X32 Discussion

Re: MIDI Footswitch

John! In my cases there are so many songs played during a night that's why Yamaha is so big in my type of bands. The mixing, scenechange, effectparameters and delaytimes are controlled by MIDI using controlchange, programchange and MIDI clock. To give Yamaha the final push over the cliff you need to implement full MIDI-control.

Channels

question... Is it possible to insert a new instrument between existing instruments-for example: I have a kick, snare, hi tom, flor tom, hhat, over, bass, guitars etc... ... how to insert mid tom between hi tom and flor tom, that other instruments only move forward through channels... (sorry for my english thanks to google translater...)
regards
Yoldi

Last edited:
Re: X32 Discussion

I'll add:

- Do a factory reset first.
- Use the push-encoder (under the screen) to move each fader. As the fader moves, it shouldn't chatter along.
- Link a channel to an adjacent channel. Push one of the faders up slowly. The other fader will follow (relatively) smoothly. If shouldn't chatter along. Use the other linked fader to check its mate.

Eric H.

Hitting the discussion rewind button a bit....

Just discovered channel 4 chattering away when linked or making a slow fade move from remote control. Walked through all resets/troubleshooting/firmware with tech support. Physical resistance is quite different on channel 4.
Owned my console since Feb 8. Had actual possession for about 24 hours. Sending it back to Vegas for the second time tomorrow. Box(es) are made of packing tape by now.

First trip was the noisy headphone output and channel 16 hash. This one will probably be a fader replacement.

Behringer tech has been quite friendly and as helpful as I'm sure they're allowed. I am being a bit fussy but the issues are legit. I realize there is a tradeoff for price point but I want this console as close to "as advertised" as I can get it.
I'm actually amazed by the console and the price point but disappointed in the bench test checklist and QC for new or repaired consoles. Perhaps my troubles are because it was produced in August 2012, presumably sat in a warehouse for a few months, and they've ironed some of this out by now.

Overall -- bitterly disappointed to be sending it back again. Thank goodness I'm not counting on this to make money. :)
Still not quite ready to amend my rider. Great concept. Great initiative. Disappointing QC problems.

Dave Hone
FOH 10,000 Maniacs

Multi channel parameter edit

A future firmware feature I would like to see is some type of multiple channel edit that would be faster than using copy/paste. This occured to me as I was changing the compression settings on 13 channels this afternoon. I'd like it to work something like this:

1. Press and hold the select button on a channel
2. While holding the select on that channel, press the select buttons on additional channels
3. Now make changes to the first channel and the corresponding parameters on the other selected channels will also be set to the same values.

Re: Channels

question... Is it possible to insert a new instrument between existing instruments-for example: I have a kick, snare, hi tom, flor tom, hhat, over, bass, guitars etc... ... how to insert mid tom between hi tom and flor tom, that other instruments only move forward through channels... (sorry for my english thanks to google translater...)
regards
Yoldi

No, that's not possible now, but that's great idea for V2 firmware (+1 for this feature). To be sure: you mean something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orj8i-0GxaI ?

Last edited:

I put this request in the Uli thread but I wondered if anyone else has a need to be able to select an output for the master that is AESEBU? I have a couple of situations where it would be nice to have the master output stay digital down the line to other devices. It would be great to see this on the Rack mount versions. Since the physical format is the same (ie XLR) I wondered if the internal programming logic might allow for this feature?

Thanks
John

select an output for the master that is AESEBU? stay digital down the line to other devices. Since the physical format is the same (ie XLR) I wondered if the internal programming logic might allow for this feature?

If I understand correctly, you would like to see that an analog XLR output can be switched to a digital AES/EBU?
I think I have to disappoint you, because the internal electronics are very different for analog / digital so I don't think the X32 rack is capable of that. I know some other devices that had it designed that way.

I assume they use the same PCB's as in the original X32, so don't think so.

Maybe a custom designed PCB can add this feature for you. :)~:)~:smile:

P16-M Manual - Help from Behringer needed

I was hoping to give some tuition tonight to the users of the P16. I wanted to use parts of the manual on some slides, editing out the multiple languages but the PDF file has been locked. I tried to convert it but it was a total mess. Is there any possibility of a Word version or text version so we can use it effectively for training. The current guide with multiple languages on every page is a total mess and unusable for mere mortals....... fine for techies like me with nothing better to do!

Last edited:
Fader Motorisation Quality Problem

We've had our desk for a few months now. It gets used every Sunday a couple of times and is in dry warm stable environment. I have a couple of channels linked for stereo input. This Sunday went to bring one channel up but the linked channel did not move up with it. In the end after much manual moving up and down and switching between banks to get the sticky fader to move rapidly from top to bottom, got it move with it's linked fader. I hope this is not a sign of things to come? I'm located in Ross On Wye, not far from Kidderminster

Re: P16-M Manual - Help from Behringer needed

I was hoping to give some tuition tonight to the users of the P16. I wanted to use parts of the manual on some slides, editing out the multiple languages but the PDF file has been locked. I tried to convert it but it was a total mess. Is there any possibility of a Word version or text version so we can use it effectively fro training. The current guide with multiple languages on very page is a total mess and unusable for mere mortals....... fine for techies like me with nothing better to do!

Your best bet is probably old school: photocopier, scissors, and tape.

Reminds me of working on the church bulletin when I was a kid.

If you really want to work digitally, you'll probably have to shift into an image format and then use photo software.

Agreed, it just have been nice in this digital age not to have to do all that cutting sticking and copying. This is for the vocalists and instrumentalists in the church band.

If you really want to work digitally, you'll probably have to shift into an image format and then use photo software.

Re: X32 Discussion

Is there no manual for this product? No "getting started guide"?

Just wondering, as these types of questions come up repeatedly...

It would have been nice to have the 15/16 come labeled as "Main Out" - at least with a removable sticker. It's tripped up more than a few people that just want to start without reading the manual. Even in our installation, I had to remind the guys of this.

Also, the getting started guide is quite thin. And the owner's manual is not printed. Who wants to scroll through a PDF while working a board? A laptop/LCD screen is too bright compared to the working surface of the mixer so there is a bit of "night blindness" going on that you don't get with a paper copy.

I was hoping to give some tuition tonight to the users of the P16. I wanted to use parts of the manual on some slides, editing out the multiple languages but the PDF file has been locked. I tried to convert it but it was a total mess. Is there any possibility of a Word version or text version so we can use it effectively for training. The current guide with multiple languages on every page is a total mess and unusable for mere mortals....... fine for techies like me with nothing better to do!

Mike,

EDIT: I'll send you an unlocked version via PM.

Last edited:
Re: AES EBU output

If I understand correctly, you would like to see that an analog XLR output can be switched to a digital AES/EBU?
I think I have to disappoint you, because the internal electronics are very different for analog / digital so I don't think the X32 rack is capable of that. I know some other devices that had it designed that way.

I assume they use the same PCB's as in the original X32, so don't think so.

Maybe a custom designed PCB can add this feature for you. :)~:)~:smile:

I understand that the electronics inside are different but at least the "sheet-metal" and connector is there. Maybe an alternative is if there was a USB or Firewire converter that would bring the outputs to AESEBU
Currently the option is to just use a DEQ2496 on the analog outs but that takes up an additional rack space etc
John

Oh come on, Steve! This is 2013. If we can put a man on the moon, we can edit a silly PDF.

/tongue in cheek.

Re: Fader Motorisation Quality Problem

We've had our desk for a few months now. It gets used every Sunday a couple of times and is in dry warm stable environment. I have a couple of channels linked for stereo input. This Sunday went to bring one channel up but the linked channel did not move up with it. In the end after much manual moving up and down and switching between banks to get the sticky fader to move rapidly from top to bottom, got it move with it's linked fader. I hope this is not a sign of things to come? I'm located in Ross On Wye, not far from Kidderminster

Dear Mike,

As my colleague Jim explained on the telephone, you are more than welcome to bring the console over to Kidderminster and have it inspected while you wait, just give us a heads-up first so we can ensure we have the resources available. Feel free to bring your camera along and take some pictures to share with the forum community.

Kind Regards,
Fiona Hammond
CARE EMEA
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER

I put this request in the Uli thread but I wondered if anyone else has a need to be able to select an output for the master that is AESEBU? I have a couple of situations where it would be nice to have the master output stay digital down the line to other devices. It would be great to see this on the Rack mount versions. Since the physical format is the same (ie XLR) I wondered if the internal programming logic might allow for this feature?

Thanks
John
I'm not sure I understand this question. There is an aesebu output that can be assigned to any type of audio output, including main output...