X32 Discussion

Re: X32 Discussion

10.000 postings...what a ride, what a journey!
In contrast to the common believe, that the internet is mostly superficial and full of half-truths. This forum must obviously be the exception.
It proves, that people from all over the world can respectfully tribute to one specific topic in a way, that everybody is wiser at the end of the day.
Myself learned a lot from you guys and I'm truly grateful for this experience.

In my eyes, this forums is one reason what made the X32 a "hit". The input of the forum members is outstanding.
It is nice to see, that a lot of the requested features mentioned here translated in the continuously firmware updates.
Maybe it is time to spend ourselves a big applause:)

I did not contribute that much in the last months, but I'm using the X32 on a regular basis and still enjoy it.
And counting... just bought a X32Core from Thomann.de.
They sell it for a special price right know (see attachment).

Again, thumps up for this community and I'm curious, where the X32 family is heading to in the days and months to come.

Christian

View attachment 10483
Congrats!

I wonder what would had happen if this original thread didn't get deleted on the presonus forum in the first place...

My post is now a palindrom :)

10.000 postings...what a ride, what a journey!
In contrast to the common believe, that the internet is mostly superficial and full of half-truths. This forum must obviously be the exception.
It proves, that people from all over the world can respectfully tribute to one specific topic in a way, that everybody is wiser at the end of the day.
Myself learned a lot from you guys and I'm truly grateful for this experience.

In my eyes, this forums is one reason what made the X32 a "hit". The input of the forum members is outstanding.
It is nice to see, that a lot of the requested features mentioned here translated in the continuously firmware updates.
Maybe it is time to spend ourselves a big applause:)

I did not contribute that much in the last months, but I'm using the X32 on a regular basis and still enjoy it.
And counting... just bought a X32Core from Thomann.de.
They sell it for a special price right know (see attachment).

Again, thumps up for this community and I'm curious, where the X32 family is heading to in the days and months to come.

Christian

View attachment 10483

YAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY CHRISTIAN!!!

You obviously have nerves of steel to not jump in and run up the post count like I would have done; I kept figuring someone would pop in during the hour and a half after John's post to say they were thinking about getting one and does anyone like it.

You really set the tone for this place, and attracted people who would post and comment in the same spirit as yourself.

Bennett, please give Christian an awesome custom title and whatever other perks the Sound Forums empire is able to do. And since we are talking, how many posts can the forum software have in a thread before it bogs down or does whatever software does when it has too much going? At what point will there need to be a new thread?

This thread containing all knowledge is great, so I hope your answer is that we are not even halfway there or something like that.

Congrats again, Christian. I will hoist one for you later and suggest that everyone does the same.

Hello

YES - Christian IS THE MAN - and before hitting the hay for tonight - I have one more sip of something - for him and this thread, this forum, all you good folks.

CHEERS !!! PROST - KIPPIS - SKÅL - WHATEVER .....

Thanks for your contribution Christian! Your posts were some of the original seeds that got me thinking about the X32. Still loving every minute of it too ;)

Dan,

Thanks for the reply! That is a very nice rig you have there.

I have been using this from stage: http://www.parts-express.com/talent...source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pla

Apple also sells something similar for ~ $40.00, but it doesn't hold the iPad Mini as the one above will (it has different adapters that come with it for all the different iPad formats).

I have been using this from stage: http://www.parts-express.com/talent...source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pla

Apple also sells something similar for ~ $40.00, but it doesn't hold the iPad Mini as the one above will (it has different adapters that come with it for all the different iPad formats).

Hi Scott,

Thanks!

I have almost that exact one, too, but mine is from Monoprice (love that place).

On the one I have, the grippers are kind of flimsy and just hold a naked iPad; it doesn't want to grab an iPad that has any kind of case, especially the Kensington one with the lock. It didn't have any adaptors with it for other iPads IIRC.

The Monoprice one I linked to earlier will grab almost anything, or at least let you set it in the lower grabbers and lean it on the upper ones. I have my Mini in a kid carry case with a big foam handle (again from Monoprice), and that kind of leans on the holder, too.

I'll take some pictures tomorrow of the shoulder bag and sun shade combo. I have high hopes of that being a useful combination.

I would also like to thank Rob Spence for starting this thread, because of him and Christian I took a leap of faith on buying a Behringer product with no regrets.

You and me both, and I'm sure a lot of other people, too.

Since you mention Rob, I've been kind of curious how this thread came about. The first post seems to indicate that there was another ongoing thread somewhere that this one supplanted.

Rob and Christian (and other early participants): any history to share on this auspicious day? Who was the very first one to start talking about this console?

Congratulations all, I hope we can also hear soon from some of the Behringer folks about the journey and perhaps any new information (Especially about the new shielded ethernet cable they are planning on releasing soon for the AES-50 port?)

May I please ask which of the following types of cable it is?... (graphic from the Nexans website)

download (22).jpg

1.3 million + views
10,000+ comments
501 pages

is this the highest?
if so what is in 2nd place?

OK Midas M32, take your best shot.
So sorry LS9ers.

You and me both, and I'm sure a lot of other people, too.

Since you mention Rob, I've been kind of curious how this thread came about. The first post seems to indicate that there was another ongoing thread somewhere that this one supplanted.

Rob and Christian (and other early participants): any history to share on this auspicious day? Who was the very first one to start talking about this console?
Christian (aka. Bratwürst) began posting about the x32 on the presonus forum. After about ten pages the whole thread was suddenly deleted w/o any warnings and any other threads that tried to restart the x32 discussion was immedieatly deleted.

After that christian begun posting on rob's thread (this one) and the rest is history. That is my (flawed?) recollection of what happened...

Christian is a major contributer as to why I became seriously interested in the x32. The x32 would probably have been a success story on its own eventually, but I think that christians contributions accelerated this success considerably.

Last edited:

After updating to Firmware V2.06 my Firewire wont synchronize,
it makes no difference if I start the board first or last, only unplugging
and replugging with both on helps.

Laptop is a ThinkPad T400 with Windows XP, can anybody confirm this
of offer a suggestion, thank you.

Christian is a major contributer as to why I became seriously interested in the x32. The x32 would probably have been a success story on its own eventually, but I think that christians contributions accelerated this success considerably.

Not to mention that in the early days after the X32 was actually released, Christian was the only person with the knowledge to provide any meaningful user support at a time when there was no manual and no Behringer support staff with any reasonable knowledge.

PS: Hopefully Robert, you will continue to post non compatible posts (that won't be counted in the sub-set of perfectly numbered posts, but still ...) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSGvqjVHik8

Congratulations to Christian and everyone involved in this thread on such a monumental event. It was this thread and the Q&A with Uli that greatly influenced me in seriously considering the X32 for our church nearly 2 years ago. I'm not that active here, but continue to read each and every post and always come away learning something new. So on behalf of the Behringer forum and myself, congratulations and many thanks for being a huge part in making the X32 platform such a success.

Has someone considered applying to the Guinness World Records regarding this thread? I would imagine it would have a great chance in getting accepted. Just a thought.

Paul

Congratulations all, I hope we can also hear soon from some of the Behringer folks about the journey and perhaps any new information (Especially about the new shielded ethernet cable they are planning on releasing soon for the AES-50 port?)

May I please ask which of the following types of cable it is?... (graphic from the Nexans website)

View attachment 10484

I am starting to believe that the problems I am experiences are 99% related to cable structure and not interference. Looks like stranded is a bad idea for any length. That said - not sure how well solid core would hold up winding and unwinding each week. - A must for me as we campus church at a High School. If no one kicks or moves the cable it's fine. I had the same experience someone posted earlier on (forget who) about flipping the cable over seats.

Dear all,

I also like to take this opportunity to thank Christian and the wonderful people here who have tremendously contributed to make the X32 become the world's most successful digital console. Your suggestions and ideas continue to be an immensely valuable source of inspiration for our engineers.

Christian has not only become a great friend of our German R&D team - he is considered "family" and enjoys access to our secret R&D vault.

My gratitude goes especially out to our amazing engineers in Germany, UK, US, China and Philippines who collectively designed this Game Changer. I am extremely proud of the team.

However, the X32 journey has just begun. What we will be rolling out in September, will be fundamentally changing the audio industry.

Warm regards

Uli

P.S. Herzlichen Dank Christian, wir haben Dir viel zu verdanken.

Last edited:

the X32 journey has just begun. What we will be rolling out in September, will be fundamentally changing the audio industry.

A few years ago, few would have taken such a statement about innovation and change as anything more than bold marketing hyperbole. I now find myself eagerly awaiting September, expecting something significant. My perception has done a 180deg turn over the lifetime of this thread.

What we will be rolling out in September, will be fundamentally changing the audio industry.

Warm regards

Uli

I note Uli says "roll-out" and not "announce" - so one must presume that it is the roll-out of already announced stuff - M32, IQ speakers, Pro-x etc - unless the real meaning and significance was lost in translation!

I note Uli says "roll-out" and not "announce" - so one must presume that it is the roll-out of already announced stuff - M32, IQ speakers, Pro-x etc - unless the real meaning and significance was lost in translation!

"fundamentally changing the audio industry" can only mean that the X-air thingie transmits sound directly to your brain or something equally revolutionary. The last time the audio industry was fundamentally changed was probably close to fifty years ago, so september is going to be exciting wether it is a sneak peek at the future or an actual product 8)~:cool:~:cool:

Sorry Uli, I admire what you are accomplishing, but I am sceptical to the big words you are using.