Re: X32 Discussion

"Trying to update the firmware

I've formatted the drive to fat32
Downloaded 2.08 (board is 2.04 now)
Unzipped the file and put on the thumbdrive
Inserted thumb drive into the board
Turned board on, but no boot screen.

Am I missing something?"

yes, keep pressing small button next to USB driver. :)~:)~:smile: And already answered.

Last edited:

Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow

Check the readme. The newer x32 require you to press a button when booting to enable the firmware upgrade.

"Trying to update the firmware

I've formatted the drive to fat32
Downloaded 2.08 (board is 2.04 now)
Unzipped the file and put on the thumbdrive
Inserted thumb drive into the board
Turned board on, but no boot screen.

Am I missing something?"

yes, keep pressing small button next to USB driver. :)~:)~:smile: And already answered.

Sorry guys.... smh...... hate to be that guy that needs to RTFM. Glossed right over that part. All is good now.

Thanks!

I'm looking (a long time) for a good midicontroller to control a couple of channels on the x32 rack.
I also would like to have eq control on each channel.

I found this simple behringer controller:

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/CMD-MM-1.aspx

This should work? Or... not?

If I can assign this freely i could have 4 stereo channels split over 8 mono channels. :x~:-x~:mad: And using just one fader for each stereo.
Next it would be great to have eq for each channel, it's for simple mixing (dj) so switching channels with select is not handy...

When this works, I can get the audio from the pc via USB straight into the X32, avoiding unnecessary DA + analog console + AD conversion.

A thousand bucks for Dante card????

Hi All,

I was going to get the Dante card for my X32 - I looked at the local prices and they want $1000 (well close enough) for it... a thousand bucks??? That's a lot of money for an expansion card for a four thousand dollar desk isn't it.. On a functionality scale, these cards are way overpriced. What's the story?

Thanks
Pauly

Re: A thousand bucks for Dante card????

Pauly, have you compared prices with other vendors Dante cards?
I think you will find Behringer are very competitive with their price to play in the Dante world.

Its not an inexpensive technology

Hello

468.- in Treppendorf http://www.thomann.de/fi/behringer_x_dante.htm

Someone could send it to you - if I would buy it, price would be 377.42 without sales tax - sending it to Australia would be about 50.- - then add Australian customs and VAT

You might end around 600.- Australian dollars without sales tax and customs...

Of course you would have to trust me.

Last edited:

Hello

468.- in Treppendorf http://www.thomann.de/fi/behringer_x_dante.htm

Someone could send it to you - if I would buy it, price would be 377.42 without sales tax - sending it to Australia would be about 50.- - then add Australian customs and VAT

You might end around 600.- Australian dollars without sales tax and customs...

Of course you would have to trust me.
or just order it form Thomann themselves, Thomann will ship ANYWHERE!

feel good moment

I got the rider for a national act, of coarse it says no semi pro gear listed peavey versaray, behringer , and others . I called told him i was running the x32 and some older behringer monitors they no longer make ;(. They sound guy was very happy to use the board already had a scene saved . I just changed the routing for the s16s. Here comes show day and sound check. "drummer" man my monitor sounds amazing (he is in ear). "sound tech" you always say that when we run an x32 . so props to Behringer and the x32 people have really come around . the lead singer did not do a sound check we rung monitors and set some volume in his wedges . He didnt ask for anything all night and was very happy . if ever given the chance to work with saving abel do it they are a pleasure to work with !

I was going to get the Dante card for my X32 - I looked at the local prices and they want $1000 (well close enough) for it... a thousand bucks???

Just had a quick look at some other manufacturer's Dante cards on Thomann - Behringer's is by far the cheapest at £360; Yamaha's is £100 more and Soundcraft's is over £1000! I suspect there may be some significant royalties associated with using that protocol as Behringer's other X cards are all a lot cheaper.

...I suspect there may be some significant royalties associated with using that protocol as Behringer's other X cards are all a lot cheaper.
It's "worse" than that; looking at the pictures of the Behringer xdante card, the Behringer card is nothing more than a carrier for an Audinate Brooklyn II module which does all the Dante protocol stuff.

Theres two ways of loking at xdante pricing, depending if you're a glass half empty or half full kind of guy.

On one hand, the Behringer card may be expensive, but the PC end is just software, at a very reasonable at a mere $30, so for a longer version of a USB cable it's overall quite good value, I too just wish the Australasian price for the xdante were more reflective of the USD price. Putting MADI on a PC is certainly not a cheaper option, and a Livewire (a competitor AoIP protocol to Dante) driver for a PC is something like $750!!!

On the other hand, Behringer could implement Dante from the ground up; it's not impossible to to, there is even an open source implementation. Obviously there are royalties to pay, but given that Behringer are all about the volume, I'm sure they could negotiate a very attractive royalty rate, and bring Dante to the masses.

Re: X32-Q for Android Now Available

Hi all

I need a definitive answer before getting a dante card.

i want to replace the FireWire card in my x32 with the dante card but I use the x32 to control my daw (cubase)
if I get the dante card, will the x32 still control cubase in an identical manner to what it does now?

thanks
Pauly