X32 Discussion

Re: X32 Feature Requests

Speaking of DCAs and assigning channels to multiple DCAs, which "takes precedence"? The last DCA moved, the highest DCA, or the lowest DCA? I apologize if this is general knowledge, but I haven't really had the opportunity to work with DCAs/VCAs before.

Speaking of DCAs and assigning channels to multiple DCAs, which "takes precedence"? The last DCA moved, the highest DCA, or the lowest DCA? I apologize if this is general knowledge, but I haven't really had the opportunity to work with DCAs/VCAs before.

They all add to each other, so when they are all on 0dB then you won't hear / see a difference.
If you have 2 dca's pointing to an input, say one on -5dB, the other at -10dB, then the result is -15.

Be carefull with dca's to input and busses at the same time.
Say you have input 1 to dca 1, input 1 routed to bus1,2, and also the same dca to this busses assigned.
Then a -5dB counts double! So at the output of bus1,2 you have 10dB lost.

Often people make it themselves much to complicated using dca's. Even to the point they can't get any signal out of the console, because one of the DCA's is down (shut).

Last edited:
No input from Aux 5

I just tried to send some audio from my PC to the X32 and used Aux 5 & 6

The cable I used checks out on both channels (tested be swapping the two ends) but no matter what Aux 5 does not receive any audio.

It is set to receive input to Aux 5

The channels are not linked.

Any ideas how to check for user error or could this be a faulty Aux 5 input hardware?

Re: No input from Aux 5

Initialize console.

Maybe even press undo button in the scenes part, and then power the x32.
Then you have a full clean x32. (And lost all your specific settings. !!!!)

Thanks, I will maybe try this later as a last resort. But I really suspect that there is some hardware issue.

The Aux 5 Solo button also has no effect

And problem solved: Due to working in dim light I did not see / recall that the rear Aux 5 has dual input options (RCA and 1/4") and I had another dry source plugged into Aux 5 1/4" as well which seems to override the RCA inputs.

Keep torch handy at all times from now on.

Last edited:
Re: No input from Aux 5

And problem solved: Due to working in dim light I did not see / recall that the rear Aux 5 has dual input options (RCA and 1/4") and I had another dry source plugged into Aux 5 1/4" as well which seems to override the RCA inputs.

Good to know it wasn't a manufacturing fault.

Mick Berg.

Dead X32 - sorry to report

Well, mine died last night. A faint pop, and it went off and a slight smell of burning. The UK 5 amp fuse in the IEC cable had also failed, and replacing it with a new one brings no response. I got it from Thomann in Germany, so I've emailed them this morning, asking how to proceed. Todays and tomorrows sessions cancelled, and back to the old Soundcraft analogue for the ones next week. These things happen, I guess - but next week would have been much more convenient for it to croak and die!

Re: Dead X32 - sorry to report

Well, mine died last night. A faint pop, and it went off and a slight smell of burning. The UK 5 amp fuse in the IEC cable had also failed, and replacing it with a new one brings no response. I got it from Thomann in Germany, so I've emailed them this morning, asking how to proceed. Todays and tomorrows sessions cancelled, and back to the old Soundcraft analogue for the ones next week. These things happen, I guess - but next week would have been much more convenient for it to croak and die!

Hi Paul,

I am so sorry to hear of this. I will PM You straight away to advise you on how to proceed from here.

Kind Regards
Jim Knowles
CARE EMEA / Tech Support
MUSIC Group / BEHRINGER

Re: X32 OSC <--> MIDI multiple Mackie Logic Control emulation.

Windows version displaying an error MSVCP110.dll is missing from your computer.
What are the prerequisites?

Thanks,

Pete.

I would guess that that is part of the microsoft visual C redistributable files. Try downloading the package from the microsoft site and see if it works .

Dont know what version number so you might have to try a few

Download Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) from Official Microsoft Download Center

Kev

They all add to each other, so when they are all on 0dB then you won't hear / see a difference.
If you have 2 dca's pointing to an input, say one on -5dB, the other at -10dB, then the result is -15.

Indeed, and for musical theatre I wish there was the option for them to operate as HTP - I want to have two overlapping groups of radio mic channels, andfor a channel that is allocated to two DCA's, I want the signal to pass if EITHER DCA is up, not only if BOTH are up - and if both are up, I don't want the levels to add, I just want the higher of the two DCA settings to be used.

Indeed, and for musical theatre I wish there was the option for them to operate as HTP - I want to have two overlapping groups of radio mic channels, andfor a channel that is allocated to two DCA's, I want the signal to pass if EITHER DCA is up, not only if BOTH are up - and if both are up, I don't want the levels to add, I just want the higher of the two DCA settings to be used.

Then how do you turn it down? You have to hunt for which one is loudest?

JR

Re: X32 Feature Requests-S16 ADAT Recorder

A single rack 32 Ch Multitrack Recorder with Adat I/O as a back up recorder feed from (2) S16's. This should be a no nonsense recorder (much like the JoeCo or A&H ICE16) although it may make more sense as (2) 16 track recorders one in each S16 rack?? FANTASTIC!! The FOH X32 being the Main recorder via the FW/USB card attached to a MBPro or sim!! PLEASE!!:lol:

I know which group of actors are on stage at any given time and only their DCA needs to be up - all the others will be down.

So the assignments are overlapping and different scenes have different live mics? Can you do this by assigning the different groups of mics to submix busses and then control them with DCA's?
Trying to visualize.

So the assignments are overlapping and different scenes have different live mics? Can you do this by assigning the different groups of mics to submix busses and then control them with DCA's?
Trying to visualize.

Yes, you've got it. I guess I could do it that way. But I need 8 mix busses for multiple monitor/foldback mixes to stage and orchestra pit, so that would only leave me 8 to use for the mic groups.