X32 Discussion

Re: iPad Connectivity

I know there is someone daring who has updated their iPad to iOS7. Anyone care to comment if X32 Mix is still functional?

Works like a champ in my testing. Updated yesterday, left my X32 on all day and had the X32 Edit/Mix connected (from my Mac and the iPad at the same time) and all devices appeared fully functional with no recognized lags, hangs or other anomalies. I run an iPad2, if folks are interested, with an updated X32-Mix app and 1.15 firmware on the X32.

Last edited:
Re: ipad ipad ipad

B&H now shows expected availability date for the X32 Rack as October 25. Ouch.

Hello

At Thomann webpage X32R is marked to be available @ 25th 10 - BUT - my little bird whispered, that they´ve two orders coming - first one is sold out, and 25th 10 refers to second set - Gott sei Dank I ordered mine in May, so I supposedly am in with first set.

Drrrrrrrummmmmrollllllllllll

Re: p-16m midi implementation

nuts... much like quite a lot of access to files and while using the search function on the Behringer.com website, I cannot seem to access it...

All I get is this:

An error occurred while processing your request. Reference #97.4e9b33b8.1379606599.cdd26cd

Never seemed to have stumbled upon that file on the website yet, where is it buried?

I know you folks have been having server issues, but perhaps is there any other redundant method of access to your files, maybe ftp or something?

Re: UPS

Damn, I wrote the below and filled out the stupid security stuff TWICE (both the preview and the post), and the message didn't appear. Thank goodness for auto-save and for copy/paste.

If it did appear, and this a duplicate, my apologies.

Stand corrected !! !
( it was the iPad bit that I couldn't recall as I was more interested in the x-control now renamed the x-edit - weak excuse I know) but as you remembered it possibly pepes could now use it!!!

I think the reason I remembered it was that I thought at the time, "Well, yes, I guess we could start another thread about this aspect of using the X32, but that just divides attention and guarantees an orphan thread. But I'll try it anyway and see what happens."

What happened was that it is available, but way off the front page, and not posted in for a long time. The information is available to those who search, but that's not much different IMO from searching this thread.

And I'm glad that Per liked my post where I called the thread we are in "the omnibus thread" and said it contains all there is to know about the X32.

In thinking about the subject since last night, I remembered the Wiki that he so graciously volunteered to head, and which I volunteered to help with after my busy summer was over.

Summer is over for me, and I went to his link for the Wiki to find that it is trapped in the Behringer site meltdown/clog, and so currently unavailable.

In putting the two concepts together ("Wiki organized so that info is findable" and "this thread contains all knowledge about the X32 and its ancillary devices/processes"), it strikes me that this thread could be treated as an information mine, with miners attacking limited sections of it (pages 100-110, for example), and adding information to the Wiki framework outline. That way no one would have to sit down and spontaneously write all of each part, or the section they were somehow assigned to do ("write all there is to know about the motorized faders" or "write about how to use Reaper to record 32 tracks", for examples).

The Wiki clearly should not be only on the Behringer website; don't know what's up with that or why it's taking upwards of a month to fix. Is it really more complicated than anywhere else on the Internet? (That is being asked by an ignorant person.) Is it because it's thousands of pages that have all been somehow corrupted and need to be individually repaired? I go to look at the main Compact webpage, for example, and the initial page sort of loads but none of the detail sublinks works.

Lastly, to wind up what seems to have turned into a minor rant, I don't understand the repeated calls to take all talk of router/iPad/cabling/recording/board recordings/etc./etc./etc. to other threads and leave this one somehow "pure X32 discussion".

For me, ALL of those things are integral parts of the X32 and large parts of why I think this is a BRILLIANT product, and apparently now a BRILLIANT product series (although I'm precluded from taking part in the rest of it by lack of access to the new products :evil: ).

The breadth of the X32 at such a reasonable price is what is so cool to me, and discussion of all parts of it belong in the comprehensive omnibus thread.

If I had my way, there would be NO other X32 threads anywhere, and everyone would know to look in one place every day to find out the current state of the product and its successes and failures.

If there's a part of it I don't personally care about (recording details), I have a scroll wheel on my mouse and can move by them quickly. Those who are interested can wallow to their hearts' content.

Those who don't care about cabling or whatever, which to me is as important as the console itself, can use their scroll wheels as well. But the information should all be in one place, changing on an ongoing basis to reflect the current news/fads/opinions.

IMNSHO.

:smug:

Re: Interface cards

Hi Jan,

Please, is Behringer on the way to extend one more Port for AES50 via extended card for 48 channels 48kHz sampling?
Or Do you have any other external solution inside of Music Group from Klark Teknik or Midas?
Thank you in advance for answer.
kr,
Jan

Dear Jan,

Both AES50 Port A and Port B are open on the X32. Each port supports 96 channels (48 in – 48 out).

We are currently developing 48K compatibility for the KLARK TEKNIK DN9650. I do not have an exact date for the 48K DN9650 update, but it is in the works and should be available by the end of year.

Here is a setup example:
You could have two S16 Stage Boxes connected to AES50 Port A – and also connect the DN9650 to Port B. The use of DN9650 cards allows you to configure Dante, MADI, CobraNet, A-Net and EtherSound – and route to available Ins/Outs on the X32.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

As mentioned many times before, I use a Eaton 3S with the X32, it's small and hardly cost anything, and works flawlessly.

I would have got the one Per recommends but unfortunately no longer do a UK plug model so got an apc with similar spec and price - switch over is 10ms

Re: Wiki

<snip>
In thinking about the subject since last night, I remembered the Wiki that he so graciously volunteered to head, and which I volunteered to help with after my busy summer was over.

Summer is over for me, and I went to his link for the Wiki to find that it is trapped in the Behringer site meltdown/clog, and so currently unavailable.

In putting the two concepts together ("Wiki organized so that info is findable" and "this thread contains all knowledge about the X32 and its ancillary devices/processes"), it strikes me that this thread could be treated as an information mine, with miners attacking limited sections of it (pages 100-110, for example), and adding information to the Wiki framework outline. That way no one would have to sit down and spontaneously write all of each part, or the section they were somehow assigned to do ("write all there is to know about the motorized faders" or "write about how to use Reaper to record 32 tracks", for examples).

The Wiki clearly should not be only on the Behringer website; don't know what's up with that or why it's taking upwards of a month to fix.

About the Wiki, I more or less told Joe, John and a focus group that I have given up on the Behringer site for the Wiki and will instead install a Wiki on X32user.net and do the project there, the main reason for this is the difficulty of getting the proper access and getting anything done in the Behringer web system. I had hoped that the restoration of the Behringer web would let me get to a current copy of the Wiki, my backup is quite old and contains about half the work already done :?~:-?~:???: (unfortunately I can only blame myself and will never learn).

However, when I have some time available, I'll set up the Wiki at X32user.net, and get in touch with the volunteers. The wiki install will be the same as on the Behringer site, so a subsequent transfer can take place at any time.

Re: Wiki

About the Wiki, I more or less told Joe, John and a focus group that I have given up on the Behringer site for the Wiki and will instead install a Wiki on X32user.net and do the project there, the main reason for this is the difficulty of getting the proper access and getting anything done in the Behringer web system. I had hoped that the restoration of the Behringer web would let me get to a current copy of the Wiki, my backup is quite old and contains about half the work already done :?~:-?~:???: (unfortunately I can only blame myself and will never learn).

However, when I have some time available, I'll set up the Wiki at X32user.net, and get in touch with the volunteers. The wiki install will be the same as on the Behringer site, so a subsequent transfer can take place at any time.

this in sort of reply to Dan as well - Per's site is designed to enable people to discuss and help each other solve issues and have separate threads re these.
Maybe we should encourage posters to visit it more- As indeed I should (slapped wrists!)

I think I got buried under iPad posts. Any suggestions to my above question?

More than likely, many like me ignored it since it's been discussed ad nauseam in this thread already - but since you apparently missed 'em, I (still) highly recommend the CyberPower Online UPS's. Since there are two inverters and you are always running off of battery, there is **NO** cycle time to worry about.

Smart App Series - OL1000RTXL2U

Double bonus - rack mountable. Amazon and Provantage both have it for $439 including shipping. For what it is, that's an amazing price....

More than likely, many like me ignored it since it's been discussed ad nauseam in this thread already....

:)~:)~:smile: Dan Mortensen likes this. (phooey, the font changes didn't come through)

Could there be a sticky at the top of every page that says something like:

"There are over 7500 posts in this thread, and almost every question has already been answered multiple times.

"Do a search before you ask so everyone won't think you haven't bothered to read the thread.

"If you then can't find an answer to your question, congratulations! You've come up with something original."

nuts... much like quite a lot of access to files and while using the search function on the Behringer.com website, I cannot seem to access it...

All I get is this:

An error occurred while processing your request. Reference #97.4e9b33b8.1379606599.cdd26cd

Never seemed to have stumbled upon that file on the website yet, where is it buried?

I know you folks have been having server issues, but perhaps is there any other redundant method of access to your files, maybe ftp or something?
A photo copy :D~:-D~:grin:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 1

A photo copy :D~:-D~:grin:

Hi Bob and Decan,
have you been searching for P16-M or for S16 MIDI implementations?

The link I gave is for P16-M, and it is available in the documentation drop-down of the P16-M product page at behringer.com.
It should look like this. Anyway, I will follow up why you might have had access problems on behringer.com
P16-M_EN.jpg

The one that Robert provided is about the S16 MIDI remote control. Unfortunately, it is not in a separate document, but only on p.12 of the English user manual, which you can find in the S16 documentation drop-down... http://www.behringer.com/assets/S16_M_EN.pdf

Cheers,
Jan

The link I gave is for P16-M, and it is available in the documentation drop-down of the P16-M product page at behringer.com.
It should look like this. Anyway, I will follow up why you might have had access problems on behringer.com

The link is there, but......... Maybe it's only accessible from inside the intranet.

The one that Robert provided is about the S16 MIDI remote control. Unfortunately, it is not in a separate document, but only on p.12 of the English user manual, which you can find in the S16 documentation drop-down... http://www.behringer.com/assets/S16_M_EN.pdf
Oooops, seems like I can't read correctly ;)

But there is probably someone who wanted to see the s16 midi implementation anyway :)