X32 Discussion

Re: X32 Rack is on it´s way

My new toy has arrived, I can fondle away :razz:

AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH !!!! :evil::evil::evil:

Mine arrived the country on saturday and it has been sorted in a location only 180 kilometers from here - ON SATURDAY AFTERNOON - one would expect thet they just might have been capable of delivering it today, but no :?~:-?~:???:

Well - maybe - MAYBE - it will be here tomorrow.

May your fondling be happy - also congratulations for marriage ...

Re: X32 Discussion

if I buy lets say, an iphone or Samsung TV from Europe, here in Romania I benefit form European warranty. Romania its just full of Bheringer products, they are cheap, affordable, and everybody own a couple of them. But again its my fault I didn't check warranty conditions. I bought it from thomann because of the much higher prices that romanian distribuitor had, you can't blame me...

Can't blame you for buying where you get the best price, but I guess we can and will blame you for thinking there were no downsides. Thomann clearly states that any product have to be shipped back to Thomann for warranty repair, Behringer clearly states that products have to be shipped to one of their CARE centres or be taken care of by the dealer. Since dealers and distributors in general are not interested in spending time and money on products they haven't sold, local repair facilities are generally only an option if you pay for it yourself or can arrange local repair with the original dealer, distributor or manufacturer. Sometimes one can work it out, sometimes one can't.

Feature request

Received my X32, S16 a few days ago. Been going through testing etc...Been giving the desk a pretty hard eye but have to say that, thus far, I'm impressed! A potential feature came to mind the other night (it actually comes from working with a very large A&H iLive system). Could the desk be programmed so that you could solo a particular element in an audio path (dyn, eq, gate etc...) in a "simulated mode" so that you could make adjustments, and hear the effect on the solo buss, without actually engaging it into the main's?

For example, in the middle of a show, I want to search for a particular resonant frequency that I'm hearing from some particular source and notch it down a little bit but I dont want the house to hear me sweeping the parametric through that channel. On the iLive system there's a "Select" button that you can press and hold and that will take the output of the processing element that you're messing with and put the output on the PAFL buss without actually engaging it into the main's.

In my example, if I had a button that I could press that would allow me to solo the EQ and sweep through it, listening on the solo buss and hearing the sweep without having this go to the mains as well, I could isolate the freq I want to notch, adjust a notch and then, when I'm happy with it, actually engage the change into the mains (or whatever mixbus).

This can be very handy allowing you to tweak something without it affecting what I'm sending to the house until I get it dialed in the way I want it.

Last edited:
Re: Feature request

For example, in the middle of a show, I want to search for a particular resonant frequency that I'm hearing from some particular source and notch it down a little bit but I dont want the house to hear me sweeping the parametric through that channel. On the iLive system there's a "Select" button that you can press and hold and that will take the output of the processing element that you're messing with and put the output on the PAFL buss without actually engaging it into the main's.

In my example, if I had a button that I could press that would allow me to solo the EQ and sweep through it, listening on the solo buss and hearing the sweep without having this go to the mains as well, I could isolate the freq I want to notch, adjust a notch and then, when I'm happy with it, actually engage the change into the mains (or whatever mixbus).

This can be very handy allowing you to tweak something without it affecting what I'm sending to the house until I get it dialed in the way I want it.

Just off the top of my head so someone may throw me down in flames - but if you have a spare bus could you send the input to this pre eq - have the bus isolated from main send and solo and fiddle with it here - save the setting as a preset and then load into the channel processing on the fly - the only issue I can see is the buses have 6 band eq - so is what happens if this is loaded into a channel strip even if only use 4. MMh!

You dont need a bus for that. If you have a spare channel you can copy the offending channel to a spare channel and then set the channel input, tweak away in solo mode, and then copy the channel back to the original position.

You dont need to do the first copy if you set it up on freehand.

Re: X32 Rack is on it´s way

Hello

Finally - it is here. Everything seems to work fine. As usual, I had trouble with setting network. finally gave up to have it connected with my iMac, but succeeded with two iPads at once. iMac does not approve Apples Airport Extreme II for some reason. Anyway - for real use I will have my old Belinea mini notebook installed in the rack with extra display.

I am content, to say the least...

Now it is time for kid´s birtdayparty for few hours...

Nuuska

You dont need a bus for that. If you have a spare channel you can copy the offending channel to a spare channel and then set the channel input, tweak away in solo mode, and then copy the channel back to the original position.

yes probably better than my first thought!

V2 Feature request

Well since it seams like everybody has gotten to say their V2 request, I'll pitch my idea. Now, I absolutely love my console, it does everything that I need it to do and much more, so this would be more of a "nice to have" feature.

One thing that would be nice to have is the ability to move channels, with their settings and parameters, across the board in an easy way. I know you could copy and paste channels or even save it as preset, but in a situation where time is crucial, doing it that way can be tedious. I was thinking about some button combination like select a channel then hold the "utility" button while pressing the right/left arrow buttons would move that channel while bumping the other channels up or down depending on the direction you are going. Then in the X32-Edit you could simply have an edit mode that lets you drag 'n drop channels to where you want them.

maybe have two settings for it in the general pref page...one where the input sources follows the channels and one where the input sources stay while the channel moves.

Re: V2 Feature request

One thing that would be nice to have is the ability to move channels, with their settings and parameters, across the board in an easy way.

