X32 Discussion

Re: NAMM

I wonder if a couple of you would be willing to help me know what effects and effect parameters you use for vocals on your X32. That would give me a good starting point to play with further.

I normally do a short verb (room), a longer plate verb (such as the EMT) with a fairly high HPF, and tap tempo delay (with HPF and LPF and upper midrange eq cuts to taste) on the lead vox. (BTW if you are wondering how to EQ your FX returns, route them to your Aux inputs)

I do tweak the FX parameters, but it's mostly a taste thing, you can find decent presets as a good starting point. I'll use a little bit of the room verb, more of the plate, and the delay to taste. If it's indoors depending on the room I may not use the room verb and will use less of the plate too.

Add the de-esser, and compress accordingly. I'll probably start using the multiband comp or the 1176 on lead vox once I get v2. I tend to use more compression when the band is on IEM's and stage volume is well under control.

Keep in mind, these are just general ideas. Things change depending on the type of performance etc, what I listed above isn't "right", just one example that may work in SOME scenarios.

Last edited:
Re: NAMM

I think it could. But that is clearly not an option in marketing terms. Now the Midas M32 is here. Now for more important questions.. Could a M32 load X32 scenes? I would ask if i was at Namm but i am not..

one would be tempted to believe that with the exception of some features unique to the M32 (mainly the assignments for the second card slot), the two desks would speak the same language.

As for 96 kHz, when it get implemented for M32, it should be easy to do it for the X32 as well except that the i/o will have to be treated differently. Will they do it? Probably not, as anyone absolutely needing 96 kHz should be willing to pay the extra money for a M32.

Re:2.0

Ok, started saving scenes in 2.01, and none of the show info shows up at the top of the display. Solution: On the Setup/Global tab, set Show Control to "Scenes".
photo.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 2.0

Does the M32 have two card slots??! Or i just misunderstod what you did write?

Or maybe not:

"An additional expansion slot is also included,"
- I assumed that it meant an additional slot, the one that is populated and an additional one.

"A wide array of X-Expansion Cards can easily be used in place of the pre-installed X-USB card"
- but it seems I was mistaken, sorry.

Ugh. I wish I had another week before tech rehearsals. I'm loading in now and wish I could use 2.0....

MUST.
BE.
PATIENT.

So very hard. I told my coworker I wanted him to install it for use in services this sunday. He looked at me like I had lost my mind.

I'm seeing that there is a price drop announced. Does anyone know what it is?

well,the pics prove it. The M32 IS an X32 with a different case and buttons. That back panel is identical to the X32 save for the little lite plug.

+1 on that. Someone noted before that's M32 is how X32 should've look like from the beginning. M32 look is cool, but I agree, it's an X32 in a slightly different package. Hopefully there will be more differences in electronics and firmware. Although I'd rather have cross-compatibility with X32 peripherals.

Price wise, there's another thread on this forum dedicated to "New MIDAS desk" (small one). Someone quoted $4999 US list price. I would guess it will be about $4K street, pretty reasonable for a cool look alone.

Re: X32 Discussion

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is what looks like a far superior screen angle.

If the faders and encoders are legitimately Midas stock, and 96K becomes a reality I'm sure they will sell lots.

Was really hoping for a Dante enabled stagebox, what with the Dante card being introduced.

Sent from my iPhone

My thought is, people who have to have "the name", will jump quickly, and then they will come out with the M48, and dupe us again!

All good, though. It looks good.
I still wish the aux ins and FX returns were fully capable in the new X32 2.0 software.