X32 Discussion

Re: Can I record to a hard drive?

The manual is quite clear: do not plug *anything* into that USB connector except a flash/thumb drive. No HDD, no SSD, no lights, no keyboards or mice, nothing.

There may be something in a newer rev of manual which I haven't seen, but since I'm the "can't they update the damn manual" guy, I'd be surprised to find there was a newer manual I didn't know about.

Yes I plug an led lamp into mine - seem to recall an early picture from Christian ( pre release of the x32) also showed a lamp plugged in here - but if you are unsure don't!

Hey Robert,

The spec for USB 2.0 is 500mA. USB 3.0 is 900mA. I believe the X32 is a USB2.0 compliant device.
The usb connector on top of the x32 is usb 1.x. One of the big reasons that we can't get multitrack recording on our usb-sticks.

The x32 usb-power circuitry allows for approx 1A of power before the protection kicks in.

The usb connector on top of the x32 is usb 1.x. One of the big reasons that we can't get multitrack recording on our usb-sticks.

The x32 usb-power circuitry allows for approx 1A of power before the protection kicks in.
Yep! 48K samples/sec * 32 bits/sample * 32 channels = something a bit north of 49 MBits/sec. USB1.0 spec = 12Mbit/sec.
Interesting choice of USB specs to comply to for Behringer.

Yep! 48K samples/sec * 32 bits/sample * 32 channels = something a bit north of 49 MBits/sec. USB1.0 spec = 12Mbit/sec.
Interesting choice of USB specs to comply to for Behringer.
It is the mcu that handles all usb so they have not so much choise if the mcu is otherwise the perfect match for the rest of its tasks.

Doing what the mcu already is doing I doubt that is has much power left to push all of those audio streams even if the usb was v2.

Anyone attempted using Dante Card + Waves Multirack as inserts + Logic Studio for multi track recording, at the same time -- or to much latency?

I am on a MBP, would like to archive the show to multi track recording while using Multirack live? Asking for problems? Use a second MBP?

Re: X32 Discussion

Hi guys, I'm one of the first customers with X32, very happy about it, but I live on Dominican Republic and as I don't have support for it here, I need to repair it myself... I have technical experience, I was the customer wich Uli sent an lcd screen on 2012 when I received it broken on DR and I fixed it on a breeze!
Now I have sticky mute groups buttons and I opened the board and pulled out the mute groups buttons board but I need the instructions of what should I do now in order to fix it
Please help me as soon as you can!
Blessings,
Jorge Duarte

Anyone attempted using Dante Card + Waves Multirack as inserts + Logic Studio for multi track recording, at the same time -- or to much latency?

I run both Multirack Live and Presonus StudioLive 2 at the same time on either USB or Firewire with the same Mac Mini and have no problems with that setup. I don't see why using the Dante card would cause any issues.

Art

Well, it's a good thing I asked, and didn't rely on the manual.
I guess the thing to do is to use a hard drive that has its own power supply.
Thanks everyone for their input.
Mick Berg.

Hi guys, I'm one of the first customers with X32, very happy about it, but I live on Dominican Republic and as I don't have support for it here, I need to repair it myself... I have technical experience, I was the customer wich Uli sent an lcd screen on 2012 when I received it broken on DR and I fixed it on a breeze!
Now I have sticky mute groups buttons and I opened the board and pulled out the mute groups buttons board but I need the instructions of what should I do now in order to fix it
Blessings,
Jorge Duarte

You probably should have tried some deoxit spray, before ripping it apart...

Blessings,
Jorge Duarte

See Christian's post #10418: https://soundforums.net/threads/4393-X32-Discussion?p=88163&viewfull=1#post88163

... or Walter's post #10434: https://soundforums.net/threads/4393-X32-Discussion?p=88297&viewfull=1#post88297

X32 Dante Card arrived... am I missing something? Running FW 2.10... remove the old card... slide the Dante card in between the two guides, snugs gently into place... put the two screws in, reboot? The Settings -> Card screen is "disabled", cannot arrow over to it.

I replaced Firewire/USB card, recognizes it on reboot. Tried same Dante Card in X32 Core (same FW), no response.

Guessing the card is a dud unless I am missing something?

Last edited:
Saving shows

Today's newbie error: After each show of a run over the past week, I've been dutifully exporting the show to a memory stick just in case of any issues. Good thing I never needed the backups as having just looked on the stick on a computer, each show file was only 48 bytes. Having been using an LS9 for the last few years where saving a show would save the entire state of the desk regardless of whether any scenes had been saved, I expected the same behaviour. Bit disappointing that no warning popped up to say it wasn't actually saving anything useful, particularly when the quick-start guide isn't very clear about that.

X32 Dante Card arrived... am I missing something? Running FW 2.10... remove the old card... slide the Dante card in between the two guides, snugs gently into place... put the two screws in, reboot? The Settings -> Card screen is "disabled", cannot arrow over to it.

I replaced Firewire/USB card, recognizes it on reboot. Tried same Dante Card in X32 Core (same FW), no response.

Guessing the card is a dud unless I am missing something?
Sounds like a dud to me.

Pull it out and check for obvious problems like a bad solder joint or similar. Otherwise replace it as DOA.

Firmware Download Error

Hey everyone
I'm trying to download the latest firmware for the X32 since Last week already but the website is still unavailable..?!? Is there a different site where I can download it from.?

Thanx
Andre

Last edited: