X32 Discussion

Re: Eq gain knob and mute troubles

Just loaded 2.10 on my X32 Rack...don't see any auto mode in the dynamics section? And how do we use DCA's as mute group? And how do I tell what version XMix app I have?

Last edited:

The current remote software versions for X32-Edit and X32-Mix don't support tge new features. Only on the mixer you can use them.
the change of the DCA mute function means that if you activate the new feature the channel mute buttons will blink if you mute the associated DCA.

the version of the mix app is shown when you press the "i" button on the main screen right below the logo. Then you can find the version on the bottom oft the screen.

Dear Jeremy,
The switch “stickiness” found on some of the initial X32 consoles can be easily fixed by cleaning the switches. Please contact our CARE department, as we would be happy help with this. You can email us at [email protected], or give us a call at 702-800-8290 (US) or 44 1562 732290 (UK).

I’d also like to note that on new generation X32s, we have a new switch design that prevents the switch “stickiness" from occurring.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

thanks John my only other concern would be the eq gain know not working correctly . I have to turn it very slow for it to register on the parametric eq.

I´m having the same problem with a 1st generation console. Worked perfectly quite a while but since a few months it feels very sluggish.

Hi Thomas,

I've had the same problem, and I fixed it applying a tiny amount of WD-40 oil around the knob, so it penetrates and reaches the contact. After that, I rotated the knob a few times and it started working again. It's not 100% like a new one, but at least it made it workable. I don't know how this works, but my theory is that the WD-40 oil helps kicking out what was stuck to the contact, causing it to malfunction.

Re: Sticky Button Support Group!

Well, after 150 gigs I do have two sticky buttons on my X32 as well. I wanted to know in detail what is going on, and I found that some of the buttons have minimal burrs. Here is what I did to get rid of them.
BE AWARE: You might void your warranty if doing so. If you are uncertain or having two left feet, don't do it!

Power off the desk and take a sharp modelmaking knife and try to cut the burrs around the button. Please be careful and take your time. If you done it right, the button will work as it should to be.

Some pictures-->

View attachment 11248 View attachment 11249

Christian

and then use Berner PTFE dry-spray - help best :)

View attachment 11294View attachment 11294

Attachments

• berner_ptfe_spray.jpg
    berner_ptfe_spray.jpg
    427.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Can I record to a hard drive?

Hi.
I need a definite confirmation, can I record to a USB hard drive (as opposed to a stick) using the X32 USB recorder?
Any caveats as to what kind of hard drive I should use?
Thanks,
Mick Berg.

Re: Can I record to a hard drive?

Hi.
I need a definite confirmation, can I record to a USB hard drive (as opposed to a stick) using the X32 USB recorder?
Any caveats as to what kind of hard drive I should use?

The manual is quite clear: do not plug *anything* into that USB connector except a flash/thumb drive. No HDD, no SSD, no lights, no keyboards or mice, nothing.

There may be something in a newer rev of manual which I haven't seen, but since I'm the "can't they update the damn manual" guy, I'd be surprised to find there was a newer manual I didn't know about.

Re: X32 Discussion

I'm not especially surprised. That said, I'm pretty sure they wont warranty an overcurrent fail on that port either. ;-)