X32 Discussion

Re: X32 Discussion

John, there was a link on one of your pages which I am told had a broken URL. I believe it was mentioned earlier in this thread. I don't know if it's been fixed.

With the latest release, I had reported a broken link on the US site, in the X32 downloads section. It was only the latest version that was broke.

Dear All,
I have checked the download links for 2.10 and it is now working on all X32 pages, at least from here in Los Angeles. If anyone continues to have any trouble downloading, please send me a PM. Thank you!

Sends on Faders?

I'm guessing this has been discussed before.....

I'm after opinions on the X32 Sends-On-Faders process. Three buttons seems a lot to press. Is it a hassle or does it become a reflex action?

The SI Expression, I use at church, has single press access to all 14 mix busses and the LS9 has either single - through the user def buttons - or double button press.

Re: Sends on Faders?

I'm after opinions on the X32 Sends-On-Faders process. Three buttons seems a lot to press. Is it a hassle or does it become a reflex action?

The SI Expression, I use at church, has single press access to all 14 mix busses and the LS9 has either single - through the user def buttons - or double button press.

The user defined keys can be setup to act as instant sends on fader to the mixes... But yes it's a reflex action after awhile...
I still rock those sends via the aux knobs, especially when it's only 4 mixes I'm doing, although these days I'm only doing Foh
On the x32

I don't think I'm tracking on the same thought process. If the bus I want to mix is already selected, it's a single button press to get to mix on faders. If my bus isn't already selected, it's only a one additional press.

The iLive I work on does have a dedicated mix button under every channel, and you can be mixing one bus while watching another, but I don't generally work that way.

Re: Sends on Faders?

I never liked it as much as the one touch, bus/aux, boards.
i would like an option for it to launch into SoF when you select a bus.

Effects Returns on RHS

Is there any way to assign an effects return to one of the RHS faders?

From the X32 and M32 manuals, the bus 1-8 or 9-16 layers appear to be send levels only. Ideally I'd like to have control of the return level, whilst keeping the LHS faders on CH layers 1-16 or 17-32.

Re: Effects Returns on RHS

Is there any way to assign an effects return to one of the RHS faders?

From the X32 and M32 manuals, the bus 1-8 or 9-16 layers appear to be send levels only. Ideally I'd like to have control of the return level, whilst keeping the LHS faders on CH layers 1-16 or 17-32.
You can assign the fx return levels to the rotary knobs. Or use a DCA.

As it happens, Mike, I had my head handed back to me in small pieces for suggesting that might be a Pretty Neat Idea on the Facebook X32 forum...

There's a wiki, but it's moribund and no one's sent me a reply to my query about it.

Yeah, I'm an intermittent user and where I tend to do my gigs is way out in the wopwops where internet access is a distant dream, and having just updated my rackX32, fullsizeX32 and Ipad, I realise there are all sorts of new features and no idea how to use them. Online....Schmonline!.
M