X32 Discussion

Re: Case/doghouse tray idea...

Not for install, but yes, for mobile. all things included, roughly 225 to 250lbs. If the EZ tilt can flip a 400lb PM4 or XL4, it can certainly flip my little guy.

I think it's hilarious that you've turned a console that I can carry under my arm into something that requires an easy tilt, and a two man lift... to each his own... I like the idea, and the workmanship.

Re: CAT5 cable recommendations...?

I see the mistake I made. I didn't define my problem in enough detail.
I have a couple of 50m Cat5 drums for the main run from stage to FOH.
My problem is with the drops from the P16D to the P16 mixers on the stage.
The runs are 10-15m.
I'm after half a dozen of these, rather than one long one on a drum. I don't need another drum.
<snip>

These say "flexible" whatever that means in the network patching world:

CAT 6A 10 Gig Patch Lead - Blue 10m

I think it's hilarious that you've turned a console that I can carry under my arm into something that requires an easy tilt, and a two man lift... to each his own... I like the idea, and the workmanship.

Shane,
I appreciate your comment. I know it is a bit overkill for most users, but I think it will serve me well in the manner in which I use it - mostly musical theater. Luckily, my clients provide me with free labor on the setup and strike days, so I will seldom be lifting the case myself. Plus, I already have the EZ tilt just sitting around....

Some requests for future hardware and software upgrades.

Got a bit busy yesterday, too busy it turned out.

1. Forgot to bring my tuner - could we maybe have a tuner as an effect insert?

2. Didn't have a table for the extras - it would be quite handy if the X32 had a iPad slit on the top left hand side, right where the logo and the name is, would both be handy and quite stylish me thinks, something similar to what's on the new roland, but neater.....

3. Someone had use my headphones, so the 6.3 mm adapter was missing (I keep buying the screw on akg type by the 10s), maybe the future could see the headphone outlet doubled up with both 6.3 and 3.5 mm sockets????

4. Funny thing, I plugged some instruments into aux and called them up from the channels, all normal, but when I switched back to the channel input because I needed more gain than the aux could give me, the channel still showed "Trim" at the gain knob, leading me to search frantically for a patching error. I finally gave up and just turned up the "Trim" and it did indeed give me gain past +12dB, I'll investigate this when I get to the console again, but very strange and confusing.....or it might just be me :?~:-?~:???:

5. Can I please have my S16 soon, pleeeeeease?????????

Re: CAT5 cable recommendations...?

These say "flexible" whatever that means in the network patching world:

CAT 6A 10 Gig Patch Lead - Blue 10m

It means it's designed for patching between structured wiring outlet panels in a tall 19"rack cab and the switches and routers etc mounted in the cab, running round lots of bends and in an out of comb style cable guides - so it should have stranded conductors and a pretty flexible sheath - mine are at least as flexible as my mic cables, if not more so.

Silly Questions

Hi.

Here's my thoughts on what somehow escalated into a major issue.

1. "There's no such thing as a silly question". This is a universally accepted addage.

2. I don't apologize for the "Unlock" question, I was in a bind and needed help. And I received it very quickly from several forum members and a Behringer Staff person.

3. I do apologize for the USB question. One of my faults has always been that I don't thoroughly explore all the possibilities before crying for help. Even now, when I can't find a particular piece of gear at a gig, I have to pinch myself and say "Mick, look in every possible place before whining to the project manager!"

4. I was not offended in the least by the reference to high blood pressure (which I do have, being 65 years young.) I found it amusing.

5. I've been a sound engineer since before most of you guys were born, at college I learned valve/tube technology, that's all there was! For a few years I was a final test engineer, at guess where..........Midas! I built customised consoles for Pink Floyd and Supertramp, whom I then joined as PA technician. I've plugged a few things in in my life. So it had nothing to do with being a newbie.

With that, I suggest this topic be closed.

Thanks,
Mick Berg.

Last edited:
Re: Does X32 produce uninterrupted audio during a reboot?

I'm bumping this post as I never got a reply to it. Has anyone ever rebooted the console during a show, or had it crash during a show, and did the console continue to produce audio in its last state throughout the reboot?

As I've said before, I will have an X32 to play with in a couple of days, and I will be able to answer my own question.

Thanks,
Mick Berg.

This question was not really what I should have asked. Of course it will lose audio while rebooting. However, if and when the console freezes, does it continue to pass audio. Then one can at least struggle through (by hiding under the console table) until the end of the song, and then do the reboot. But of course we have to have a console freeze to find out, and so far, I don't think anyone has reported one, which is a Good Thing.

Mick Berg.

Having problems with recent Ableton Live updates on Windows 7 Pro PC

After installing Ableton Live 9 beta software I can no longer choose the Behringer X-UF USB driver as audio devices. Windows 7 Pro 32 bit

And that applies to previous Live version now as well. Live crashes whenever I try to choose the X-UF audio device.

The PC also crashed twice with the X32 connected.

I re-installed the driver but that made no difference.

Yet this does not happen on my other PC which runs Windows 8 64 bit with Live 9 beta 64 bit.

Anyone else having such a problem?

Re: Request for a change in XControl

I would like to see a different graphic for pre-fader as opposed to post-fader aux sends in the "sends" (wrong..........see edit) section of the Home screen. At the moment they are the same, so you can't tell quickly if you have set up your aux busses correctly.

And, if it's the same on the actual X32, the change should be made there as well.

EDIT: Correction! I am describing the wrong thing!!! I mean the "Bus Sends" section on the far right of the Home Screen.

Sorry about that.
:blush:

EDIT # 2: Now that I have a real X32 in front of me, I see that the graphics are correct, pre-and post- bus sends are different.

Thanks,
Mick Berg.

Now that I have a real X32 in front of me, I see that the graphics are correct, pre-and post- bus sends are different.

Mick Berg.

Re: XiControl 1.2 Available

Hello

Not being at console - but using iPad in offline-mode I found one possible problem...

When I select EQ OFF and LOW-CUT ON I get a curve @ +6dB having low-cut where the slider sets it AND hi-cut with 0dB @ 16kHz.....!!!!!

Now being 9.05 in the evening - it is too late to drive to my warehouse to see if this is the same with X32 - hope not

Other than this - the numerical display, that comes visible when moving fader is really cool.

OH OH - now it is gone - I spent some time tweaking other things, too - but I DID try the low-cut on couple channels and they all behaved the same... Now mysteriously they all act as supposed - could this be some "when first connected" - thing ?

I am sober at this moment - I never use drugs - I am not prone to hallusinations - did anybody else have this low-cut phenomenom?????

Peace

image.jpg

Like this one?

I've only ued it in offline mode so far...

/--R

Hello

Not being at console - but using iPad in offline-mode I found one possible problem...

When I select EQ OFF and LOW-CUT ON I get a curve @ +6dB having low-cut where the slider sets it AND hi-cut with 0dB @ 16kHz.....!!!!!

Now being 9.05 in the evening - it is too late to drive to my warehouse to see if this is the same with X32 - hope not

Other than this - the numerical display, that comes visible when moving fader is really cool.

OH OH - now it is gone - I spent some time tweaking other things, too - but I DID try the low-cut on couple channels and they all behaved the same... Now mysteriously they all act as supposed - could this be some "when first connected" - thing ?

I am sober at this moment - I never use drugs - I am not prone to hallusinations - did anybody else have this low-cut phenomenom?????

Peace

I got the same thing. Ill try it out my gig tonight. However I suspect its just the "offline mode" bc you also cant link channel or a lot of other functions in offline mode

Hi Guys,

This is only an issue if you are using the iPad app offline, not connected to an X32.

It works perfect when connected to the X32.

I have alerted our development team.

Best
Joe Sanborn
Manager, Channel Marketing
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER

Shane,
I appreciate your comment. I know it is a bit overkill for most users, but I think it will serve me well in the manner in which I use it - mostly musical theater. Luckily, my clients provide me with free labor on the setup and strike days, so I will seldom be lifting the case myself. Plus, I already have the EZ tilt just sitting around....

Sounds good to me. I'm one of the guys that schleps touring consoles in/out of our PAC. At 250#, that's a box of air compared with moving a PM5D, PM1D, Cadac *anything*, or Midas XL or Heritage. Most shows have 3 or 4 300# racks plus the mixer/surface. Just cutting 1 rack makes me smile.

Now wearing my regional sound company hat... recently we worked with a country artist that had a AVID Profile/mixrack or SC48 (can't remember which). In the case, behind the keyboard, the BE mounted a MacMini and KVM switch. He used the Mini to run Smaart, iTunes, set list notes and record the show with ProTools. The switch flipped between the Mini and the console. He also had a little i/o panel built into the doghouse to make for easy patching. No carry rack, everything fits in the case.

There are a couple other theatre sound mixers on these forums and I recall a couple of posts regarding using the X32 on musicals. Your observations will be most welcome.

Recording in Reaper

Hey Guys, I have a question regarding Reaper and the X32. I think this may have been answered before. I have followed this thread from the beginning, but I can't seem to find it as I go back through it. I have also done a search but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I have gone through the seminar Joe posted regarding reaper and the X32 and I don't believe it was mentioned in there.

I would like to have a control room mix and a monitor mix for the recording musician. in the control room mix, I would like to have all channels that are unmuted play back through the x32. (I have figured out how to do this and it works fine!)

When the musician is recording, how can I set up a mix for him that will only play what he/she wants to hear? I would like to use the "monitor" button in Reaper to designate what he/she hears. I intend on having the musician's mix be fed from one of the outputs on the X32. I was thinking output number 1.

An example of this would be: Sitting in the control room while the drummer is tracking drums, I would like to hear the drums and the click track in the control room. The drummer only wants to hear the click track and no drums.

I believe this will have to be a setting in Reaper, and perhaps I should be starting a new thread for this, but I swore it was answered somewhere and I just can't find it. If someone could let me know how to do it or where to find it, that would be great and I would really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

Karl