X32 Discussion

Re: a couple of pic's of my setup with the X32.

We use an QSC rmx 2450 but its way under powered were going to get a QSC PL 4.0 to drive them soon and that will light them up. :)
Not "way under" - the RMX2450 puts out 750wrms per channel at 4 ohms and those boxes are rated at 600wrms. But feel free to "light them up" (perhaps literally :twisted:). I assume you are using an external active crossover and the "bi-amp input low" input on those subs?

Not "way under" - the RMX2450 puts out 750wrms per channel at 4 ohms and those boxes are rated at 600wrms. But feel free to "light them up" (perhaps literally :twisted:). I assume you are using an external active crossover and the "bi-amp input low" input on those subs?

Yep using external xover but they dont have enough ass at that power you put a 4.0 on them and they will really come to life without cliping the power amp. With the 2450 the amp will clip easy from the kick drum.

The RMX 2450 is a great amp just not enough ass for subs but for mid and highs there great amps for that..i use a wide range of QSC RMX series amp's for my PA and they do a great job..

We really like those RBS boxes but i also use 18's just that day we made a simple PA for the money we were paid.. And we like using the RBS 15's on the smaller systems nice tight low end sound.. Looking to buy some more of those RBS 15"..

Randy

Yep using external xover but they dont have enough ass at that power you put a 4.0 on them and they will really come to life without cliping the power amp. With the 2450 the amp will clip easy from the kick drum.
The RMX2450 won't clip unless you turned the clip limiters off? And with them on I've often brought the level up until the limiter lights just start flashing and then gone 6db over that before things start sounding noticeably compressed. That extra 6db make a huge difference on 8 ohm subs, I suspect it will do the same on 4 ohm subs. Dunno why folks freak out when their limit lights start flashing unless the amp is grossly overpowered for their cabs? In the bad old days most every CS800 I saw was lit up solid red :twisted: . Those were the first common amp available with clip limiters AFAIK and only $1 a watt :D~:-D~:grin: - a pair of those and a CS400 on monitors was a serious club rig back then.

whats the outboard rack for? to carry the crossover? lol - oops you beat me to it, above...

Hell, I don't even carry a x-over any more! Let alone racks and racks full of comps and EQs! With all the filters I need built into the EQs on the matrix busses of the X32 now, and better software based components as plug-ins in Waves MultiRack than I had in hardware before, I dumped the entire FOH rack. Driverack and all. For me, it's the X32 with MultiRack Native on my laptop out front, then down the Cat6 we go! I still pull the F/X rack out of the truck, but only to hold up the console... I haven't had a chance to build up a set of legs yet. Designed, yes... Just not built. Hey, I've only had my X32 for a little over a year now... Don't rush me!!! :lol: Hahahahaha!!!

The RMX2450 won't clip unless you turned the clip limiters off? And with them on I've often brought the level up until the limiter lights just start flashing and then gone 6db over that before things start sounding noticeably compressed. That extra 6db make a huge difference on 8 ohm subs, I suspect it will do the same on 4 ohm subs. Dunno why folks freak out when their limit lights start flashing unless the amp is grossly overpowered for their cabs? In the bad old days most every CS800 I saw was lit up solid red :twisted: . Those were the first common amp available with clip limiters AFAIK and only $1 a watt :D~:-D~:grin: - a pair of those and a CS400 on monitors was a serious club rig back then.

I thought that was the way they were supposed to run .. WFO... pushing a bunch of LaScalas...

X32 with Behringer B812NEO & Line6 stagesource

Hi everyone,

so far this forum has been a great source of information and learning and I thank all contributors very much. Any how, Christmas is coming, account looks good and I feel the gear acquisition syndrome coming up again! So far I have been using my X32 in my little homestudio and I am slowly coming to terms with it. As I started to play in little band again, soon there might be an opportunity to use it live as well, and I need some powered speakers. I have decided now to go for the Behringer B812NEO, because they appear to deliver enough power even for smaller open air venues, surely enough they are sufficient for any indoor venue I know of here in Hanoi. Does any of you guys have experience, if these powered speakers work well with the X32? I am actually not interested in getting a subwoofer, as we are playing 'old' music. Is it necessary to use the X32 crossover or can one rely on the speakers alone?

My second question is related to the Line6 Stagesource L2m powered speaker system. As I own two Variax - Pod combinations (old and new), I intend to use the L2m for amplifying those for practice and studio use, but in a live situation I also would like to use them as monitors for drums, voc and guitar (plan to get 4 of those). Again, does anyone have any experience how well those thing 'cooperate' with the X32 in a live situation as monitors?

I would not liek to hear, if this makes sense or not, because this is what I am set for by now, but I am very open to any other proposal providing a better (subjective) or cheaper (not completely subjective) solution!

Keep the board alive!

Chris

Re: X32 with Behringer B812NEO & Line6 stagesource

I have decided now to go for the Behringer B812NEO, because they appear to deliver enough power even for smaller open air venues, surely enough they are sufficient for any indoor venue I know of here in Hanoi. Does any of you guys have experience, if these powered speakers work well with the X32? I am actually not interested in getting a subwoofer, as we are playing 'old' music. Is it necessary to use the X32 crossover or can one rely on the speakers alone?
I have a pair of the previous model, the B412DSP. Stoopid heavy (non-neo plus non-SMPS) so I don't use them much since I bought my RCF 310A's. As for working with the X32 the mixer you use should have no bearing on what speakers you use with it. The Behringer's have quite good protection and limiting so you don't need to use a crossover with them if you don't have subs. One thing to be aware of is the DSP in them will roll off the low end if they run out of power or excursion so when the limit light starts to flash you will hear it do that rather than not get louder. They are Behringer's "top of the line" and don't sound bad at all.

Re: X32 with Behringer B812NEO & Line6 stagesource

Hi everyone,

As I started to play in little band again, soon there might be an opportunity to use it live as well, and I need some powered speakers. I have decided now to go for the Behringer B812NEO, because they appear to deliver enough power even for smaller open air venues, surely enough they are sufficient for any indoor venue I know of here in Hanoi. Does any of you guys have experience, if these powered speakers work well with the X32? I am actually not interested in getting a subwoofer, as we are playing 'old' music. Is it necessary to use the X32 crossover or can one rely on the speakers alone?

Chris

Dear Chris,

Please let me know if I can answer any questions about the B812NEO speakers. BEHRINGER makes many different powered speaker models. I can personally say that I use the NEO speakers when I need extra volume. My “GoTo” powered speaker is the B208D, but when I need more volume and bass without a sub, I go to the NEO series. With Neodymium woofers and Class-D amplification, we were able to get the weight way down on the NEO series.

In a recent powered speaker shootout in Germany, the B815NEO was the winner among many reputable brands: "The BEHRINGER B815NEO were significantly better than the other boxes in the field test."
Der große Musiker-Board Boxentest – Aktivboxen
Google can translate the German if needed.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Back in the day with peavey amps if they weren't in the red they weren't working.. :D~:-D~:grin:

I'm just getting OLD :twisted:

Randy

X32 Networking Cards

Dear all,

here is a quick update on the X32 expansion cards (DANTE, ADAT and MADI).

The cards are going into production right now and should be in stores by end of the year.

We also uploaded a new X32-Q iPhone Personal Monitoring App, now with stereo in-ear monitoring support.

Warm regards

Uli

X-DANTE Close-up.jpgX-ADAT Close-up.jpgX-MADI Close-up.jpg

Last edited:
Re: X32 Networking Cards

Dear all,

The cards are going into production right now and should be in stores by end of the year.

We also uploaded a new X32-Q iPhone Personal Monitoring App, now with stereo in-ear monitoring support.

Warm regards

Uli
Cool! I'm going to get the dante and adat at least. I hope that they will have a decent price tag in line with behringers other low cost products. :)

Why do we have a 32-channel limitation on the dante/madi? Is this a software or hardware limitation.

The reason I'm asking is because is that I can see many applications where it would be beneficial to dealing with channels from the routing matrix that aren't mixed.

Many thanks for the info.
Very happy to see optical and coaxial connectors on the Madi card.
Would I be correct in assuming that:
1.You will select either the optical or coaxial input and the X32 will be able to use as inputs any 32 of the 64 channels available.
2.You will be able to route 32 outputs from the X32 to the Madi out and this will appear on both optical and coaxial connectors at the same time.
3.The 32 unused channels on the input will be passed through to the output.

Many thanks for any information regarding the routing questions above

Adam

Dear all,

Warm regards

Uli

View attachment 8322View attachment 8321View attachment 8323

Cool! I'm going to get the dante and adat at least. I hope that they will have a decent price tag in line with behringers other low cost products. :)

Why do we have a 32-channel limitation on the dante/madi? Is this a software or hardware limitation.

The reason I'm asking is because is that I can see many applications where it would be beneficial to dealing with channels from the routing matrix that aren't mixed.

32 channels is slightly disappointing, I probably won't be lining up in the queue for either of them.

Could it be the case that the bus for the expansion slot is only this wide, and that 32x32 is the limit?