X32 Discussion

Re: Screen Refresh Bug

Little bugs like that are annoying but thankfully liveable...

Didnt see that problem But one thing i can say those Dessers Dont work worth a poop if there working then these deaf ears cant here them work.

But i can hear my BSS dessers work with with my analog system..Hummmm :)

They need a little work..

Hopefully they will fix them soon..

Re: AFL - PFL issue

Can AFL & PFL be assigned to the assign buttons?

Hi Paul,

You can change PFL/AFL options through the Monitor tab under the Monitor section of the X32 under the Solo Functions column.
You cannot assign a button for the APL/PFL, through an assign button.

I hope it helps.

Best Regards,
Joe Sanborn
Manager, Product Support
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER

Re: AFL - PFL issue

Hi Paul,

You can change PFL/AFL options through the Monitor tab under the Monitor section of the X32 under the Solo Functions column.
You cannot assign a button for the APL/PFL, through an assign button.

Thanks Joe.
I had found that method, but that is very slow when wanting to change between soloing PFL for inputs and wanting to AFL output busses.
two possible solutions for upgrades.
1. Have option on monitor tab: PFL input channels. AFL on Buses, Groups, DCAs.
2. Have the option to make one of the assign buttons a switch between PFL & AFL.

is this an issue for anyone else?

Paul

Re: X32 Behringer don't like me and won't let me join their forum

Hi Paul,

Sorry for any troubles joining the BEHRINGER forum. I just contacted our forum admin. He had the following to say:

"Did he sign up for the forum under his real name, as per the "real name policy?" This accounts for 99.9% of the registration deletions. I would suggest he try again with his real name, formatted as two words. If he signed up as say, joesmith1978, then it might have gotten mixed up with the 300+ spam accounts we delete daily".

I would recommend to try again setting up your account. If you are still having issues please let me know and I will help further.

Best Regards,
Joe Sanborn
Manager, Product Support
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER

Thanks Joe - redid the application, with identical details - and my real name again, and this time ok. I guess it got caught with the spam ones, although my note via the contact the webmaster didn't get a reply either. I'm in now - so thanks. Paul

X32 Noisy Cooling Fan

Hello,

I'm using my X32 for a couple of days now, but noticed that my desk produce a lot of noise by the cooling fan . The fan is running at full-power blowing air from under the desk.

A review on the internet says "the (very quiet) slow-speed cooling fan on the bottom of the desk". My cooling fan is running at full-speed is this normal, a setting or a defective? Because I use it in churches a noisy fan is a problem.

Last edited:
Re: X32 Noisy Cooling Fan

Hi to all, today i have a problem with a inear vocal system. I go directly out of the x32 into the Sennheiser EW300 iem and have a lot of digital noise on the headphone. I have it on ALL 16 output channel. I unplugged all other input and output devices and still the noise. I have change the xlr cable, still noise.

Now i have put a di-box between the X32 and ew300 and have delete the noise.

I have use the ew300 with all my old 3 mixer´s without any problem till today so i think its a problem of the x32. Is it normal or a Bug ? Should i send the X32 to repair ?

@ Robert: My Fan is also noisey ....

Would you please provide a few more details?

Exactly which output is it connected to? Is that output an xlr, TRS or unbalanced 1/4"? How is it connected to the back of the IEM in the same manner? Are they stereo or mono?

So, to be clear, what exact DI box did you connect inbetween the two? The output must have decreased to mic level by doing that, causing you to have to increase the gain substantially on the iem? Looks like the DI was acting as an Isolation transformer.

So, you said you tried all 16 outputs (all 16 xlr line outs). Do you get the noise when monitoring the headphone jack on the transmitter, or is it only in the iem reciever? Have you tried a powered speaker or something on the same outputs, to see if it's audible there?

By providing exact details, you help us help you...

Hi to all, today i have a problem with a inear vocal system. I go directly out of the x32 into the Sennheiser EW300 iem and have a lot of digital noise on the headphone. I have it on ALL 16 output channel. I unplugged all other input and output devices and still the noise. I have change the xlr cable, still noise.

Now i have put a di-box between the X32 and ew300 and have delete the noise.

I have use the ew300 with all my old 3 mixer´s without any problem till today so i think its a problem of the x32. Is it normal or a Bug ? Should i send the X32 to repair ?

@ Robert: My Fan is also noisey ....

Last edited:

Hey guys, got an urgent issue...
I was about to ready my console for another show next weekend, and figure out the snake routing etc... so i'm in my shop, I power up my snake heads, and then flip on the console. The console menu lights come on, sorta dim, and nothing else is happening, no boot sequence etc... Any ideas? I used the console last weekend without issue... and it rode probably 20 minutes in a passenger van in a roadcase back to my shop...so it didn't take any physical abuse.
anybody else have this happen? power supply?

OUCH. Sorry to hear that, Shane. Did you try the console with no other i/o connected at the desk? Wondering out loud if something in the external i/o or CAT5 could interfere with the desk if either/both went wonky. Otherwise it sounds like a PSU issue to me, too. Maybe dropped a rail?

The other usual suspects are a loose or intermittent connection, bad solder, yada yada yada.

Good luck, and let us know how this sorts out.

search for Sennheiser IEM Noise on the A&H homepage in the FAQ section,
there is a known issue on G1/G2 models,
basically you need to make an XLR cable with 47nF soldered from Pin1 to Pin2 and Pin 1 to Pin 3

hope this helps

Uwe

OUCH. Sorry to hear that, Shane. Did you try the console with no other i/o connected at the desk? Wondering out loud if something in the external i/o or CAT5 could interfere with the desk if either/both went wonky. Otherwise it sounds like a PSU issue to me, too. Maybe dropped a rail?

The other usual suspects are a loose or intermittent connection, bad solder, yada yada yada.

Good luck, and let us know how this sorts out.

Ya i was thinking the same tim, everything was plugged into apc power strip (snake heads and console). Cat 5 into console
Snake head #1 didnt power up at first, it took 2-3 cycles of the power switch, snake head 2 powered right up
Console was turned on last... Nuthin. I dont bave a meter cause my tool carry is in theback of my truck at another gig, but its my shop for frig sakes.., stable 120v. Ill be curious to hearwhat it is too... I just got this console back for a slipped belt on a fader. I cant have this kind of failure especially since i could have as easily been powering this console up at a gig instead of the shop. And guess what (behinger) nobody is manning the customer service lines on a saturday when 99% of your live users are working. I was figuring it out at breakfast that 30,000 units sold x estimated $3000 each is $90million. Could you hire a summer student to field a tech question on a saturday? Please?

Hey guys, got an urgent issue...
I was about to ready my console for another show next weekend, and figure out the snake routing etc... so i'm in my shop, I power up my snake heads, and then flip on the console. The console menu lights come on, sorta dim, and nothing else is happening, no boot sequence etc... Any ideas? I used the console last weekend without issue... and it rode probably 20 minutes in a passenger van in a roadcase back to my shop...so it didn't take any physical abuse.
anybody else have this happen? power supply?

Hi Shane,

Sorry to hear you are having an issue.
Might want to also get the latest firmware on a stick, then try booting with that stick in USB port, might reload the OS if something is corrupted.

I will PM you my number, call to discuss.

Best Regards,
Joe Sanborn
Manager, Product Support
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER

Hello,

I'm using my X32 for a couple of days now, but noticed that my desk produce a lot of noise by the cooling fan . The fan is running at full-power blowing air from under the desk.

A review on the internet says "the (very quiet) slow-speed cooling fan on the bottom of the desk". My cooling fan is running at full-speed is this normal, a setting or a defective? Because I use it in churches a noisy fan is a problem.

Hi Robert,

The fan is pretty quiet, not completely silent, but almost inaudible. If yours is different, you have a problem and should seek repair. There are many people in this thread (Chase, Joe, Fiona, etc.) who can help you, but this is Saturday, so you may need to wait.

Where are you? That might help them to determine who will help.

Good luck,
Dan

Ya i was thinking the same tim, everything was plugged into apc power strip (snake heads and console). Cat 5 into console
Snake head #1 didnt power up at first, it took 2-3 cycles of the power switch, snake head 2 powered right up
Console was turned on last... Nuthin. I dont bave a meter cause my tool carry is in theback of my truck at another gig, but its my shop for frig sakes.., stable 120v. Ill be curious to hearwhat it is too... I just got this console back for a slipped belt on a fader. I cant have this kind of failure especially since i could have as easily been powering this console up at a gig instead of the shop. And guess what (behinger) nobody is manning the customer service lines on a saturday when 99% of your live users are working. I was figuring it out at breakfast that 30,000 units sold x estimated $3000 each is $90million. Could you hire a summer student to field a tech question on a saturday? Please?

Sounds like a bad power strip or outlets within the power strip? It's odd that two devices would exhibit the same behavior, and the only common thing seems to be the power strip.

Good luck,
Dan

I changed the console to a direct wall outlet, but do you think whatever was done was done? Apc power strip with green light to indicate good power, with a red led beside it (unlit) should there be an issue. I guess the strip could have issue without indicating , but again. I used the apc with my dbx driverack stuff before moving it into the x16 snake head rack..., no issues... Hmmm. Also a small analog behringer console was plugged into the same strip and hasn't blinked

Re: X32 Discussion received excellent service with X32

First let me say I am most likely the first to complain when there are faults, however I try to be the first to give credit where credit is due. The experience I had with my X32 issues and the ultimate resolution was nothing short of amazing. Please let me explain
I bought my X32 in December 2012 from Long & McQuade 10204 107 Ave Edmonton Alberta Canada. The guys there have always been excellent to deal with especially the manager, Greg , and the guys in the recording department. I had also been in contact about my intermittent phantom issues with the X32, such as name strips going dark, losing settings, track select buttons sticking and aux send buss cutting in and out . These were random and not easy to replicate on demand. I talked with Chase McNight in support in the USA on many occasions and he was always very kind, very patient and helpful regarding the issues I was having understanding the proper routeing for recording with the X32 on the PC . I mentioned also to him that I was having some phantom issues and we a greed to watch things for a while to see if the issues were just one time glitches. Turns out they were not. He transferred me to Edwin Barcenas at the Music Group Care team. Edwin was awesome and we agreed to send the X32 back for servicing. I thought it best to send it back through my dealer but did not wish to send it until the dealer had a loaner as my unit was still functional and I was in the middle of a few projects. Edwin had no problem with this. He took all my information plus my dealers information. I called my dealer and left Edwin's contact information with them. After about two weeks my dealer called and said my loaner was in. I took my X32 to them and when I got there , they said "Oh we might as well just give you the new X32 as it may take a while to get the other one back and it would be easier for you not having to disconnect everything again". Well you could have knocked me over with a feather ! I have never in my life experienced this level of customer service . I was always sold on Long & McQuade but Behringer has now totally sold me on their products .Their support turned out to be second to none. I now have my new X32 , (new fader caps two,surprise !), and things seem to be working much better . I finally got the PC remote to work too (there are a few glitches with the remote but I will sort them out. Makes me feel ashamed I complained about traction. Sorry, ULI , you truly are trying and succeeding in making an affordable ,game changing product while at the same time providing the best customer support I have ever seen. You really did get the important things right. , Brand new board almost 6 months after I bought the first one. Wow ! Thank you so much, Chase , Edwin, ULI at the Music Group. Thank you to Greg and his great staff at Long and McQuade 10204 107 St Edmonton Alberta Canada . I cannot recommend both of these companies enough. Barry :D~:-D~:grin::D~:-D~:grin: Disclaimer: I do not have any affiliation other than as a customer with any of the above mentioned companies .

I changed the console to a direct wall outlet, but do you think whatever was done was done? Apc power strip with green light to indicate good power, with a red led beside it (unlit) should there be an issue. I guess the strip could have issue without indicating , but again. I used the apc with my dbx driverack stuff before moving it into the x16 snake head rack..., no issues... Hmmm. Also a small analog behringer console was plugged into the same strip and hasn't blinked

Dunno.

The part about the S16 first showing a problem, and then the X32 later showing a similar problem is what made me think of the strip. The new detail about later powering from a separate source but having the same problem is discouraging.

Sounds like you get to interact with the service center...

How is the S16 now? Do you have a second console available to check it with? What happens when you just plug it in to an outlet without the X32?

Good luck!

Dear Shane:

I am sorry to see you experiencing issues with your X32.
I will get one of my USA team, to reach out to you on Monday
In the meantime I have sent you a PM so we can get the ball rolling.

Best Regards

Ian Riley
VP MUSIC Group CARE
MUSIC Group
Behringer