted.

Does that mean that 1.10 finally lets me use the channel dynamics and eq when recording via firewire?

Thanks
Pauly

[COLOR=#333333 said:
"Direct control of all mic preamps independent from their channel assignment to allow inline[/COLOR]
recording mode and live card inserts:
- route local or AES50 inputs to card,
- route card returns to console input channels"

Dear all,

We have just released version 0.9 of the XControl PC software that matches the latest 1.10 firmware and now features full functionality.

Warm regards

Uli

Thanks Uli.

A request: would it be possible to list the version and/or release dates on all the downloads like is done for the firmware? Without your notice here, I'd have never known that XControl was updated.

-- Mitch

S16 Product registration

To Behringer Support :

I just received my S16's but I can't register them on your warranty site...
The S16 is not in the product list yet...

Please Fix ...

PS : Christmas came a little early... S16's and FW 1.10... Love it :)

Thanks Uli.

A request: would it be possible to list the version and/or release dates on all the downloads like is done for the firmware? Without your notice here, I'd have never known that XControl was updated.

-- Mitch

As I mentioned earlier, it would be great for all downloads, including manuals/documentation. It's a pain to have to download everything and open it to see if it has changed.

We have just released version 0.9 of the XControl PC software that matches the latest 1.10 firmware and now features full functionality.

Oh yes, nice, nice, nice, just what I needed yesterday when I was programming yesterdays show on the PC and somehow managed to lose the preinstalled tap function on the delays :blush: I guess now is the time to figure out how to save and recall the assignable section, as I'm not aware of any library function for this.

I don't really like the logic behind removing the scribble strip from HOME-config, assuming that it is a move towards making it less confusing, but hoping it does not signal a move away from making functions context sensitive, as it only replicates the HOME-home and HOME-main utility functions. Logic would dictate that context sensitivity was somehow similar across the tabs, ie. that home-utility would do a total channel recall, config-utility would only recall what is present on the config tab, like what you have on the gate, dyn, eq and sends tabs, and by the same token, main should only recall the functions on that tab.
I know it is a matter of preference, but consistent logic is allways good, I think.

Insert scene, with warning when it is full, yes, good. One can easily device a working method where one would do a backup at the point when the initial warning is given, and start building a show2 from that backup as the spillover loses scenes (takes some mental housekeeping, but entirely feasible) :thumbup:

The separate mute and fader sends are a godsend, makes a huge difference to the smooth running of a play, ( again I wish I had it yesterday ;)~;-)~:wink: )

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: