X32 Discussion

Re: X32 Discussion

GAMECHANGER? Pro audio is not a game. People have to earn money with it.

Hello

I beg to disagree.

There are sooo many non-musical side-thingies going on in music business, that all this really IS a game.
Equipmentwise things can be analyzed, measured, evaluated etc.
When we start to talk about persons operating the gear - things get tricky.
Someone in a certain position may or may not like you - because of God knows what - and after that nobody or at least most do not ask about your equipment... Or how good job you are actually doing with what you´ve got. Trust me - I´ve been there...

"People like to talk
Tongues are waggin' over fences
Waggin' over phones"

Joni Mitchell - Cherokee Louise

Suppose same thing goes with i.e. gardening... why should pro audio be different

But as of gamechanger in context with Behringer equipment - X32-family truly has been one - eagerly waiting for more to come.

Background - I never particularly liked Behringer products - mainly because of their brushed silver/black front panels, which I could never read so well even back when my eyesight was good for a 45-years young person - so I did not even try them. However I came across some products, that were good for their use - x-overs, di-box for keyboard, small cheap mixers. Then came this thread of X32 and truly it was game changer. I was among first to get X32 & s16 - then after getting X32R among first I sold my X32 and S16 to my friend, while 16 mic-channels are plenty for 95% of my jobs.

Yes - I still have my analog Studer-mixers and Neumann digital microphone at one end plus all the "cheap junk" on other end. But X32R has a very solid place in my setup. Now I am eagerly waiting, what B has to offer - few years back I would not have bothered - that I think is gamechanging, too.

So let us send our "dear Santa" to Mr B and have him provide us with new toys every year.
And while on subject of "Dear Santa" - I could see a 8in/8out S8 1U box very useful - or combination of P16 with 4 inputs - P16/4. X18 should be welcome and also an X8.

This thread was started to move the X32 discussion from a topic swerve in another thread where the multiple topics were distracting from the primary one.

Christian, at that time, was essentially field testing a preproduction unit and providing terrific real world feedback to Behringer and teasing the rest of us :)

I was looking for a new desk so wanted to get the most from the discussion and also frustrate Tim Mc with the traffic :)

Sent from my iPad HD

Man I hate insiders, unless it is me.

So will it be an announcement rollout? Cause we are still awaiting the the rollout of the X18/iX16 for a few years.

When it comes to making better Behringer products, I have faith, but the rollout department could still use some help.

Now ULI, you are just being mean ;) Everyone is now going to be wondering what new cool thing to expect in September ..... which seems like centuries from now.

I also read every post. I continually get new ideas and find ways to avoid issues from you guys. Thanks to all who contribute.

Now ULI, you are just being mean ;) Everyone is now going to be wondering what new cool thing to expect in September ..... which seems like centuries from now.

I also read every post. I continually get new ideas and find ways to avoid issues from you guys. Thanks to all who contribute.

Let's have guesses:

Mine is a gizmo that lets you combine multiple consoles into a full-featured big one.

Or some kind of surface that lets you control a large number of inputs that are rackmounted.

Both are on the X32 level rather than the M32.

Or some kind of cheap lightweight line array.

My guesses are boring variations on what exists already.

A Raven MTX interface that can address 4 X32 Racks and 4 S16's.

Wireless AES50

A Ultranet device that can be used on any active speaker.

Wireless Ultranet

A M32 upgrade case and faders kit for the X32.

Uli? At least could you give us a hint is this X air would be to use with an X32 digital mixer family? Or it would be use in another thing besides the X family?

I note Uli says "roll-out" and not "announce" - so one must presume that it is the roll-out of already announced stuff - M32, IQ speakers, Pro-x etc - unless the real meaning and significance was lost in translation!

On reflection perhaps MG are going to adopt a strategy of rolling out new product without an 18 month pre-announcement - now that could fundamentally change things!
icon12.png

PS: Hopefully Robert, you will continue to post non compatible posts (that won't be counted in the sub-set of perfectly numbered posts, but still ...) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSGvqjVHik8
That was a depressing video... Isn't there something much more fun on 19?

However, right now I'll continue to 'talk to Ulrik in the big white telephone' so the fun bits may escape me :roll:.

For ten bucks you get a 32-channel recorder on your iPad with the functionality to wirelessly transfer the session into studioone afterwards.

Check it out
http://www.presonus.com/products/Capture-for-iPad

Thank you for the hint Robert.
I just tried the free version with my X32Rack with no sucess. I get a error message like "this device is not supported". Don't know if the X32Core is not supported or my not original camera connection kit :)
Did you try it with your X32?

Christian

PS: Thank you guys for your nice words, I really appreciate that!

Well I do have some software for streaming a live band to a remote server to be broadcast live over the internet - so if this was sort of simplified no reason why not - except for that squirly thing appearing now and again and no music

Thank you for the hint Robert.
I just tried the free version with my X32Rack with no sucess. I get a error message like "this device is not supported". Don't know if the X32Core is not supported or my not original camera connection kit :)
Did you try it with your X32?

Christian

PS: Thank you guys for your nice words, I really appreciate that!

You need a Mfi interface device and most are under 4 channels. The USB on the X does not support Mfi.
maybe someday

You need a Mfi interface device and most are under 4 channels. The USB on the X does not support Mfi.
maybe someday
I don't have access to my x32 at the moment so I can't test it right now.

On the live stream, as I remember it, they said that any coreaudio compatible device should work and they mentioned the CCK. The live stream isn't archived yet so I cant verify if I remember it correctly...

Last edited:

I don't have access to my x32 at the moment so I can't test it right now.

On the live stream, as I remember it, they said that any coreaudio compatible device should work and they mentioned the CCK. The live stream isn't archived yet so I cant verify if I remember it correctly...

From the Presonus pages reads the following -

Second-generation iPad or newer, iPad Air, or iPad Mini
iOS 7 or higher
iPad-compatible (MFi) audio interface or the internal iPad microphone

sorry