X32 Discussion

Re: X32 Discussion

32 ch can almost run the CPU at 75% plus even on Quad cores at times. A server machine like the new 6 core Mac Pro May pull it off if your DAW can split the ports and has enough channels.

a lot of stuff and nonsense talked about the capacity of machines for one way recording using the x32. with the buffers set appropriately people are achieving results for 32 channel recording on incredibly low spec machines. I ran a competition recently on a facebook forum and a few people came back with 1.6ghz and 1gb memory, xp laptop and that wasn't the minimum spec! mixing within the laptop is a different matter but for straight recording and for mixdown from laptop to x32 and then down to an LR master, a very small spec is needed. obviously 64 doubles the data but if its technically possible to record two machines simultaneously (which it apparently is, given Brian's comment) then you may be surprised by how low you can go.
I think this is one of those things you need to experiment with before you go for a final recording (a dummy run or two if you will).
Keep us all posted with the results and don't forget to look at buffer settings in reaper (the tool of choice for this sort of thing) and within your mac etc.

X32 Dante card

Hi,

did some of you already test the new Dante card? What kind of latency should we count with?
does it run stable?

thanks,

Tamas

32 ch can almost run the CPU at 75% plus even on Quad cores at times. A server machine like the new 6 core Mac Pro May pull it off if your DAW can split the ports and has enough channels.

??? Recording audio with no processing is not really CPU intensive. I can record 32 ch via FW on my 2008 MacBook with Reaper with tons of CPU headroom. USB is probably different

Just recieved my x32 Core. Did some mixing on a project with x-edit and saved scene to usb. When loading scene back to x-edit or a console some stuff is messed up, like delay efx settings, graphic eq all bands pulled down and so on. Anyone else seen this? Win7 pc latest xedit and drivers, latest firmware on core and consoles.

Of course this does not mean there is something wrong with my core, most likely something with x-edit?

Last edited:

??? Recording audio with no processing is not really CPU intensive. I can record 32 ch via FW on my 2008 MacBook with Reaper with tons of CPU headroom. USB is probably different
Firewire is totally different from usb. Using full usb bandwidth will eat cpu. While firewire can cope with 64 channels usb2 can't and therefor you'd need a second usb controller.

Firewire is totally different from usb. Using full usb bandwidth will eat cpu. While firewire can cope with 64 channels usb2 can't and therefor you'd need a second usb controller.

This is one of those those things that upsets me...FW works great and it has been phased out of everything. Wish I could buy a FW card for my X32 Rack.

This is one of those those things that upsets me...FW works great and it has been phased out of everything. Wish I could buy a FW card for my X32 Rack.

Dear John,
The X-UF card is still available for purchase in limited quantities, with a US MAP price of $299.99. The card should be available for dealers to order from Starin in the US. Hope it helps!

Thanks John
Do they sell other Behringer parts? I would like to get some spare parts for my stuff. The 5 fader pack for the X32, an extra amp module for the F1320D monitors.

How much are the USB cards? Maybe I'll trade someone my XUF for one. I am done with FireWire. Or maybe a Dante even up?

Just recieved my x32 Core. Did some mixing on a project with x-edit and saved scene to usb. When loading scene back to x-edit or a console some stuff is messed up, like delay efx settings, graphic eq all bands pulled down and so on. Anyone else seen this? Win7 pc latest xedit and drivers, latest firmware on core and consoles.

Of course this does not mean there is something wrong with my core, most likely something with x-edit?

Yes, X-Edit has been a bit erratic, to the extent that some "bugs" are hard to identify because it seems to be very inconsistent. Sometimes you need to change views back and forth to make sure a change you made actually registered etc. I haven't come across exactly what you are describing with the eq though, is that on the graphic or the parametric on channels?

Effects and hook up help

Ok I know this has been gone over . I cannot find it . I'm trying to add effects to the monitors (buss sends) why am I struggling ? I tried sends on fader and I tried selecting the buss then dialing from my effect buss knob . Also completely speedster question . I got two of the bands I mix often to buy a rack and a producer , I know how to physically hook them up but what changes do I need to make ? Is it the same as running two x32 ? Set monitor (rack) to local the. Set my console to aes50 . They both have s16 as well . I should be a distributer for as many of these things as I have sold .

Re: Effects and hook up help

Ok I know this has been gone over . I cannot find it . I'm trying to add effects to the monitors (buss sends) why am I struggling ? I tried sends on fader and I tried selecting the buss then dialing from my effect buss knob . Also completely speedster question . I got two of the bands I mix often to buy a rack and a producer , I know how to physically hook them up but what changes do I need to make ? Is it the same as running two x32 ? Set monitor (rack) to local the. Set my console to aes50 . They both have s16 as well . I should be a distributer for as many of these things as I have sold .

You "send" the "effects RETURN" to another mix from the EFX Input Strip - it has mix sends just like the mono input channels. If the effects were an input from stage, how would you do it? It works the same way. Don't over-think it.

One of the things in my personal scene files that I use as templates (regardless of mixer brand): I turn OFF the send in the EFX input that would feed the same EFX rack space so I can't set up a feedback loop, i.e. SEND 13 of the EFX 1 return channel is off, SEND 14 of EFX 2 Return channel, etc. You can still send the EFX to monitor mixes or to other EFX, just not back to itself.

Yes, X-Edit has been a bit erratic, to the extent that some "bugs" are hard to identify because it seems to be very inconsistent. Sometimes you need to change views back and forth to make sure a change you made actually registered etc. I haven't come across exactly what you are describing with the eq though, is that on the graphic or the parametric on channels?

The graphic EQ.

Kind of irritating really, with the core you should be able tto use x-edit without this glitch.

Oh well...

Re: Effects 1 stopped working. Could I have mis-routed something obscure?

Hey guys, I've had my X32-Rack for about two weeks and love it. I am using it in my basement music studio for band rehearsals (previous board is a Yamaha MG206) and intend to use it as a 16 channel interface for Pro Tools. Our first practice with the new X32-Rack went pretty well, once everybody got used to having their own monitor mix control and how to use the apps. I did have a problem, though. I had X32-Edit up on my Macbook directly via cat5, along with 4 wireless iPads & iPhones, and X32-Edit on my Mac kept freezing up, forcing me to exit the program and restart. It would then work for awhile and then freeze again. It did this all night, so I basically ran everything with my iPad, which never stopped working (and it worked great). It essentially made X32-Edit useless. I did search in the forums and found some threads discussing freezing with the RTA running, but never any that sounded like the problem I experienced. By the way, I have my X32-Rack on 2.06 and the version of X-32 Edit is the current version on Behringer's website. Is this a known problem? Has anybody else experienced this?

Re: Effects 1 stopped working. Could I have mis-routed something obscure?

I did have a problem, though. I had X32-Edit up on my Macbook directly via cat5, along with 4 wireless iPads & iPhones, and X32-Edit on my Mac kept freezing up, forcing me to exit the program and restart. It would then work for awhile and then freeze again.

Was the Macbook connected to both the WiFi and the CAT-5 at the same time?

Eric H.