X32 Discussion

Re: iPad app proposal

I allways used an ipad for the x3......

Just setting delays on outputs while walking through the venue is for the ipad. However I get frustrated EACH time because I can't finetune the delays as good and easy as I want, adjusting means to far up or down, I think behringer has to look to the new soundcraft app, that's a joy to adjust... (It's for all settings to be honest also eq...)

Hello

Back home again with my iPad - I found, that if I use encoders as sliders, all others are very easy to use expect delay on input - but if you use the round gesture, all others react rapidly to swiping around them, but delay requires multiple turns, thus allowing fine tuning.

This all in demo mode.

I could not find output delay control in iPad - must have overlooked something simple.

EDIT. found the output delay on iPad

Last edited:

The rumor has it that the ipad will have split screen to run multiple programs side by side. One can only hope...
Rumour has it that most humans haven't got the eyesight and the fingers to operate such a thing.
Maybe we can train our hamsters to mix on a multi-window iPad mini, they've probably got better hearing anyway.

Last edited:

Rumour has it that most humans haven't got the eyesight and the fingers to operate such a thing.
Maybe we can train our hamsters to mix on a multi-window iPad mini, they've probably got better hearing anyway.

Hello

iPad2 visible area is roughly 148mm x 198mm in vertical position. Using picture ratio of 3/4 divided mixer pages would be 99mm high and 132mm wide = 165mm diagonal. iPad mini is 200mm diagonal.
3/4 page format would leave 16mm strip left over. That could be used for example for permanent master fader - iPad mini has 17mm fader strips. There would also be perfect place for two extra switches. Hitting them would determine, wich one of the two pages comes full size horizontal. This way those with clumsy fingers and lesser eyesight could tweak delicate stuff. Turning iPad vertically would automatically return two pages.

The new iPads have enough resolution to accomplish this without degrading sharpness - old iPad .....

Idea with hamsters is fascinating - there was news the other day, that telepatic transmission has bee reported between two researchers in controlled conditions. Although only a short greeting was expressed, it was a start. While it takes years - propably decades - to develope this to level, where we could transmit complex verses telepatically, we could use the time training them hamsters to obey and understand how modern soundsystem works...

Naturally the performer having space-helmet hamster in f.o.h. would have to be darn good, so the hamster would not steal the show :lol: :lol: :lol:

Naturally the performer having space-helmet hamster in f.o.h. would have to be darn good, so the hamster would not steal the show :lol: :lol: :lol:

Biggest problem with hamster sound guys is that they all insist on coax or fibre optical because they have this aversion to CAT.

S16

Are the S16 digital snake stage racks susceptible to any interference if they are placed next or on top of any particular gear. Are they safe to put in a rack on stage that also houses the amps? This is for an install.

Re: S16

Are the S16 digital snake stage racks susceptible to any interference if they are placed next or on top of any particular gear. Are they safe to put in a rack on stage that also houses the amps? This is for an install.

Hello

Before I switched over to X32R I used to have one S16 mounted on top of t.amp TSA4-700 - touching each other - never any issues - analog x-former psu.

Re: X32 Discussion

Add some kind of status indicator the shows the X32 actually connected to a router.

Eliminate the cassette display in the recorder and replace it with something more up to date. Add search via search bar when playing back From USB stick.

Hello

I wish that I could open "double window" in iPad vertical position. Individual screens would be only slightly smaller than horizontal iPad mini single window

One could be open f.e. as DCA-faders while the other could be used for individual channel tweek or monitor setup or....

This feature would have dramatic improvement in workflow in my opinion.

This idea spurs from contemplation of attaching two iPad minis together for more flexibility.

Another way would be to have two or more pages sweepable in vertical direction. iPad held horizontally.

How greedy can I get :twisted:

Seems I can get very greedy - why not combine both - single page horizontally - two pages while iPad is vertical - in both cases vertical scrolling for more pages...

I use a Laptop for all my "console" stuff and a cheap Android tablet that only has my DCA faders on it. It works really well this way. Occasionally one or the other will get out of sync and require me to resync with the desk, but it's not bad. And since I have 2 devices I rarely ever lose control of the desk.

The only time I lose complete control is when I have Wifi issues. and that would happen no matter what system you use....

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 1

I use a Laptop for all my "console" stuff and a cheap Android tablet that only has my DCA faders on it. It works really well this way. Occasionally one or the other will get out of sync and require me to resync with the desk, but it's not bad. And since I have 2 devices I rarely ever lose control of the desk.

The only time I lose complete control is when I have Wifi issues. and that would happen no matter what system you use....

Is that an X61? If so I'm rocking almost the same setup, an iPad instead of the Android tablet. Works very well, even if I have a FOH position in the crowd I'll still set them up, often with SmaartTools on the iPad.

20140823_213654608_iOS.jpg

Re: X32 Discussion - new firmware

Rumour has it that there will be a new release of firmware in a few days - 2.07 to be in step with Midas? or something else?

Rumour has it that there will be a new release of firmware in a few days - 2.07 to be in step with Midas? or something else?

Good GOD I hope it is something else ..... ie something that brings the current features of the console to both the X32 Edit and X32 Mix applications. I would also like them to put out a fix for the lag in the update on X32 Mix when you change pages. It isn't a job killer, but it is annoying.

Good GOD I hope it is something else ..... ie something that brings the current features of the console to both the X32 Edit and X32 Mix applications. I would also like them to put out a fix for the lag in the update on X32 Mix when you change pages. It isn't a job killer, but it is annoying.

If it IS 2.07, and that .07X32 is the same as .07M32....... Hmmm. Hmmm indeed. <drums fingers>

I would also like them to put out a fix for the lag in the update on X32 Mix when you change pages. It isn't a job killer, but it is annoying.

I don't expect much improvement there before they address one of the intrinsic limitations of the Behringer OSC-implementation. Currently the implementation doesn't support bundles, so as far as I know (haven't Wiresharked the communication lately) page change updates are still dependent on the parameters being requested one by one, and if you for any reason have a bit of ping time, the update can become sluggish.