X32 Discussion

Mixtender 3 ???

First off let me say I'm the proud owner of an X32 board, but recently I've used the MIDAS Pro2c and currently I'm waiting delivery on one of those bad boys. I'm surprised to find out that the MIDAS iPad app, currently the "Mixtender 2" is way undeveloped compared to the X32 app, there is only fader control, and some EQ, no routing, dynamics, effects, etc. I've been trying to find out when is MIDAS going to go full force with their app; as an X32 user and seeing first hand what they can do on an iPad app, I'm eager to use the full control "Mixtender X" they're working on.....

Any news Midas ????

Thanks....

Re: Mixtender 3 ???

I know this is an X32 thread but MIDAS people monitor this board, and it is a "related" question as our X32 board has the MIDAS brand on it.... Same parent company.

Remote operation of locked console

Just playing around, trying something and discovering.

Locked my X32 and operated it with X32-edit, X32-Mix, X32-Q and Mixing Station.
They all work! When you move a fader on the console, nothing happens. When you move it on a remote app, it retakes position en moves accordingly.

Interesting? Yes!
Usefull? That may depend on the way you use your equipment, I think.

Re: Remote operation of locked console

Just playing around, trying something and discovering.

Locked my X32 and operated it with X32-edit, X32-Mix, X32-Q and Mixing Station.
They all work! When you move a fader on the console, nothing happens. When you move it on a remote app, it retakes position en moves accordingly.

Interesting? Yes!
Usefull? That may depend on the way you use your equipment, I think.

One feature I'am hoping will be added to the new firmware is a way to disengage motors when console is locked. I don't see a point in them having to move until the console in unlocked.

BCF2000 integration

Hi Guys

has anybody successfully made a preset for the BCF2000 to control DCA's on an X32, or at all for that matter?
I am thinking of using a BCF to expand my producer - for DCA control, Bus sends etc.

Cheers

Rod

Re: BCF2000 integration

Hi Guys

has anybody successfully made a preset for the BCF2000 to control DCA's on an X32, or at all for that matter?
I am thinking of using a BCF to expand my producer - for DCA control, Bus sends etc.

Works like a champ. My setup is:

BCF2000 connected via USB to Mac Mini
Put BCF2000 into Mackie Control Mode
In X32Edit, click the SETUP button, and navigate to the Remote tab. Choose the appropriate entry on the right for your MIDI device, and click Enable on the left
(at this point, the BCF2000 should "snap" to attention)
Use the "Preset" arrow keys on the BCF2000 to page between layers. My 1.15 X32 core responds to the layers thusly:
1->Input 1-8
2->Input 9-16
3->Input 17-24
4->Input 25-32
5->Aux In 1-8
6->FX Rtn 1-8
7->Bus 1-8
8->Bus 9-16
9->Matrix 1-6 (+MC/LR)
10->DCA 1-8

Each of the "Encoder Groups" buttons (4) on the BCF2000 seems to invoke some sort of "Shift" function. For example the lower-right button, when pushed down, will allow the associated encoder knob to control the channel Gain/Trim. To return the device to "encoder-does-pan", press the "Edit" button. I haven't worked out a full function matrix yet, but will put it on my 'to-do' list.

Does this help?

NAMM

Dear all,

we are very excited to head for Namm and launch the X32 V2.0 Firmware plus over 40 amazing new products.

Come join us at Booth #5244 and listen to incredible artists from Earth, Wind & Fire, Living Color and more.

Warm regards

Uli

Last edited:
Re: NAMM

Cool!

Can someone help me with my poor english? Does 'launch' mean 'release' or does it mean 'we will show you what will come'?

I think it means: "Show a mock-up or early development model of a product that might be developed into a production model if the initial reception is good." :razz:

I hope the "launch" of V2.0 was a typo, that he really wanted to write "release" ;)~;-)~:wink:

Last edited:

Launch and release are one of the same. A "mock-up" or demonstration of something not fully produced would be more of a "sneak preview" or "beta version".

A "launch" is when you put the hull to sea, the ship might be nearly ready or merely an empty hull, thus you are allowed to "launch" a product very early in its development life. "Release" means something else, I'm not entirely sure what :razz:

There are a number of reasons it wouldn't be a good idea for Behringer to actually "release" the new firmware at NAMM, so I am guessing that this is more of a teaser for the actual release date.

I remember the "launch" of the X32 Rack ...... painfully so. Didn't actually get my hands on one till late Oct 2013.

Fortunately, I am pretty happy with the product the way it is. Still, this will be a welcomed free upgrade when it finally gets out into our hands ;)

Re: X32 Discussion

Then again they have had a year or so to work on the software and to work out any bugs ao a big press release and release at NAMM could be a good marketing exercise. If it works at NAMM then in theory it should be ready for full release.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Tapatalk