X32 Discussion

Re: X32 Discussion

My understanding, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that undergraduate degrees in Europe are typically paid for by the state with little or no debt incurred by the student.

you understanding is wrong, students pay on a loan system and have done for quite some time now.
I don't want to get too sidetracked - this an x32 discussion not a state of the modern economy - you can take what i say as food for thought or ignore if you business is doing well - one thing i know from working in different industry sectors in different parts of the globe is that the guy who says 'but this the way we do things, this is the way it's always done' is heading for a fall whether that is preconceptions about a business model or about qualifications. to draw a line under this side bar I would only re-iterate that there are no successful hire companies, sound engineers etc - those that succeed are 'problem solvers' who happen to fall under those titles - dealing with the customer, whether it's a bar band, a musical theatre production or a rock tour is all about anticipating the market and providing a solution

Re: X32 touch up paint

does anyone have a solution for touching up an x32 - i loaned mine out and it came back last night with a couple of scratches i would like to mask - before i head down to the model shop with a swatch for a paint tin, does anyone have better ideas or experience?

does anyone have a solution for touching up an x32 - i loaned mine out and it came back last night with a couple of scratches i would like to mask - before i head down to the model shop with a swatch for a paint tin, does anyone have better ideas or experience?
I do

i don't loan it out.

sure enough things can happen out there, but no one takes better care of your stuff than you.

Hello

Perhaps the Behringer folks reading this forum would be so nice and give the colour-number to get exact match. Car dealers might have matching colour-pens, too.
Best option would be, if Behringer started to sell accessory paint jars for us.

This is probably already addressed but I don't see it. X32 routing question. 2 consoles connected via AES50 port A. Maybe the answer is right in front of me and I'm missing it. Mic plugged into channel 16 on the local console. Everything seems fine... but on the remote console the signal is showing on channel 12 (and working on channel 12). I didn't think I could even route channel 16 to channel 12 if I wanted to... So why is channel 16 not coming up as channel 16 on the remote console?

Edit: Upon further review it doesn't matter what channel I connect a mic to on the local console, it shows up on channel 12 of the remote console.

I initialized both consoles and reset everything back to the local and remote settings... Then I get nothing on the remote console. If I reload the lone scene that is in the local console I again get the all channels feed to channel 12 on the remote issue...

Edit #2 Ok... Think the AES50 Out routing from initial setup got overwritten when I loaded an X-Edit scene into the local console. AES50 Out needs to be Local 1-8. 9-16, etc I believe... At least that seems to be working.

Last edited:

This is probably already addressed but I don't see it. X32 routing question. 2 consoles connected via AES50 port A. Maybe the answer is right in front of me and I'm missing it. Mic plugged into channel 16 on the local console. Everything seems fine... but on the remote console the signal is showing on channel 12 (and working on channel 12). I didn't think I could even route channel 16 to channel 12 if I wanted to... So why is channel 16 not coming up as channel 16 on the remote console?

Edit: Upon further review it doesn't matter what channel I connect a mic to on the local console, it shows up on channel 12 of the remote console.

I initialized both consoles and reset everything back to the local and remote settings... Then I get nothing on the remote console. If I reload the lone scene that is in the local console I again get the all channels feed to channel 12 on the remote issue...

Edit #2 Ok... Think the AES50 Out routing from initial setup got overwritten when I loaded an X-Edit scene into the local console. AES50 Out needs to be Local 1-8. 9-16, etc I believe... At least that seems to be working.

regarding routing of individual channels (once you have selected local, card, aes etc - select channel then home>config>source then select the source you want - may be worth chechcking that channel 16 isn't set there to receive 12. I use this re-routing all the time for doubling channels when they the incoming line serves several purposes - eg harmonica and vocal.

Need Help!

I've been running X32s for almost two years. I started with two full size X32s, but have settled in with an X32 Compact and X32 Core. Up until last night, anytime something seemed amiss, I've been able to quickly find the issue. Things like a channel not working, then realizing it was assigned to two DCAs, one of which was muted.

But, last night I was using the Core and two S16s and noticed when I turned on phantom power to channel 14, it also turned on phantom to channel 15. Turning either channel's phantom off, turned off both. I re-patched channels so I wasn't using snake input 15 and the rest of the night went smoothly.

So this morning I set up my Core, which is in a rack with one S16. First thing I did, was load a different scene, and the issue went away. So I reloaded the scene from last night, and the issue returned.

To complicate further, if I swap banks on the Home tab of the Routing page (AES A1-8, assigned to inputs 9-16) the problem shows up on snake inputs 6 & 7 of the snake. So it seems like it's always the 6th and 7th input of any AES50 group assigned to input banks 9-16, no matter what mixer channel they are assigned to, or even if they are not assigned. Turning on 48v to one, turns it on to the other. Adjust the gain on either and it's mimicked on the other.

Only on a few scenes.

No channels are linked. I even routed the two offending snake inputs to two channels that I could link and unlink. Problem still exists.

Of course I can create a new scene after initializing the X32, or use a scene without the issue as a starting point, but I'd like to know if it's a glitch, or some configuration that I'm missing.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Re: Need Help!

But, last night I was using the Core and two S16s and noticed when I turned on phantom power to channel 14, it also turned on phantom to channel 15. Turning either channel's phantom off, turned off both. I re-patched channels so I wasn't using snake input 15 and the rest of the night went smoothly.
Any thoughts?
This happens when you've assigned one ore more channel strips to the same input source/headamp or if the channels are linked.

In this case the headamp is common to all of those channel strips, either by menu config or hardware.

This happens when you've assigned one ore more channel strips to the same input source/headamp or if the channels are linked.

In this case the headamp is common to all of those channel strips, either by menu config or hardware.

This happens on unlinked channels, even when nothing is plugged into the snake.

It happens even if the inputs are not assigned to any channels. I can go to the Preamp tab of the Setup page and see the gains and 48v operate together.

It's an odd problem, since 14 and 15 are not linkable.

What are you using to control the Core?

Where was the Scene generated: in that Core-controlling device, or in something else?

Do you use more than one Core-controlling device, so that you go back and forth between devices on different occasions?

Are you using Snippets?

And you've checked the input Config page to see that those problem channels aren't sourcing signal from somewhere else?

Good luck figuring this out, and thanks for giving the group a confusing problem...

Times are changing. We all know these tec-riders, that exclude some brands per se.
Sometimes people should rethink.

Two weeks ago I had a gig with a band where we were supposed a really early soundcheck.
But we were headlinig a festival a day before and we never would have made it in time. So we took a pass on soundcheck and I brought my own desk, stagebox and mics to the gig.
A X32C Compact to be exact. This time we were the support act and the local tec guys sneered at us because of the X32 gear. It was an open air gig with over 10.000 pax, so I expecetd this reaction.
We were not allowed to do soundcheck or a line check with running pa system. So I did a reset on the main EQ to flat and just used the same showfile and mics from the day before. Well...it sounded almost perfect from the start, notched some minor frequencies, did some regaining on the gtr mics and after two songs I had a really nice sound.

haake-beck_badeinselregatta_2010_-_publikum_fans.jpg

IMG_2981.JPG
IMG_2982.JPG
IMG_2987.JPG

Last weekend we had our anual small town festival (about 5.000 pax). Nothing special, but at least some more or less familiar artists. This year among others, "Skindred", "Prong" and "Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls".
We provided the usual gear to match the riders (f.e. PM05D, L'Acoustics Kara) and had a good time. The Frank Turner show was a bit of an exception. The came with a big travel party and brought actually everything on their own. The used only the main system and the infills. They came with own foh, monitor, lighting desks (and 3 x tecs of course), own mics, own cabels and own power distro. In addition they wanted to bring in some lighting as well, but we were well-placed on this, so they skipped that idea. Guess what they brought in as monitor console? :)

IMG_3099.JPGIMG_3090.JPGIMG_3065.JPGIMG_3039.JPG1988844153.jpg747134775.jpgskindred.jpg

Finally...-->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocQDZ1eFR6E

watch it until the end;-)

Christian

Does anyone know if it is possible to run two x32 usb interfaces into a single computer and record all 64 channels?
32 ch can almost run the CPU at 75% plus even on Quad cores at times. A server machine like the new 6 core Mac Pro May pull it off if your DAW can split the ports and has enough channels.

Does anyone know if it is possible to run two x32 usb interfaces into a single computer and record all 64 channels?

I ran Two X32s into a single Older multiCore PowerMac G5 with great results. I was recording 48 tracks, 32 from one X32 and 16 from another. I used the original FireWire 400 card and connection. DAW was Reaper.

This was for a church and recorded about 3 hours of multitracks in 90 minute blocks every week. Pretty bulletproof. I used a recent multi core iMac for mix down to run plugins and such, but the old G5 tracked 48 easily. I feel certain it would have done 64 with no problem.

Not with a single usb controller in your computer. You'd need to add a second usb controller due to bandwidth constraints on the usb bus.

As far as I know you can't aggregate devices in windows so mac is your only option. If you need it for windows then install the optional dante card in your x32's.