2.06 (2014-07-04)
improvements:
- cue delete fixed
- dante card playback gain fixed
- 'use rta source' for geq fixed
- Xedit connectivity issues fixed
new features:
I can't find that one...

EDIT: Oh, it's under the rack but not the x32 bigboy.

Firmware 2.06, X32-Edit 2.2, and new X-USB Firmware/Drivers

Dear All,
As Pete indicated, X32 Firmware Version 2.06 and X32-Edit 2.2 are now available for download.
In addition, there is a new firmware update and Windows driver for the X-USB Card. You can find the download links on the X32’s product page at this link: http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products...oftwareContent

Links on the other X32 Product Pages should populate in the coming hours.

Release Notes for Firmware 2.06:

The X32 Firmware V 2.06 Update adds performance improvements to the award-winning X32’s operating system. This new version primarily corrects the Cue renaming function and fixes a level issue with the X-DANTE expansion card. It also improves the connection reliability with multipleX32-EDIT application clients. We are constantly adding new features and making enhancements to this extremely-stable operating system, so that you experience the best possible performance from your X32.

If you are upgrading to V 2.06 from firmware versions before 2.04, please take the time to backup all of your data (export Show and export Libraries to USB), as firmware upgrades may erase all of the data currently on your X32. Note that V 2.06 works best with minimum X32-Edit 2.2 on PC/Mac Linux computers and X32-Mix 2.2 on Apple iPads (iOS 6 or 7).

Improvements:
• Fix for loop-back gain issue with X-DANTE expansion card
• Fix for CUE editing and renaming issue
• Fix for GEQ with ‘Use RTA Source’ option
• Fix for connectivity issues with multiple concurrent X32-EDIT clients

Release Notes for X32 Edit 2.2:

New Features:
RTA preference for EQ and GEQ overlay stored on PC

Improvements:
FX tubestage home button fix
Gate diagram fix for new expander modes
Scenes insert Cue fix
Thread priority improvements for slower hardware
Fix for RTA source PRE/POST bug
Fix for Utility redraw issue
Improvements for ‘Mackie Control’ and screen redraw routines

Release notes for X-USB Card Firmware: Supported operating systems include Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 and 8.1 (32- and 64-Bit), Mac OSX 10.7 or higher. Mac OSX 10.6.8 is supported with restricted channel count (up to 16x16).

Improvements:
• Improved device discovery on all operating systems

Last edited:
Re: X32edit problems

Dear Dan,
We have not heard of this issue before. Were you running a scene that you imported from a console using 1.15? If you are using older scenes, be sure to load and save it again after importing to 2.05 to be sure the scene is fully converted to 2.05 and is not corrupted.

So far we have not been unable to replicate this issue. I have sent you my contact information via PM, please let us know if this occurs again.

I never ran 1.15. I upgraded my consoles to 2.02 right out of the gate (got this one (our 3rd) in March). Since that has happened twice I've been gunshy about opening x32edit while live and haven't done so since. I just use my android phone. Works great.

I had profiles from another console loaded into x32edit at the time of opening it, but I would think that clicking CONSOLE->PC would have loaded everything. Its as if it's not being properly loaded and there are left over fragments of settings that are getting applied.

Dont know where to go from here.

Hi Dan,

What happened with your snake issue? You had stranded CAT5 and were experiencing mechanical noise issues with it.

I've thought about this often, as I have a bunch of bulk CAT6 stranded. I finally got connectors that would work with it and made some cables that work, and wanted to tell you that no amount of mechanical abuse creates a noise issue with it. Maybe you got a bad batch? Or CAT5 is more subject to signal disruption with SuperMac AES50 than CAT6? I believe that having more bulk in the middle of the cable to isolate the pairs helps with this problem, and CAT6 has a longitudinal spacer while most CAT5 doesn't.

Dan

I was using stranded CAT5E shielded. If you took it and shook the cable it dropped signal popped and crack. I am going for capacitive disruption. We just stay clear of the cable. It's good if no one is stepping on it. Cate 6 isolates all the cconductors. That is likely the solution.

I can also confirm that stranded cable to be a problem. I picked up some very nice, stranded 250' cat-5e shielded (FTP) with ethercons + metalized RJ-45 ends soldered to drain wires. Very mic cable like properties, but once when I grabbed the cable in the middle of the span, and whipped it a little to flip it over a long row of wooden chairs, the signal cut out, and popped back in briefly. The cable was routed out of the traffic for most of the length, except for a 10' length of foot traffic under a rug, loosly routed with other cables, and an AC line. The system was a core with a UPS on it (less than 6ms battery switchover time, modified sine). The foot traffic the section of cable had been exposed to had no effect on it's performance during that event last month.

I was using stranded CAT5E shielded. If you took it and shook the cable it dropped signal popped and crack. I am going for capacitive disruption. We just stay clear of the cable. It's good if no one is stepping on it. Cate 6 isolates all the cconductors. That is likely the solution.

Thanks for all the fixes!

Just wanted to say thank you, "B" - folk, for working on, and hopefully fixing the X32edit software. I've been going nuts lately thinking it was my choice of routers, switching between many different models I've been dragging along in my backpack lately... Thank you, also for your continued monitoring and participation in this rather long, (just short of 500 page, and 10,000 post) forum.

Re: Thanks for all the fixes!

Just wanted to say thank you, "B" - folk, for working on, and hopefully fixing the X32edit software. I've been going nuts lately thinking it was my choice of routers, switching between many different models I've been dragging along in my backpack lately... Thank you, also for your continued monitoring and participation in this rather long, (just short of 500 page, and 10,000 post) forum.

Thank you very much Declan for those kind words. We are trying very hard to constantly continue updating and expanding the system capabilities of the X32 and all of its accessories and applications. Thank you for being patient as we works out some of the bugs that surface and being a part of our eyes and ears out there which allow us to continue to make such great advancements.

Re: Thanks for all the fixes!

Evan?Do you have some news regarding an android app besides the mixing station to work with the X32? Altought mixing station is working very well, but I was wondering if an android app from Behringer would be out?

X32 Console LED Lighting

For the past 18 months I've had all sorts of LED lights to illuminate my large X32 console. 12v ones, 5v USB ones in series, then 5v x 3 in parallel - powered from the router! They've all done the trick, but I've never been happy with something that looks the part and gives an even spread. The one disadvantage of the X32 console is the single 12v out which means limited light coverage.

Anyway, I recently came up with a simple cost effective solution which others may find useful all for under £20 (you'll need to google currency conversion!). It also looks pretty good - well I think so!. I've attached a few photos but basically the construction consists of......
some 20mm black conduit, 4 20mm 90 degree elbows, 2 20mm conduit clips, 2 20mm couplers, some cable, a 4 pin xlr plug and a length of 12v LED strip cut into three. The clips are screwed into the up-stand of the dogleg and the rest push fit together.

You will see in the photos that the main lighting 'bar' which the led strip is stuck to is split into three with a couple of 20mm couplers. That way I can rotate the centre bar to illuminate a script. It's really bright and will dim down to 80 percent which has a good low level light output.

There is a height adjustment on the whole thing by sliding the pipe up and down the clips. When not is use the bar folds (because it is all push fit) and drops into the dogleg for transporting.

Photo 13-07-2014 22 12 41.jpgPhoto 13-07-2014 22 16 43.jpgPhoto 13-07-2014 22 22 42.jpgPhoto 13-07-2014 22 13 31.jpg

Last edited:
Re: X32 Console LED Lighting

For the past 18 months I've had all sorts of LED lights to illuminate my large X32 console. 12v ones, 5v USB ones in series, then 5v x 3 in parallel - powered from the router! They've all done the trick, but I've never been happy with something that looks the part and gives an even spread. The one disadvantage of the X32 console is the single 12v out which means limited light

Very nice. I've been thinking of something like this that folded down into the doghouse during transit also.
Do you have it plugged into the lamp out? How much current does it draw?

this would be great for any console, and a 19 inch version for the rack stuff, front and back.