I still have some cases that I have to use more then a few stereo inputs (linked) faders. If (it's asked before I think) I could link channels from layer 1 to layer 2 that would help me highly to keep the rest on 1 layer.
For instance if I can link 14 to 30, 15 to 31 and 16 to 32, I have 3 stereo inputs I can adjust on both layers if needed. (Doesn't matter what layer is selected) and I can also put up to 13 mono inputs at the same layer instead of just 10...

Well since it seams like everybody has gotten to say their V2 request, I'll pitch my idea. Now, I absolutely love my console, it does everything that I need it to do and much more, so this would be more of a "nice to have" feature.

One thing that would be nice to have is the ability to move channels, with their settings and parameters, across the board in an easy way. I know you could copy and paste channels or even save it as preset, but in a situation where time is crucial, doing it that way can be tedious. I was thinking about some button combination like select a channel then hold the "utility" button while pressing the right/left arrow buttons would move that channel while bumping the other channels up or down depending on the direction you are going. Then in the X32-Edit you could simply have an edit mode that lets you drag 'n drop channels to where you want them.

maybe have two settings for it in the general pref page...one where the input sources follows the channels and one where the input sources stay while the channel moves.

+1
I use a Motu rig ( waiting for a digital out solution with the rack / core via interface card )

Livemixing_en

and am used to drag and drop channel strips easily on the touchscreen...

Please, Behringer, include this in the x32-edit app, and at the same time also include a remote control feedback switch as suggested some posts ago to be able to know where a BCF2000 actually controls

Thanks for listening

Klaus

Last edited:

This, or Nick's idea, would work. Would be nice though to have some sort of "PREVIEW" button on each audio processing block that would allow you to sample your tweaking directly. Thanks guy's!

+1 on this idea!

I still have some cases that I have to use more then a few stereo inputs (linked) faders. If (it's asked before I think) I could link channels from layer 1 to layer 2 that would help me highly to keep the rest on 1 layer.
For instance if I can link 14 to 30, 15 to 31 and 16 to 32, I have 3 stereo inputs I can adjust on both layers if needed. (Doesn't matter what layer is selected) and I can also put up to 13 mono inputs at the same layer instead of just 10...

Vertical pairing was mentioned a long time ago in this thread (try post #2376 on 10/24/12).

Surely people are reading the WHOLE THREAD before posting stuff......?

:D~:-D~:grin:

Last edited:
X32 Rack has arrived - setting up

Hello again

Children´s birthdayparty was success - lots of swetty reddish kids after three hour in local HopLop - what a horrible place for an adult... medium noise around 80dB - A-wheighted

Back to work this morning and first setup with final equipment.

Included in picture from left to right.
- old Belinea s.book1 with 7" touchscreen - just the right size for iNuke Remote Connect
- brand new X32Rack with Apple Airport Extreme WiFi-router and iPad Mini on top
- old 15" HP L1520 second display for Belinea - just the right size for XControl - the leg comes off and display will be permanently mounted on hinged lid of the rack.

Missing from picture is APC Powerstack 450 - 1-unit UPS, that goes on bottom of the rack - plus 1-unit accessory drawer for transporting computer and router and iPad.

I think I found reason for my yesterdays set-up difficulties - the connections in router are a bit baffling - but then again - I am an old dog - anyway - I tried to connect into WAN-port plus Ethernet port and had no connection - finally realized, that both computer and X32Rack have to be connected in Ethernet ports. So router works here different than when extending home network.

Now I have to make nice 5 meter snake including Ethernet from notebook to router and back to X32R plus power feed for router. 5 meters should be long enough to let me put the router in high place - i.e. on top of PA-cabinet - where the free airspace to iPad will be fine.

IMG_1394.jpg

There seems to be one problem - on XControl the meters do not work - I must have old version of it - perhaps cleaning the notebook so that only XControl and iNuke Remote Connect remain will solve this issue. This is going to be a wonderful "retirement-set-up" for old guy like me. Just one little box to haul.

Nuuska

Re: X32 Rack has arrived - setting up

Hello again

Children´s birthdayparty was success - lots of swetty reddish kids after three hour in local HopLop - what a horrible place for an adult... medium noise around 80dB - A-wheighted

Back to work this morning and first setup with final equipment.

Included in picture from left to right.
- old Belinea s.book1 with 7" touchscreen - just the right size for iNuke Remote Connect
- brand new X32Rack with Apple Airport Extreme WiFi-router and iPad Mini on top
- old 15" HP L1520 second display for Belinea - just the right size for XControl - the leg comes off and display will be permanently mounted on hinged lid of the rack.

Missing from picture is APC Powerstack 450 - 1-unit UPS, that goes on bottom of the rack - plus 1-unit accessory drawer for transporting computer and router and iPad.

I think I found reason for my yesterdays set-up difficulties - the connections in router are a bit baffling - but then again - I am an old dog - anyway - I tried to connect into WAN-port plus Ethernet port and had no connection - finally realized, that both computer and X32Rack have to be connected in Ethernet ports. So router works here different than when extending home network.

Now I have to make nice 5 meter snake including Ethernet from notebook to router and back to X32R plus power feed for router. 5 meters should be long enough to let me put the router in high place - i.e. on top of PA-cabinet - where the free airspace to iPad will be fine.

View attachment 8164

There seems to be one problem - on XControl the meters do not work - I must have old version of it - perhaps cleaning the notebook so that only XControl and iNuke Remote Connect remain will solve this issue. This is going to be a wonderful "retirement-set-up" for old guy like me. Just one little box to haul.

Nuuska

Ehm... Just how old are you? :razz: