X32 Discussion

x32 Rack is shipping

My x32 Rack just shipped from Sweetwater and is scheduled to be delivered next Tuesday.

I plan on using it as a dedicated in-ear mixer (and backup) to a x32 + 2 S16 rig.

Re: Tip about FX in monitors

A more conventional "fix" is to split the "money channel" to two input channels and use one for monitors and one for FOH. This also allows you to independently EQ it in the monitors and FOH so any tweaks to the FOH EQ doesn't mess with his monitor(s) 8)~:cool:~:cool:.

I thought about that, and it's not a bad way to do it, given you have the available channels. In my case I had to apply the touch of verb to 5 microphones, and didn't have enough channels for duplicates. I also tend to switch my monitor sends to Pre-EQ and use a combination of 31-bands inserted on the busses and the parametric available as well.

X32 Compact Lamp XLR Mounted Upside Down

Is it just me, or is the lamp connector on the X32 Compact mounted upside down? The lamps that I've seen with right angle xlr connectors are built so the release slot is facing down, otherwise the release button would be behind the lamp making it hard to remove. The LS9 and GLD mixers are built this way, with the connector at 180 degree rotation compared to the Compact.

Littlite | Gooseneck, LED, Halogen, Light, Lite, Task, Map, Reading, Auto, Rack

A more conventional "fix" is to split the "money channel" to two input channels and use one for monitors and one for FOH. This also allows you to independently EQ it in the monitors and FOH so any tweaks to the FOH EQ doesn't mess with his monitor(s) 8)~:cool:~:cool:.

And then instead of burning 2 fx units setting them to pre, you could just insert one unit on the channel and vary the mix percent as needed.

Sent from my SCH-I545

X32-Edit on Mac laptop with 768-high display

There was discussion earlier in the thread about resolution trickery to get X32-Edit (or XControl, as I believe it was then called) to display full-screen on an external monitor, but has anyone worked out a way of making it do so on a MacBook with a 768-high screen (in my case, a MacBook Air 11")?

Because of the OSX Menu Bar, the app drops off the bottom of the screen slightly, which wouldn't be so bad except it doesn't let you drag the faders all the way down. They bottom out at -73dB (according to the Assignable Knob I put one on in order to get a second way of controlling it). Clicking elsewhere on the fader knob representation makes no difference. They still bottom out at the same point, not -INF.

I'm guessing that if I had a second something-by-768 display, it would display full-screen on that, with the menu bar on the on-board display, but that's not the point.

I have another MacBook Pro 13, with a 1280x800 display, on which it of course works fine, but I want to use that one next to the X32 for recording over FireWire, not for remote control.

And yes, I could use the iPad app, but I don't trust WiFi and I want to use a BCF2000 control surface.

In a closet somewhere I also have a very old Dell Windows laptop, with a 1024x768 display, but it's probably still running XP, if indeed it works at all.

Has anyone tried X32-Edit running in a Windows VM under Parallels on a Mac? It can be made to go full-screen in that, of course. I don't see why it wouldn't work, although I'm not sure about the BCF2000. Presumably that connects by USB in this context, so maybe Parallels does the right thing, and maybe it doesn't.

It's the silly OSX Menu Bar's problem, of course. There are apps to hide it, but they do only just hide it, not allow you to reclaim the space. At least, not one that I've found so far.

Sorry for the rambling...

Re: X32-Edit on Mac laptop with 768-high display

It's the silly OSX Menu Bar's problem, of course. There are apps to hide it, but they do only just hide it, not allow you to reclaim the space. At least, not one that I've found so far.

don't know if you can do this on the mac but on windows I have moved the menu bar to be vertical on the right side of the screen which solved the problem!

Re: X32 Networking Cards

... two lead singers, one male and one female. Each of them respectively has a pretty deep voice. The male singer is really a baritone and doing rock tunes. The female vocalist has a low voice for a female. I am having some trouble figuring out how to get some additional presence from each of their voices in the PA

Thanks ............. Rob

Cut what there is too much of. Usually in the 200Hz area owing to the proximity effect of the mic. Then there will usually be an irritating spot in the 2k-8k area, depending on this and that.

Watch for monitor bleed out front - it can wreck an otherwise good sound.

Re: X32 Discussion

And then instead of burning 2 fx units setting them to pre, you could just insert one unit on the channel and vary the mix percent as needed.

Sent from my SCH-I545

A) I needed to apply the effect to multiple microphones, and B) I had other sources in the monitor which did not need effect.

Edit: When you say insert on "channel" I'm assuming you mean the mix bus.

don't know if you can do this on the mac but on windows I have moved the menu bar to be vertical on the right side of the screen which solved the problem!

Nope. OSX Menu Bar is always at the top. No matter. I have choices. Windows VM (with that menu bar at the side, like you) or rebuild my old Dell with Ubuntu and use that, which at least leaves the Air free for other stuff (technically, it's my work computer so I really shouldn't be using it for sound duties anyway!)

mixing station

Just tested the again! updated mixing station app for android. (Offline on a samsung S advance)
This is going to be a really good app.

I was very surprised to see a custom layer!!
Just select custom, and select the channels you want on that layer.

Makes it during a gig very easy to group all the major channels on one layer without changing anything to the console.
Maybe also DCA could be chosen to put on this layer... ;)~;-)~:wink:

Next time maybe I have to take the samsung tab10 with me...

I think something for behringer to consider on the ipad app.

Re: mixing station

Just tested the again! updated mixing station app for android. (Offline on a samsung S advance)
This is going to be a really good app.

I was very surprised to see a custom layer!!
Just select custom, and select the channels you want on that layer.

Makes it during a gig very easy to group all the major channels on one layer without changing anything to the console.
Maybe also DCA could be chosen to put on this layer... ;)~;-)~:wink:

Next time maybe I have to take the samsung tab10 with me...

I think something for behringer to consider on the ipad app.

YES YES YES! Thanks for your post. I've had MixStation on my phone but haven't had a chance to experiment with it. Custom layer (particularly if it can be changed via scene memory or similar) is a great tool. Also 100% with you that DCAs should be assignable to the custom layer.

There was discussion earlier in the thread about resolution trickery to get X32-Edit (or XControl, as I believe it was then called) to display full-screen on an external monitor, but has anyone worked out a way of making it do so on a MacBook with a 768-high screen (in my case, a MacBook Air 11")?

Because of the OSX Menu Bar, the app drops off the bottom of the screen slightly, which wouldn't be so bad except it doesn't let you drag the faders all the way down. They bottom out at -73dB (according to the Assignable Knob I put one on in order to get a second way of controlling it). Clicking elsewhere on the fader knob representation makes no difference. They still bottom out at the same point, not -INF.

I'm guessing that if I had a second something-by-768 display, it would display full-screen on that, with the menu bar on the on-board display, but that's not the point.

I have another MacBook Pro 13, with a 1280x800 display, on which it of course works fine, but I want to use that one next to the X32 for recording over FireWire, not for remote control.

And yes, I could use the iPad app, but I don't trust WiFi and I want to use a BCF2000 control surface.

In a closet somewhere I also have a very old Dell Windows laptop, with a 1024x768 display, but it's probably still running XP, if indeed it works at all.

Has anyone tried X32-Edit running in a Windows VM under Parallels on a Mac? It can be made to go full-screen in that, of course. I don't see why it wouldn't work, although I'm not sure about the BCF2000. Presumably that connects by USB in this context, so maybe Parallels does the right thing, and maybe it doesn't.

My 2 cents: Use external monitor with 3:4 ratio (the older square ones). Macs are all widescreen, so if you drag the app window from MacBook screen to square external monitor, it will give you a necessary space below.

Re: X32 Compact Lamp XLR Mounted Upside Down

I thought so too at first. Then I found out that the Littlite I bought (with angled connector) could be opened (small screws) and turned 180 degrees. Now it works perfect

X-Edit with Apple Maverick - does it work ?

Hello

Apple is giving new OS for free - has anybody tested if iX-Edit will work with it ?

Same question applies to numerous other programs - mainly recording - any experience anybody ?

Re: X-Edit with Apple Maverick - does it work ?

Hello

Apple is giving new OS for free - has anybody tested if iX-Edit will work with it ?

Same question applies to numerous other programs - mainly recording - any experience anybody ?

Just launched X-Edit on Mavericks. It fires up just fine.

I was posting about this...
to make it work on my 1024x768 touchscreen, I had to let the dock be onscreen at the bottom, no hiding, and made it very small size...
OS 10.6.8

Best

Klaus

Last edited: